Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

florduh

trump fake news GIF

florduh

This Lurch-looking freak ran for Senate as a Berniecrat. Then he had a debilitating stroke, causing permanent damage to his brain. And now he's a conservative.

florduh

image.png

To the best of my knowledge, Liz voted to approve every weapons transfer to Bibi that came before the Senate. Including requests for weapons after the International Criminal Court issued their initial indictment.

So I guess my question is, when will Liz be turning herself in to The Hague as an accessory to genocide? I just looked it up, there are flights from Washington every day :shrug:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:

florduh

I have a buddy who is (unfortunately) an Elon bootlicker. Many such cases in the tech industry. He owns a Tesla and is adamant that Elon is heavily involved in the design and manufacturing of the vehicles. "He sleeps on the factory floor, bro".

I just sent him this:

GKsE8ykWEAAT4ZU

If I honestly believed this profoundly dumb man was heavily involved in the design and manufacture of my car, I would never get in that car again.

coolbreeze

I have a buddy who is (unfortunately) an Elon bootlicker. Many such cases in the tech industry. He owns a Tesla and is adamant that Elon is heavily involved in the design and manufacturing of the vehicles. "He sleeps on the factory floor, bro".

I just sent him this:

GKsE8ykWEAAT4ZU

If I honestly believed this profoundly dumb man was heavily involved in the design and manufacture of my car, I would never get in that car again.
I think this is more him asserting his 'reality.' It's a power move trump attempts constantly. Say the obvious lie to your face and insist on it, refuse to acknowledge the actual truth which you are asserting. It looks dumb, and it often causes more grief, but that's the game. He's telling the lawyer (and the court), I don't recognize your authority over me and I refuse to acknowledge this other person at all, I'm just here playing the game and keeping you from my money. Kids do this too.

florduh

These dumb hogs just resurrected an abortion law from 1864.

My theory that Republicans are throwing the Presidential election is lookin real strong right now.

image.png

It looks like somebody woke Joe up and reminded him he's in an election campaign again. Probably the most effective political ad I've ever seen:

Run ads like this in every swing State suburb from now until November and that should be a wrap :shrug:

olysh pops

Climate inaction: Switzerland condemned by the European Court of Human Rights, a first for a State

The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) issued a landmark ruling on Tuesday, condemning Switzerland for the first time for its lack of action on climate change, a decision that will apply to all 46 member states of the Council of Europe.

These women, members of the swiss association Seniors for the climate, have been battling since 2016 to prove that heatwaves exacerbate their health problems and that Swiss climate policy is insufficient to contain global warming to 1.5°C, as set out in the Paris Agreement.

A "new, clearly defined right

"What is fundamental is that the ECHR extends human rights to the issue of climate," explains Arnaud Gossement, a lawyer specializing in environmental law. A "new right is clearly defined": that of individuals to be protected by States against the harmful effects of climate change, the threat of which is now recognized by the ECHR

"The scientific reality of climate risk is recognized"

"The ruling recognizes in several places, in a very solemn manner, the scientific reality of climate risk, by mentioning the IPCC reports and the high quality of this work. It was very important for a court of law to acknowledge what the scientific experts had already done, and this is the first time, to my knowledge, that an international court has done so", notes Laurence Burgorgue-Larsen of the Swiss association Seniors for the climate.

The President of the European Court of Human Rights, Strasbourg, April 9, 2024.

Beyond Europe, this judgment could also influence three international jurisdictions - the International Court of Justice, the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea and the Inter-American Court of Human Rights - which are due to rule shortly on the obligations of states in relation to climate.

source

Last edited:

florduh

The newest Right Wing hysteria: squatting.

Landlords love charging absurdly high rents. But that increases the vacancy time between leases. Which increases the risk of squatting and property damage. That's the risk YOU as an investor took, gambling on a higher ROI. Oh no...that risk isn't paying off because you have a squatter? I do not care. Not my fuckin problem :shrug:.

If you want a no-risk investment, get a savings account with a good yield. I'm really tired of rich fucks crying to the gubernment because their risky investments don't pay off.

Also, to that Lurch-looking freak John Fettidman: yes, "squatters rights" are imaginary. All rights are imaginary, dummy. We literally made all of them up. Landlord rights are also imaginary.

florduh

:peace: :leaf:

Listen, liberals. His lawyer has a sick gaming laptop so she was probably too busing pwning noobs in CSGO to doublecheck an email :shrug:

97912a72d9757dbe23305c5f9305d4cc

I've noticed a trend where every few months capitalism defenders come up with a new term for "not wanting to do extra work for free".

People who love blowing Milton Friedman when you tell them "no free lunch" also applies to your workers:

dem success GIF

coolbreeze

I've noticed a trend where every few months capitalism defenders come up with a new term for "not wanting to do extra work for free".

People who love blowing Milton Friedman when you tell them "no free lunch" also applies to your workers:

dem success GIF

Productivity–Pay Tracker​

Change 1979–2022:

Productivity​

+64.7%

Hourly pay​

+14.8%

Productivity has grown 4.4x as much as pay

Where's your money? Reagan knows....
fifthy-rich.jpg

Last edited:

florduh

Where's your money? Reagan knows....
fifthy-rich.jpg

Ted Kennedy tried primarying Carter in 1980. He was running on a platform of reestablishing the New Deal, supporting labor, and Medicare for All. People forget... Carter wasn't some Left Winger. He was a neoliberal. Austerity and deregulation. He had more in common with Regan than LBJ.

Unfortunately Teddy killed that girl and here we are. Society today if the Kennedys were better at drunk driving:

oec9oanz24m21.jpg

coolbreeze

Ted Kennedy tried primarying Carter in 1980. He was running on a platform of reestablishing the New Deal, supporting labor, and Medicare for All. People forget... Carter wasn't some Left Winger. He was a neoliberal. Austerity and deregulation. He had more in common with Regan than LBJ.

Unfortunately Teddy killed that girl and here we are. Society today if the Kennedys were better at drunk driving:

oec9oanz24m21.jpg
Future Kennedy successfully swerves--over water!--to save dog & walker (and presumably passengers)....I rest your case!

florduh

Rhonda is very mad that he'll never be President because the whole country found out he's a creepy little weirdo.

Stop It Oh My God GIF

Keep in mind, he hates Florida and Floridians. Literally said "while I was born and raised in Florida, I identify as a Midwesterner". His revenge on the Free State will be terrible.

I also like that Right Wingers will say "we don't want far away politicians and bureaucrats telling people what to do. Local governance is best". Until local governments say Small Business Tyrants have to pay their employees enough to live within a reasonable distance of their workplace. Or they have to give their workers in a State that's hotter than Hell water breaks.

Top Bottom