Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

florduh

So, one of the big takeaways is that Alan Dershowitz is maybe the most cited name in the documents and is accused of raping multiple children. Which makes this pre-release interview absolutely amazing.

"Oh yeah????? Well did the kids I fucked condemn HAMAS?????"

LOL. Absolutely beyond parody. This is on the third day of 2024. An election year.

Bibi, look at your lawyer dawg. You're gonna spend the rest of your life in a hole at The Hague.

florduh

Oh cool. Macbill found a story designed in a lab to give a hypertensive crisis.

GDCIfLyW0AA_Oea

So Musk is suing to try and overturn nearly 100 years of settled law and disband the National Labor Relations Board. And with it, the entire concept of unionization in America. At a time when we have a Right Wing Supreme Court stocked with corporate cocksuckers.

Something Musk and other Right Wingers forget is...the National Labor Relations Act was the compromise. Labor leaders at the time were getting ready to hang every banker and factory owner in the country. Frank Roosevelt said let's try the NLRA and other New Deal reforms instead.

Rich people in this country need to be afraid again.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So Musk is suing to try and overturn nearly 100 years of settled law and disband the National Labor Relations Board. And with it, the entire concept of unionization in America.
I am sure they looked at the ruling in Glacier Northwest and decided it was worth a shot. If the court takes it up, the very least they will get is further weakening of the NLRB.

Edited to add: the supreme Court has always sucked (okay fine the Warren Court was pretty amazing sometimes), but if you read Justice Jackson's dissent you'll see some amazing explanation of labor law, which was completely ignored by 8 other people. I admit I was one of the people who was skeptical of her on labor issues, but she is great.

Last edited:

florduh

I am sure they looked at the ruling in Glacier Northwest and decided it was worth a shot. If the court takes it up, the very least they will get is further weakening of the NLRB.

I'm pretty sure this Jarksey v. SEC bullshit is about ending the administrative state and the entire concept of government regulations too. That is what the Federalist Society scumbags on that court are there to do. They don't actually give a fuck about abortion.

This is what the "2024 is the most important election of our lifetime" crowd forgets. The battle is Joever. Republicans don't need to be in office to enact their agenda. They can just let the Supreme Court take care of all that.

Sure glad Ruth Bader Ginsburg got to go to that COVID Wedding when she had Stage 9,000 pancreatic cancer! Hope the DJ was good!

What gives me some hope is that the US Labor Movement is currently being led by a Radical Leftist who looks and sounds like the average Midwest Dad.

im-882102

image.png

florduh

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
NY AG James seeks $370 million from Trump in civil fraud trial
The New York attorney general's office argued Friday that former President Trump and his company should pay $370 million in penalties for decades of financial fraud, according to a court filing.

Last edited:

CANtalk

Gonna be a wild year

Donald Trump Refuses to Sign Pledge Against Overthrowing Government​

Elise Stefanik, the pro-Trump No. 4 House Republican, won't commit to certifying the 2024 election and wants to 'see if this is a legal and valid election'​

:peace: :leaf:

SinfulRoad

Gonna be a wild year

Donald Trump Refuses to Sign Pledge Against Overthrowing Government​

Elise Stefanik, the pro-Trump No. 4 House Republican, won't commit to certifying the 2024 election and wants to 'see if this is a legal and valid election'​

We're all absolutely fucked when the norms of governance are disregarded. I warned family what would happen back in 2016. The potential collapse of this country.

SinfulRoad,
  • Sad
Reactions: cybrguy

florduh

I guess it was never really about "tHE cHiLdrEn" :shrug:

Florida is on the precipice of its latest prohibition against the LGBTQ community, this time proposing legislation that would end all legal recognition of trans persons living in the state. The bill would also effectively cease the issuance of driver’s licenses to trans people—unless they comply with signing a “biological sex affidavit” that confirms their sex assigned at birth.

A Florida Republican lawmaker has introduced a bill that would make it defamation to accuse someone of racism, sexism, homophobia, or transphobia, a measure that would deal a devastating blow to the freedom of speech in the Sunshine State.

My guess is sliming every single gay or trans person as a "groomer" will still be perfectly legal in The Free State. But call a racist a racist? That's a $35,000 fine.

CANtalk

Exclusive: Roger Stone Spoke With Cop Pal About Assassinating Eric Swalwell and Jerry Nadler​

And reportedly, there's tape.

CANtalk,

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
End of an era. I can still taste it like it was yesterday, except it’s been at least 25 years…

florduh

I had Fake News CNN on for 30 minutes, and not once did I hear WHY the Houthis are conducting a blockade in the Red Sea. Specifically why now, and not say....over the summer. Well they have a specific ask: a ceasefire in Gaza.

The vast majority of American voters agree with the Houthis.

70% of Democrats want a ceasefire in Gaza. Half of all Republican voters agree. And instead of doing what these voters want, the guy who's supposed to "save democracy" starts another war. Amazing stuff.

America continuously bombed the shit out of Yemen throughout the O'Bungler Administration. The Game Show Host offered full support for Saudi Arabia's scorched earth bombing of Yemen. And now Brandon's bombing them. Unconstitutionally, by the way.

Top Bottom