Is Nuggetry weed really that good?

OO

Technical Skeptical
do all dispensaries charge 20 a gram?

that's redic.

OO,

lwien

15 to 20 a gr is the going rate in the dispensaries here in Cali depending upon strain.

Considering the costs of running a storefront (rent, utilities, business and dispensary permits, insurance, etc etc etc) along with ongoing legal fees along with the fact that some dispensaries send their bud out for chemical and spectro analysis to test for adulterants and microscopic molds, the price to me, seems pretty reasonable.

lwien,

lwien

masbanji92 said:
Iv'e heard claims that the California Patients Association grows some of the best weed in California, if not the world. That seems bold but has anyone had the pleasure to try this place out?

http://legalmarijuanadispensary.com...ornia-patients-association-cpa&Itemid=118&i=1

Here's a couple of interesting polls regarding the best dispensaries in SoCal:

http://www.weedtracker.com/forums/1...lective-chat/190777-best-dispensary-poll.html

http://www.weedtracker.com/forums/1...-chat/239560-new-pre-ico-best-dispensary.html

WT is a pretty comprehensive site regarding dispensaries. Did a lot of research there before I decided on which one to go to.

lwien,

OO

Technical Skeptical
lwien said:
15 to 20 a gr is the going rate in the dispensaries here in Cali depending upon strain.

Considering the costs of running a storefront (rent, utilities, business and dispensary permits, insurance, etc etc etc) along with ongoing legal fees along with the fact that some dispensaries send their bud out for chemical and spectro analysis to test for adulterants and microscopic molds, the price to me, seems pretty reasonable.
i disagree.

the only reason they can justify these prices IMHO is the outrageous amounts of money that the local entities have been demanding these dispensaries pay for their permits like you mentioned, which even still doesn't come close to the profit margins when you're selling at 15-20 a gram. there are many people out there who trade amongst each other, and they go for near 5$ a gram for middies and up to 10 a gram for top shelf.

only the guys who water cure are demanding 50 an eighth, and who's gonna bother paying that much?
we're talking about a plant, not oil.

OO,

lwien

OO said:
[there are many people out there who trade amongst each other, and they go for near 5$ a gram for middies and up to 10 a gram for top shelf.

Ok, let's consider a few things. Those who trade, like you mentioned above, trade for 10gr for top shelf bud. But.............they don't incur all of the costs associated with running a business (permits, insurance, legal consul, utilities, rent, taxes, etc etc etc, nor do they pay outside labs to test their bud for adulterants and microscopic mold. Add all those expenses to your 10gr that you stated above, and to me, the end price does not sound that unreasonable.

lwien,

Nosferatu

At first glance it may seem expensive but at least in my local dispensaries they hook you up. And from what I know all good dispensaries over weigh. While 50 dollars an 8th does seem ridiculous keep in mind if your even somewhat friendly the budtender will give you at least 4.0.

My local dispensary caps at 50 and when I ask for a half 8th its always AT LEAST 2 grams and they sometimes even give it to me for 20 instead of 25. So remember when you build a relationship with a certain clinic you get better and better deals. Although not all do so in some cases it can be plain ridiculous. I would never pay 65 for 3.5, thats just crazy now. 50 for 4.3, ehh fair enough untill i can grow my own. ;)

Not to mention how on earth can a vaporist complain we use like nothing per sesh, THANKS Purple Days! :lol:

Nosferatu,

george

masbanji92 said:
At first glance it may seem expensive but at least in my local dispensaries they hook you up. And from what I know all good dispensaries over weigh. While 50 dollars an 8th does seem ridiculous keep in mind if your even somewhat friendly the budtender will give you at least 4.0.

My local dispensary caps at 50 and when I ask for a half 8th its always AT LEAST 2 grams and they sometimes even give it to me for 20 instead of 25. So remember when you build a relationship with a certain clinic you get better and better deals. Although not all do so in some cases it can be plain ridiculous. I would never pay 65 for 3.5, thats just crazy now. 50 for 4.3, ehh fair enough untill i can grow my own. ;)

Not to mention how on earth can a vaporist complain we use like nothing per sesh, THANKS Purple Days! :lol:

hahaa sounds just like building a relationship with a street dealer.

george,

lwien

Let me add to that masban. When I first went into my dispensary to get an eighth, they comped me 3 different grams of different strains, just to try out along with an edible. About 6 months ago, I got an eighth from a different dispensary that I felt had a bit too many stems in it, and when I contacted them, they said to come back in and they would make good on it. I brought back the eighth, but they said to just keep it, and offered me another eighth of my choice, free of charge.

The dispensary business is pretty competitive and they will bend over backwards to keep you as a patient.

Does that add to the value of doing business with a retail storefront. In my opinion, absolutely, besides the fact of not having to deal with possible shady dealers. For that, I will gladly pay 15 to 20 bucks a gram, or 38 to 50 for an eighth, especially considering what masban said regarding the PD. My eighths last me about 4 and half months of vaping nightly with my warm little wooden friend. ;)

lwien,

OO

Technical Skeptical
the parallels between street dealers and dispensaries are many, i still don't see why anybody would pay 50$ for four grams.

OO,

OO

Technical Skeptical
vape4health said:
Is there an echo .

:D
yeah, it seems the point isn't getting across.

larry, all of the justifications you have listed would really only benefit those who don't know a legit dealer or who have weakened immune systems.

the method of consumption is meaningless in this discussion, as we are comparing prices on weights of product.

OO,

vape4health

No no , I was talking about lwiens double and the two comments about steet dealer .

vape4health,

Nosferatu

OO said:
the parallels between street dealers and dispensaries are many, i still don't see why anybody would pay 50$ for four grams.

No offense, but people like me who don't have a place to grow yet really appreciate those 4 grams of top shelf even at a price of 50. And I could get more from dealer friends but its not at all up to par with clinic quality. Im sure in 20 years I will be in your position saying the same thing. But everyone has their time, we all started in the same place(buying a nug of swag for 20 after school :lol: ) , its an escalading cycle I would say.

Nosferatu,

2clicker

Observer
most times the dispensaries are getting the "seconds" of the crops

the growers and their partners/close friends in buying groups pick through the crop and take the nicest flowers for themselves before any gets to the dispensaries

OO

Technical Skeptical
masbanji92 said:
OO said:

No offense, but people like me who don't have a place to grow yet really appreciate those 4 grams of top shelf even at a price of 50. And I could get more from dealer friends but its not at all up to par with clinic quality. Im sure in 20 years I will be in your position saying the same thing. But everyone has their time, we all started in the same place(buying a nug of swag for 20 after school :lol: ) , its an escalading cycle I would say.
you say its not up to par with the clinic's quality, but you haven't seen the weed that growers won't sell to dispensaries (given that that is the only place you get your herbs from).

OO,

Nosferatu

OO said:
masbanji92 said:
OO said:

you say its not up to par with the clinic's quality, but you haven't seen the weed that growers won't sell to dispensaries (given that that is the only place you get your herbs from).

You are right i guess, I dont have the best connects, and it makes sense what you say about the growers. But still, the best I can get is through the clubs now but i'm sure I will know some real growers someday like you OO. ;)

Nosferatu,

lwien

OO said:
larry, all of the justifications you have listed would really only benefit those who don't know a legit dealer or who have weakened immune systems.

the method of consumption is meaningless in this discussion, as we are comparing prices on weights of product.

When we're discussing the justifications of paying a higher price from a dispensary rather than a cheaper price from a dealer, the method of consumption does comes into play. For me, because I use the PD, my consumption is a gram will last me about 40 days, maybe even a bit longer. At 20 bucks a gram, that equates to 50 cents a day. Now if I went to a dealer, it could cost me .25 cents a day, but for me, that extra .25 cents buys me:

A legal place to purchase my meds
A place that will test my meds for chemicals and molds before I purchase it.
A place that will stand behind the product that they sell me.
A place that has consistently top quality meds.
A place that keeps a database of their different strains and how each strain affects a particular ailment or symptom through patient feedback.
A place that informed me that if I ever fell on hard times and I was in dire need of my meds, but couldn't afford then, that they would offer them to me free of charge.
A place that will comp me a sample of new strains that they get in.
A place that I can kick back and just discuss with the owner and budtenders all the different strains and how effective they are as well as discuss the genetics of each strain.
A place where I can look at 20 different jars full of bud of 20 different strains.
A place where I can purchase edibles and concentrates of various strengths and strains.

Is all the above worth an extra .25 cents a day to me? You betcha........(edit: Fuck, that sounded just like Sarah Palin...............gag, cough, sputter)

lwien,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i don't really know much at all, this is just speculation.

if you make alot of childhood friends, and are nice to those around you, well a little generosity goes a long way.

OO,

OO

Technical Skeptical
lwien said:
OO said:

When we're discussing the justifications of paying a higher price from a dispensary rather than a cheaper price from a dealer, the method of consumption does comes into play. For me, because I use the PD, my consumption is a gram will last me about 40 days, maybe even a bit longer. At 20 bucks a gram, that equates to 50 cents a day. Now if I went to a dealer, it could cost me .25 cents a day, but for me, that extra .25 cents buys me:

A legal place to purchase my meds
A place that will test my meds for chemicals and molds before I purchase it.
A place that keeps a database of their different strains and how each strain affects a particular ailment or symptom through patient feedback.
A place that informed me that if I ever fell on hard times and I was in dire need of my meds, but couldn't afford then, that they would offer them to me free of charge.
A place that I can kick back and just discuss with the owner and budtenders all the different strains and how effective they are as well as discuss the genetics of each strain.
A place where I can look at 20 different jars full of bud of 20 different strains.
A place where I can purchase edibles and concentrates of various strengths and strains.

Is all the above worth an extra .25 cents a day to me? You betcha........
when i pay .125 cents, i also get:

one thing i don't get is:
this is irrelevant if you get free samples, and can document these things yourself which most people are capable of, and is besides, the different ratios of cannabinoids are only useful to the extent to which you are able to utilize them, which is moreso with particular vapes than smoking, but moreso with smoking than other particular vapes, all of which are extractable through variable extraction methods.

oh, and that .875 cents a day that i save will go to anything i need in day to day life, which for a poor college student who just lost his job and has been able to make it 5 years without financial aid, and would like to keep it that way really means alot.

OO,

lwien

OO said:

I would say that that is one helluva an exceptional dealer you got there but I would also say, that that is FAR from the norm when dealing with dealers.

lwien,

OO

Technical Skeptical
lwien said:
OO said:

I would say that that is one helluva an exceptional dealer you got there but I would also say, that that is FAR from the norm when dealing with dealers.

i'd say that the norm is changing, and has been ever since prop 215, it just goes to show how much better access patients are getting now that law is starting to see reform.

OO,
Top Bottom