1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Insta Heat (aka iHeat)

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by Alan, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Alan

Alan Master JedHI Manufacturer

Here is another Insta Heat unit I made recently. It is made from a banksia pod which required me to use a glass insert held in place with a silicone sleeve. The bottom cap and roasting tube are made from blood wood.

[​IMG]

Finally decided to try for myself an idea that I gave to @Bravesst for the Lil' Bud about lining the coil cavity with ss foil. It works quite well. More of the watts are going to heat the air rather than heat the wood body. I will be making all new Insta Heats with a ss foil liner in the coil cavity. It is a great advancement in the design.

Logic, 6079Smith, graydeh1 and 19 others like this.
  2. Hackerman

Hackerman User

Great looking vape. Just beautiful.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    Whisper, Alan and Mr. Gweilo 420 like this.
  3. graydeh1

graydeh1 Double deckin'

Hi @Alan can you put me on the list.

4. Alan

Alan Master JedHI Manufacturer

Vapeur Rogue likes this.
  5. 204Markie

204Markie Well-Known Member

How does this differ from the splinter?

6. hoyo77

hoyo77 Well-Known Member

i would say quicker heat up times, smaller foot print and different heater technology as well. i could be wrong but that is what i would say the main differences are. I have them both. i use the iheat more than i use the splinter.

Cheesequake, jpdnkstr and Dubmonkey like this.
  7. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

No glass in iHeat, it has steel foil between wood and steel mesh heater (which is also different, here in a coil shape without any insulators) so it is a bit narrower yet a bit taller than my SplinterV2 (which also is produced in China, but there are US made Splinter versions too, like my SplinterZ)

I actually use my Splinters much more than my iHeat, they both are instant on demand pure convection using a glass or wood stem, the iHeat may be a little more instant without insulators in the heater, but honestly it feels pretty negligable...

Both work great with TC profiles on my DNA mod and with wattage on my others, while the Splinter seems to extract a bit more evenly for me, though that is largely depending on draw-- iHeat has a more open airflow with 3 large intake holes, while Splinters have 2 smaller intake holes (there are also 4 hole high flow versions available) which help regulate your draw a little better, possibly adding to the consistency in extraction... The draw is still not restricted in either vape, wide open for full convection to sip or rip

8. Frosti

Frosti New Member

This looks incredible, both in form and functionality. I have browsed FC for a while, but I created a profile just to comment here. Email also sent to Alan to be added to the list.

Logic, Whisper, arb and 1 other person like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors