Is K.O. inevitable?

lazylathe

Almost there...
Practice makes perfect!
I am now able to vape first thing on the weekend and be pretty productive and not need to sleep. I can do this with either and Indica or Sativa strain.
Usually when I get a new strain it messe me up the first few times but then it is business as usual!

This is using my EQ at 199 C with the shorty DDave adapter and an 19mm M2M with EQ screen and the tubing slipped onto the other side of the M2M. 45 second heat soak and cloud city!!
I do not up the temp any more but do crush the bud up and tamp down during the session.

It knocked me out cold last night for 8 solid hours!!

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
KO triggers:
- The munchies monster - Vape and full belly = blissful nap..... This is the big one for me. I also crave vaping after a good meal to relieve that full feeling and it works for me but it also causes KO too. Maybe its because I vaped before the meal too :drool:
- Vaping and then not moving can cause couch-lock and then nap-lock. Can't count the number of times I got ripped and ready to binge watch something and woke up to have to start over.
- Dry mouth and Sugary drinks - excellent for the first 10 minutes till the crash occurs. Often I have to remember to steer clear after a vape.
- Vape and hot shower. G'night!

KO avoidance:
- Lower temp vaping
- Energetic music can cause toe tapping and I can't KO if my toes are tapping.
- Good conversation energizes me and keeps me going.
- Vape in preparation for: Exercise, working on something, cooking, etc. Opposite to vaping and not moving.
- Last resort - coffee AFTER the vape. If I have coffee before vaping I get a bit jittery and a little paranoid but drinking coffee afterwards doesn't hit as hard.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Lucky me, completely immune to K.O.

That would not be lucky for me. Without the herb I would only sleep once every 2 days. I need the knock out to stop my racing, unrelenting mind driving me insane every night.

I just want to be able to vape on a saturday morning and stay awake all day. There has been some good advice.

I think my new, saturday approach will be microdosing with the 14mm ddave in the day time. And at low temps. 185 degrees I think.

@His_Highness, I think you are right, there is alot to say for staying energised.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Everything in moderation - using a small amount and waiting was a good idea. Trying some different strains, like some sativas that have some energy - like a lemon haze if you know the names of what you are getting. I have s couple strains that I wouldn't use during the day. I save them for before bed.

We are all different as to how the strains affect us. So start slow and lower tempretures like 350 degrees.

Having a little food in your stomach but don't over do it. I find I get more medicated on an empty stomach. I don't know why that is? Someone may know the answer.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I live in the UK. I cultivate. Secretly. And only 3 plants a time. I don't want to go to prison so I don't even keep scales in the house in case the police think I may be sharing my herb.

So I get one new strain every 4 months as I grow. At the moment I have superstrains original amnesia. Which is 80/20 sativa hybrid. It's very uplifting. For 3 hours. Then :zzz:

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
I don't even know what I have, or how I would find out, all I know is it's green, it stinks, it's expensive and it gets me hammered!

Sometimes I might be told it's tooty fruity, or lemon haze, bubble gum etc.. Half the time I think they make this shit up, so they can spray it in sugar water and then give it sweet sounding names to disguise the fact!

Perhaps that's the cynic in me! I have definitely in my 25+ years of toking, never been told I had Sativa or Indica?

Those words weren't even in my vocabulary until I met FC!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I get the sugar water thing. Basterds.

I too never was told indicia or sativa. But was told strain names. But like you say it's 90% bullshit.

I think most of the weed on uk streets in indicia. As it's quicker to grow and requires less space. This meets the needs of closet growers, and the quick turnaround, criminal grows.

Now I have a good sativa strain, I can say I don't think iv ever had weed like this before. It's beautiful.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Genetic cannabis obsession is a fairly North American kind of thing I feel.
Definitely!!!
But, have you checked the Europe section on ICMAG??

Holy hell, they are killing it in Europe right now.
UK section in particular is pretty good.

Edit; I actually haven't even been over there in a few months, but man... They were rocking some insane genetics in the UK.

Last edited:

Hot Dog Day 187

Once you're rocking your Silver Solo and a WT, I'm sure it will be Z'ed city for you - Enjoy :)

Hah, I WISH!

This will be my 4th solo.
The first 3 I loved, but I always had more vapes for myself and friends who had no vapes. so, 3 of my friends have my old solos :)

The Silver Surfer will always be my favorite, until something with more brute force comes out. Every day I grind up 2-3 grams and just vape it all without taking any breaks. by the time i'm done, i'm usually feeling all right, but my SSV screen is totally clogged!!!

the mighty lives up to its name properly and is the only portable i know of that can kick half a dozen people's asses in one session!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I'd say you may have tolerance issues.
With weed, less is definately more.
I bet I get higher than you from vaping 0.4 than the 3g sessions.
Why not cut down and maybe you will K.O. again.

@1DMF, have you seen the UK cannabis news today. Cbd dispensaries are gonna start opening now. It's a good start.

Hot Dog Day 187

I'd say you may have tolerance issues.
With weed, less is definately more.
I bet I get higher than you from vaping 0.4 than the 3g sessions.
Why not cut down and maybe you will K.O. again.

You aren't wrong at all ! I'm sure you get higher off 0.4, and I vape top shelf only!

My tolerance is something serious though. i took a 2 week forced t-break (traveling out of country), when i came home it took a couple vape bowls before i felt anything! it was crazy.

My tolerance might never go down. before i started vaping (3? 4? years ago?) I smoked between an 8th and a quarter every day and had been doing it for a whole decade, so maybe theres a certain threshold i'll never dip down below again!

in the last 2 months i have been curring it down from 3g a day to around 1g a day and im noticing i get a lot more effects each time i vape. its hard to just slow down though since i vape for a variety of medical reasons otherwise i would take t-breaks on a regular basis to keep my tolerance more in check!

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@Hot Dog Day 187 wow 1/4 a day I expected that to last me 2 weeks when I combusted!

OK if I visited friends I'd use more, but home personal use, just single skinners (not large skins either - I'm a small silver Rizla - as little paper as possible - kind of guy ;) )

I feel for you if your tolerance was that high and you have serious medical reasons for partaking, good luck with lowing it, let us know how you get on.

I deliberately K.O.'d myself last night, woke up on the sofa @3am this morning and caught the tail end of a Walking Dead repeat - it was fun :)

@1DMF, have you seen the UK cannabis news today. Cbd dispensaries are gonna start opening now. It's a good start.
No I hadn't, that is good news, especially for my Mum if the CBD helps with her Cancer and neck problems.

And hopefully is the first step of many in lifting the lid on prohibition in the U.K. - though I won't be holding my breath!

Edit: Just found this http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uks-first-legal-cannabis-vaporiser-6692049

As my Mum smokes fags and where not possible has an eCig - this could be the awnser to both, plus all the CBD benefits - Nice one @kellya86 , thanks for the heads up :tup:

Last edited:
1DMF,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Thanks @Hashtag46&2, I will check that out. I wish I lived in the states so I could get my hands on the clone only goodies. Like gsc and Bruce banner#3.

@1DMF, I'm pretty sure this is the start of a loophole that will allow many dispensaries to open in the UK. Are the police really gonna start testing to find out if there is only cbd. I think not. Give it 3 years and I'm sure we will have legal herb.

This new loophole is too hard to police.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Ha I know. I though all was lost after the debate. I thought as long as Cameron is about we would get no where.

But now with this cbd thing, I really think we have a chance. Unless they decide to make cbd illegal. Surely this has to be the start of the decision being taken out of the governments hands.

I'm optimistic now, but this will probably change. I won't hold my breath for the ounce.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Iv been vaping about 6 weeks now. During the week I only vape after work.
I normally vape at 6 ish and am sleeping by 10. If I vape at the weekend in the morning, at about 10., iv ended up sleeping by 2 o clock in the afternoon.

So my question is, Is It Inevitable that I will pass out 4 hours after vaping. Caus that seems to be how it is. Even if I only vape at low temps, i get energised, but i still end up sleeping in the end.

Maybe I just cant wake and vape. Unless I have a few hours spare in the day to sleep it off.
I will say what I do and it's only my take!

Sativas in the morning
Hybrids after lunch
Indicas before bed

I take a one hour nap in the middle of the day usually.

If I have a INDICA during my waking hours I'm down for the count!

For me I have become selective on the CANNABIS STRAIN at the given moment!

Indica's only at night!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
If I want to stay awake I start my Air on white 190 & finish on green 200 so it is perfect for daytime use. I just puff away on it (like I am right now) & let the good times roll. I am good to drive under 200 for example, over 200 & I should not be getting behind the wheel.

I only use water above 200 for the Air & seem to use my modded EQ on 230 these days. The EQ is a KO machine when I am milking a bong but is more of an after dark prospect. Mind you I have been known to wake up & milk a couple of huge ones first thing. That done, I am done & napping for lunch.

1CD4p9E.png

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Yeah now I have a flowermate, it's more possible to vape in the day without being horizontal by early afternoon. I realise the eq was alot of the problem, even if I use the 14mm @DDave and microdose. I still get a bif cloud and that still fucks me up. I'm pretty sure I could leave my eq empty and still get really high from it. It has some mystical power to get me very very high.

The flowermate oven holds more than I would vape in the eq at once, yet doesn't wipe the floor with me, I guess it's less efficient, but I don't mind that for when I'm out.

@ataxian , a choice of strains like that would be nice, but I'm a funny brit tea drinker like @1DMF, we don't get that sort of choice. I vape 80% sativa all the time. Very buzzy for a few hours, then crash.

Top Bottom