Is it Hydra Tube or Hydro Tube?

OF

So I've been thinking about this a bit (never a safe thing with a sure outcome.....). Hydra (with an A) seems to be much more common than Hydro (with an O), I suspect because it sounds more fun?

I suggest it should be Hydro. Hydra would relate to the mythical multi headed snake of Greek mythology, right? Kind of a dead region from a far away land, not so relevant? OTOH, Hydro, meaning water, makes a lot of sense. "Water Tube" as opposed to 'multi headed snake tube'?

Or not.

Which do you think it should be? What is the 'right' name of say PMWT? How should we spell it?

TIA

OF

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I've noticed VapeXhale calls them hydratubes and everyone else seems to call them hydrotubes. That's just what I've noticed in a tiny sample size so take that with a grain of salt.

I'm a bit OCD and I try to follow this rule, whether it's correct or not. So, for example, a glass piece bought from the official website is a hydratube. A glass piece bought from DHgate, or even Möbius, would be a hydrotube as far as I'm concerned.

In the end though, it doesn't matter, they're the same thing. Is it a q-tip or a cotton swab? Either way it does the same job.

OF

I've noticed VapeXhale calls them hydratubes and everyone else seems to call them hydrotubes. That's just what I've noticed in a tiny sample size so take that with a grain of salt.

In the end though, it doesn't matter, they're the same thing. Is it a q-tip or a cotton swab? Either way it does the same job.

Works for me. A maker is free to name his product nearly anything I guess, but not redefine the general case? Hydra sounds neat, but is an illogical name since it's neither a snake nor multi headed? It is, however, a water filled tube so in my tiny little mind Hydrotube makes great sense.

When did VX 'invent' theirs? That is were there already Hydrotubes on the market?

I like the swab analogy. You make an excellent point, "Q-tip" is a trade marked name (Johnson and Johnson?) for cotton swabs......what the Brits would call 'cotton buds' just to make it more fun?

OF

rodders83

Maybe a name play for a patent? Hydratube for them Hydro for others. For sure though Hydra is the Greek monster with a lot of heads that umm regenerate i think? I like them funny before bed i spent an hour trying to figure out if i wanted another which i do.

I am going to get a 25cm version of the PWNT from Germany as i noticed EHLE has them in bongs called percolator versions. Check those out and image a bong with no base. I want this instead of lunking around a beaker base because the 14mm joint under a coat aint feasable and is a weak bit to break. I think i can pocket a 25-30cm 30mm Hydrotube with my coat on and no one will notice. :D

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Do you mean something like this?
14.4 mm Micro-shower Water Tool Attachment

The 14.4 mm microshower is a portable water tool attachment used with the Pinnacle or any 14.4 mm male adapter, out on the martket. these are through Vaporblunt.

F Bomb @PlanetVape
CODE: f-Bomb14mm

f-Bomb-14mm_lgfs-75.png

f-Bomb_beside_Solo.png
these are around $100 but you can find them on DHgate for way cheaper but often some flaws. Most folks think they were pretty good.
Hydro means water.

Last edited:

OF

Do you mean something like this?
14.4 mm Micro-shower Water Tool Attachment

The 14.4 mm microshower is a portable water tool attachment used with the Pinnacle or any 14.4 mm male adapter, out on the martket.

F Bomb @PlanetVape
CODE: f-Bomb14mm

Yep, good stuff. Of the two I like PNWT better I think, mine drains the upper chamber back better. But basically they're the same. As are a host of Chinese knock offs. The same idea, a coaxial tube bubbler, also comes on 'wax pen burners'. They often have effective water traps built in so they don't leak or spill, a big plus IMO. More so if you are clumsy or wish to put it in your pocket. Even more so if both apply.

Thanks CK.

OF

biohacker

When did VX 'invent' theirs? That is were there already Hydrotubes on the market?

Maybe a name play for a patent?

Those who have been on this forum long enough will remember, it all started with @stonemonkey55 and the invention of the VapeXhale Cloud vaporizer. AFAIK, he was the actual inventor (with a few others) of the HYDRATUBE designed specifically for the Cloud Vaporizer, and there were no others (hydro or whatever) on the market at the time.

VXL were going to patent it, however china starting producing them and they took off, as hydrotubes I guess. There was alot of discussion about this in the EVO thread for those interested and willing to put in the time. It was about the patent and ethics of purchasing knock off china HT's.

Sorry if that's not the answer you have been looking for @OF... sounds like you wanted to discuss semantics, but I hope that gives you a little more history on the HT :D

OF

Sorry if that's not the answer you have been looking for @OF... sounds like you wanted to discuss semantics, but I hope that gives you a little more history on the HT :D

No, thank you that's the answer to the question I asked, isn't it? You're saying that 10 years back such things didn't exist......interesting.

But that doesn't really change my point? That might be the official name (BTW it's protected by copyrights, like a book, not patients like an apple peeler) of their unit, you're right I was looking for what we should properly call all the similar ones. They can (and IMO should) be 'cotton swabs' not 'Q-tips'?

Thanks for the contribution.

OF

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I think the hydratube comes from hydration, or to hydrate.
VapeXhale likes to play with words like this, even their company name is a play on words vape & exhale.
They join two words with a letter they have in common:
hydration tube -> hydratube
vape exhale -> vapexhale

Top Bottom