Is it safe to vape MCT Oil?

justin1287

I have always considered it unsafe to vape MCT Oil as I have no proof that it is safe to vape. I haven't looked into it for over a year now and am wondering what the general consensus is.

Thanks in advance!

justin1287,
Reactions: OF

OF

I have always considered it unsafe to vape MCT Oil as I have no proof that it is safe to vape. I haven't looked into it for over a year now and am wondering what the general consensus is.

Thanks in advance!

I strongly suspect this a a very bad idea and advise caution. This is a medium weight saturated fatty acid not some psychoactive chemical in cannabis. This is the not the sort of stuff that normally can be absorbed in your lungs (you ingest it by eating, right?), it's going to gum things up there and be very hard to expel I bet? Not the sort of stuff you want to paint the inside of your lungs with, at least I've zero interest in doing so with mine........

Would you vape say Coconut Oil? Neither would I. Same basic thing.

"Danger, Will Robinson", IMO this is one you should steer way clear of. Even if some 'expert' on a forum suggests it. You vape to protect your lungs, not damage them, hopefully?

OF

OF,

justin1287

Thanks for the reply. This has always been my stance as well. I actually emailed a company that is selling additives in MCT oil and they even admitted that they don't believe it to be safe. It makes me wonder why they are selling it.

justin1287,
Reactions: OF

OF

It makes me wonder why they are selling it.

I can definitely help you there. For the money. Like a lot of others.

They care more for your money than your health or well being. Not an uncommon situation of course, but disgusting none the less. And no doubt illegal at some point, not that that seems to matter much.

I'd pass on it, especially if they can't tell you why you want it? What is the supposed benefit. We had a reason for putting PCBs in transformer oils at least.........

OF

OF,
Top Bottom