Invention idea. Help is appreciated.

Hello everyone at FC. It's my first time posting here on FC.
I tend to keep alot of different herb flavors with me at all times.
Unfortunately, that means that I have alot of containers with me and it can be overwhelming.
Often I am quite disappointed at the container some of these herbs come in.
Sometimes my herbs dry out or the smell begins to overpower my room and it becomes a problem.
I've thought of a great solution for this.
Tell me what you guys think please.

Rubber handle.
Its going to be a amber/blue glass airtight petri dish stacked on top of each other.
loadimageaspx.jpg

However the difference between this one is its going to have a tube running down the middle connected to the top chamber in which the top chamber holds a humidifier pack
humidipak.jpg

This keeps your flavors fresh. The tube that runs down the middle of the petri dish is going to be made of glass with 8 slits for each side of the tube. The bottom is going to be a stand that is made out of rubber with a LED + Magnifying glass built inside of it. Same technology as the beauty magnifying glass. This is to inspect for quality.
DaylightImages381.jpg

This container will be glass, which makes a difference because alot of other plastic container will make the quality of your flavors as well as effect go down.

It will also have a carying pouch in which you could carry lighters,eyedrops,matches, wicks, screen, bowls, ect. ect.

Any comments? Suggestions?

VapinDitto,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Glass breaks. Your distribution model for humidity lacks air movement and may not be as effective as you think. If you are going to use colored glass for light protection, Amber filters the most harmfull stuff. Blue looks cool but doesn't protect as well. I feel your solution would work ok in my lab fridge but portability might be an issue. How much will your product cost? I use this for a portable solution and as an intermediate container for when meds come out of "stasis" (Vacuum sealed with an 02 absorber in 1/2 gallon Mason jars):

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=6683

http://www.freshstor.com/

bt89x.png

t-dub,

SD_haze

I'm also unsure the humidipack will work correctly with a tube that decends to multiple chambers just with slits.

I actually emailed the Cvault creator when I first got mine suggesting he ought to design a partition or two in the container for multiple strains. He didn't seem interested in the concept. I guess he'd rather us buy 4 jars than 1 multi-strain jar.

Plus i'm sure from a machining point of view, double partition walls wouldn't be that simple and kind of ruins the nice curved sides of the Cvault.

But there's definitely a market for a multi-strain light-blocking humidipack container.

SD_haze,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
SD_haze said:
But there's definitely a market for a multi-strain light-blocking humidipack container.

Yes, absolutely. I like that :) I have been modifying my Cvault because of this, with plastic for now, and will report, in the appropriate thread, when I get something actionable and positive.

t-dub,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I used cardboard from a 18 pack of beer and cut out little inserts that interlock to make 4 quadrants in my CVault. It was the very first thing I did so that I could keep strains segregated.

Stu,

SD_haze

Stu said:
I used cardboard from a 18 pack of beer and cut out little inserts that interlock to make 4 quadrants in my CVault. It was the very first thing I did so that I could keep strains segregated.

Great simple solution but,

Is there any good reason I'm feeling like a non-colored/non-inked cardboard material would be better for the 100% preservation of the herb?

:hmm:

SD_haze,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
My comment is what about flavor cross-contamination? Won't it all taste the same after a while? Thus my continued testing . . . I am experimenting with nested, inert, plastic liners available as common product packaging that you would normally recycle.

t-dub,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I don't think the taste would be affected at all. The reason I say this is because one of my "quadrants" had (still has, actually) some really purple buds that smelled ok, but for some reason tasted absolutely awful when vaped. It still tastes awful after several weeks, and I haven't noticed any of the other quadrants' buds flavor change at all.

:peace:

Stu,

weedemon

enthusiast
i carry my nugs in a jar all together ,but I can always tell what strain is what. busted up I think i could even tell still. they all smell and look different.

a container with a simple divider should do the trick i would think ? I like glass, for it's relative unreactive properties. but ti's fragile so how about metal/rubber lines glass interior section that is separate into 2/3/4 segments? put the pak in the lid above it all?

weedemon,

SD_haze

t-dub said:
My comment is what about flavor cross-contamination? Won't it all taste the same after a while? Thus my continued testing . . . I am experimenting with nested, inert, plastic liners available as common product packaging that you would normally recycle.

At the very least it would all smell the same.

I've had some Bubble Gum in my Cvault for over a month and it really doesnt just smell sweet, smells like pure bubblegum. Sometimes I'll just open it to get that wonderful whiff even when im not vaping.
The humidipacks definitely do a wonderful job of preserving the smell (and flavor)

VapinDitto you have a pic of a 69% humidipack but the Cvault is 62%.
I'd say its plenty "wet" at 62.

SD_haze,
Top Bottom