Discontinued Inhalater XP

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Nice. Sound enabled! :-)

Here are other prospective ideas we will try to fit in
8G USB storage device
Battery charge indicator
Communication with cloud service for operational data visualisation, communication and optional services

8G USB storage device
Battery charge indicator
Communication with cloud service for operational data visualisation, communication and optional services

First of all I'm going to apologize for my previous post. Got my replacement two days after posting on this forum. Still would like a reply that it has been shipped though. Also got my replacement cap (totally thought they forgot.)

Mine is black with scratches on the USB port. Nice to throw in a new capsule too. Seems to rip as much, if not better than my previous XP (Q1). I'd like to know what temperature they are pre-set too though.

As for all those technical features.. Flash storage might be useful to some.. Pretty sure no one would like to carry a vape around as their main storage device though. Cloud services sound a bit.. over to me. Not sure how helpful tracking information on how often I get stoned will be helpful to me.

Battery charge indicator and something to replace the temperature dial sticker are the top things I'd like to see.

Highnstein,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Yes it would have been better to send confirmations and all...

Max temp is 250Celsius min temp 125C

We love technology. If is does not cost more it's cool to have it. Statistics of personal information is dubious I concede. I try to keep hold of my personal information in my electronics so I understand. Aggragated information is instrumental in making better technology so RD likes to propose this stuff.

What do you mean by replacing temperature dial sticker?

Yes it would have been better to send confirmations and all...

Max temp is 250Celsius min temp 125C

We love technology. If is does not cost more it's cool to have it. Statistics of personal information is dubious I concede. I try to keep hold of my personal information in my electronics so I understand. Aggragated information is instrumental in making better technology so RD likes to propose this stuff.

What do you mean by replacing temperature dial sticker?

My dial sticker was sent back with a bunch of scratches. I like using the XP with no stickers and the only reason my sticker is on there is because I'd have no idea what setting I'm on without it. A set of 8 lines on the dial would do it for me even if they are not numbered. Focusing on design first instead of functionality is what I would do. (A lot of people chose the PAX after talking to me about the inhalater simply because of the design...)

Just my two cents. Keep up the good work!

Highnstein,

hiphiphooray

@Highnstein, check this post from Inhalater earlier:
Here is temperature breakdown for Q3

1 125
2 139
3 153
4 167
5 181
6 194
7 208
8 222
9 236
10 250

10 being between 9 and auto mode on Q3 released up to now.

I agree, all of those ideas seem way over the top for me. All that would really improve this vape is a digital display of temp and battery life. Anything over that, like wireless technology and sounds, etc, will all just waste precious battery life to me. And even digital displays are a waste of battery life imo, since most are very bad at reading the exact temp (since as soon as your draw the temperature change).

I vote keep the XP the exact way it is. Design is great! Can't wait to get mine. I'm hoping that the purchased xps for new users will be ready to ship by monday.

jdk123

8G USB storage device
Battery charge indicator

ppl here can't get a joke :lol::doh::lol:

jdk123,

hiphiphooray

hiphiphooray,

chimpybits

@Highnstein, check this post from Inhalater earlier:

I agree, all of those ideas seem way over the top for me. All that would really improve this vape is a digital display of temp and battery life. Anything over that, like wireless technology and sounds, etc, will all just waste precious battery life to me. And even digital displays are a waste of battery life imo, since most are very bad at reading the exact temp (since as soon as your draw the temperature change).

I vote keep the XP the exact way it is. Design is great! Can't wait to get mine. I'm hoping that the purchased xps for new users will be ready to ship by monday.
Yep agree on every point. The design IS great! The only thing I might add would be simple LED giving some basic battery level indication. p.s. I've been following this and the INH004 largely due to the design which I still very much like. This is the portable flower vape I want to get.

chimpybits,

Sonics420

Here is temperature breakdown for Q3

1 125
2 139
3 153
4 167
5 181
6 194
7 208
8 222
9 236
10 250

10 being between 9 and auto mode on Q3 released up to now.

Hello @Inhalater, I just got a Q3 release from you guys. The temperature dial only goes to 8 and then Auto. What is the breakdown for that?

I've noticed on this XP I get very wispy vapor at 1-6 on the dial. I have to go to 8-9 to get clouds/lung busting hits. Before I would get decent vapor at 2-6 with no problems.

Other than that everything is running very well, I just turn the dial to right before auto and get the clouds/temp I seek.

Sonics420,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Hello Sonics. Happy to know things are like you want.

Breakdown is 125-250 Celsius. Temperature variation is linear on the dial.

Recommended vaporisation temperature for medicinal herbs is 4-7 :-)

Maxing out will wear down unit and capsules faster, vaporisation benefits are reduced or eliminated and in my opinion taste is less then optimal.

I beleive that proper temperature does not produce ANY throat irritation much less cough.

Many users max out as reflex. Did you try the auto mode?

Inhalater,

Sonics420

Hello Sonics. Happy to know things are like you want.

Breakdown is 125-250 Celsius. Temperature variation is linear on the dial.

Recommended vaporisation temperature for medicinal herbs is 4-7 :-)

Maxing out will wear down unit and capsules faster, vaporisation benefits are reduced or eliminated and in my opinion taste is less then optimal.

I beleive that proper temperature does not produce ANY throat irritation much less cough.

Many users max out as reflex. Did you try the auto mode?
I find 6.5-7 to give me a good amount of vapor and still taste fine/no cough. I just like getting the thick clouds and getting my material as dark as possible thus why I use it at a higher temp.. I will try to cut down on that though if it means the XP will last longer.

I have not tried the auto mode yet..

Sonics420,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Auto mode is an approximate to help getting the feel for temperature. Clouds should not be the reference.

I have concern regarding super high temperataures because of dry distillation. Regular cigarette tobacco, indeed taste quite toxic at high temperatures.

Would be great if we could get more information regarding by-products of Cannabis plant material when superheated.

Please use Inhalater as prescribed by your health care professional.

Inhalater,

hiphiphooray

@Inhalater, nice job with the quick replies today! Always love seeing an active manufacturer. I'm hoping this means that production is running smooth today and units will be shipped soon :):):)

edit: Does this mean that all Q3 units are going to be 1-8 instead of 1-10 like stated before?

Last edited:
hiphiphooray,

MusicalStuder

Hi @Inhalater,

Never wrote before, but following this threat until april 2012. I’m using the forum now in the hope that I will get some news from you and the shipment of the replacement unit I’m expecting. I read you don't respond e-mail anymore.

The last time you emailed me was approximately 3 weeks ago informing that in 2 days you will have a shipment date but then, no news.

At this point I’m disappointed, cause I no have any other vapo in the meantime, and would greatly appreciate some news from your side as from the moment I bought it past may, I’ve been able to use it 2 weeks total time.

MusicalStuder,
Reactions: Old School

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Hello MusicalStuder.

You may expect to have your unit returned to you this week or early next week at the latest

Inhalater,

Old School

Vape13man
Hello @Inhalater, I just got a Q3 release from you guys. The temperature dial only goes to 8 and then Auto. What is the breakdown for that?

I've noticed on this XP I get very wispy vapor at 1-6 on the dial. I have to go to 8-9 to get clouds/lung busting hits. Before I would get decent vapor at 2-6 with no problems.

Other than that everything is running very well, I just turn the dial to right before auto and get the clouds/temp I seek.
Oh boy here we go......I have been very concerned about this very thing......I received a replacement for my failed Q2 USB port and it too was as you have just described.....a wispy wimpy performer that I had to run up to 6 before I would even begin to see signs of vapor.......It was explained that the max temp setting had been lowered from the Q2........I fell in love with my Q2 almost instantly and felt it was absolutely perfect......I've also been told that the hardware is exactly the same but there is some software involved and they may have relocated the temp sensor.........
I've been so worried that when my Q3 replacement arrives it will perform as Sonics has described...effectively the lower numbers might as well not even be there...I'll be in the upper 6,7,8 and think about this too now.....I will always be telling my friends about my awesome Q2 XP that you can't get anymore.....but damn did it knock your socks off....it was the real deal....for sure......
WHATEVER it was they did......it has changed drastically I'm afraid......the performance has taken a huge hit....I can't help but think there must have been more to it...but I got nothing.....
I personally would really just like my Q2 back in working order.....as I really loved that thing.....but I'm afraid in the theme of making things better IMO we lost something amazing in the process.....

Old School,
Reactions: Sonics420

ajlong12

Hello, new to the forums.

I ordered an Inhalater XP blue on Monday 9/9 (last week). Can I expect mine to ship sometime this week?

Really looking forward to it.

Thanks,
-Alex

ajlong12,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
@Old School: No worries I beleive you will have what you are looking for. Additionnaly Q3 also works for low temp people :-)
@ajlong12: We will shipping units this week to various distributors.

Inhalater,

HSIHP

@Inhalater

Can you tell us the distributers so we know where to look for them? (assuming there are more than otherside and PV)

HSIHP,

Sonics420

Oh boy here we go......I have been very concerned about this very thing......I received a replacement for my failed Q2 USB port and it too was as you have just described.....a wispy wimpy performer that I had to run up to 6 before I would even begin to see signs of vapor.......It was explained that the max temp setting had been lowered from the Q2........I fell in love with my Q2 almost instantly and felt it was absolutely perfect......I've also been told that the hardware is exactly the same but there is some software involved and they may have relocated the temp sensor.........
I've been so worried that when my Q3 replacement arrives it will perform as Sonics has described...effectively the lower numbers might as well not even be there...I'll be in the upper 6,7,8 and think about this too now.....I will always be telling my friends about my awesome Q2 XP that you can't get anymore.....but damn did it knock your socks off....it was the real deal....for sure......
WHATEVER it was they did......it has changed drastically I'm afraid......the performance has taken a huge hit....I can't help but think there must have been more to it...but I got nothing.....
I personally would really just like my Q2 back in working order.....as I really loved that thing.....but I'm afraid in the theme of making things better IMO we lost something amazing in the process.....

Seems like that is what this is.. I went again for 6 and got wispy vapor, before I used to get plumes.. Maybe it was a Q2 also? It was a replacement sent after my first one broke.. I will miss that one for sure.. but for now I will have to stay up in the higher range. My main point for using the inhalater was because it was just a vapor machine from 3-8.. It still is but I find 1-5 really useless, its like hitting hot herbs.. there might be some affect but nothing visually.

I will try again with some different herbs from the dispensary to see if there is any difference in my material? Ill try keef in it also and see what happens.

Top Bottom