Interesting way to spend less on a vaporizer.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
While dicking around Google, I typed in craigslist and vaporizer and saw ads for vaporizers for sale in different cities.
There was an ad for a never used SSV for $140 in San Francisco. Thought this would make an amazing
gift for someone (not an engagement vaporizer), so I emailed the seller, asked if he would ship and if he took PayPal, and it was shipped today
with a tracking number. This type of approach could potentially score you a good vape at a bargain price without needing to limit your
search to your area.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Of course there is a degree of risk this way but I think PayPal does offer buyer protection.
Also in person you can haggle but through the email you're more limited and there's going to be a shipping charge.
However your options are expanded logarithmically pursing it this way.
You're not going to find a PD, and/or/but vaporizing isn't for everyone so you're going to see lots of used vaporizers for sale, even moreso than Ebay.

jeffp,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Wasn't the Vaporbrothers supposed to be a 'gift' too? I think maybe we should talk about your whip vaporizer habit. :D

You should like the SSV. :cool:

vtac,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
yeah but i ended up liking the VB so much it became absurdly non giftable - I actually have a SSV; my first real vape.
but we should definitely talk, you're right.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
vtac said:
Wasn't the Vaporbrothers supposed to be a 'gift' too? I think maybe we should talk about your whip vaporizer habit. :D

You should like the SSV. :cool:

Funny you should have mentioned this a few months ago. Yesterday I picked up a used SSV locally for $60. Looks like it was hardly used and you could tell the seller prefers combustion and does it alot.
I already have one but thought this would be good to have to gift someone with down the line.

*edit*
"a few years ago" would have been more accurate....:2c:

jeffp,

SD_haze

I bought my first two vaporizers off craigslist.

The first was an easy-vape, which I got without knowing really anything about the vapor world other than the $70 i was paying was way lower than its "retail"

Then I got an iolite off craigslist for $140, which was over a year ago when it wasnt that cheap at most places.
I ended up fucking it up with shitty butane, so I called the guy, and of course, no warranty with the company.

BUT, in about 10 mins he came over and exchanged it with a brand new unit out of pocket. No waiting weeks for it to get back over from ireland :D

I've also bought a number of bongs, including a GonG diffused beaker with a halo perc that was only $27 (I traded medicine but it only cost me $27 :p)

Craigslist is great for cannabis-related products especially in big cities (especially in california =P)

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

Nice deal! I didnt know you had an SSV jeff... or did I? still a good deal and a great gift for someone really interested in vaporizing.

Nycdeisel,

turtles

when was this SSV listed?
was it the pink one? :lol:... I bought my SSV in SF for $150, it's excellent

turtles,
There's nothing wrong with Craigslist if you are discerning and can pick the scumbags from the real people. I would never, ever pay for anything online and expect them to ship to me, though. You obviously found a nice person with scruples, which is pretty rare these days.

I traded my Voodoo for a nice 2 foot double perc'd bong on CL, traded my VG classic for my Vapolution, and also picked up my fist DBV for about 100 dollars in excellent condition. My Eclipse H20 was only 40 bucks with a free jet lighter and a full canister of Power butane - it'd been used only three times and was a snap to clean to as-new condition.

But I've smell out some stinkers, too. I went to one guy for a 40 dollar Iolite, and even after he sent me photos of a real unit, it was a Skyda when I showed up. Another guy was trying to sell a blatantly cracked bowl after putting up a picture of a cherry one, another had an Extreme Q with a display that wouldn't fire up when I plugged it in, which he obviously tried to keep me from doing. "Oh, dawg, I didn't know, I'm so fucking sorry, that must have happened in the car ride over here (BAHAHA), I'll give it to you for only 80 dawg!" I've learned that if someone from CL answers their phone "what's good?" in a slovenly hip-hop drawl, then hang the fuck up.

charliedontsurf,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
Nice deal! I didnt know you had an SSV jeff... or did I? still a good deal and a great gift for someone really interested in vaporizing.

Yes, it was my first real vaporizer; i got it before stumbling upon FC. The guy met me in front of a movie theater near my place, kind of a weird dude, kept offering handshakes. I didn't even notice the last handshake gesture, I nodded and was about to walk away but his hand was stuck out again.
Yeah 60 bucks for a SSV is very cool.
If you live in a major city there's almost always vapes for sale on Craigslist - it shows that it's not for everyone for whatever reason.
I think even though there is a slight element of risk, if you're just starting out, and or if you're on a tight budget, a good used vape is better than a piece of crap new vape for the same money.

jeffp,
Top Bottom