Discontinued Inhalater XP

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Please turn off the unit before putting it on charge. This may be the cause of overnight non charging.

Keep us posted

Battery discharge while on charger is a limit case related to brown out detect flag in MCU program. Glitch is resolved on new units to be released.

Rrose Selavy

log enthusiast
Wish I could. He's 0 for 3 on returned phone calls when I had a warranty issue. Had to deal with Pharmacore directly.
im sorry to hear that. i went directly through the contact us page on his site / email. you might have better luck that way if you run into a problem in the future. hope this helps!

Rrose Selavy,

Old School

Vape13man
I had the same thing happen two nights ago. There is some kind of bad connection with the switch. Try tapping it and or twisting it a few times, mine started working again but it is going to need to be replaced eventually.

Thank you had remembered someone else had something similar on hear and tapping seemed to bring theirs back to life and I'm so relieved to learn that it worked in my case as well......HOooooooo that was a close call........ and let me just tell you that my VB2.0 reminded me of how much work it was..... I'm gonna have to buy a back up XP....and that will not be easy or stick to the original idea of having a home unit like the cloud and giving my XP a break once in a while.....

Please turn off the unit before putting it on charge. This may be the cause of overnight non charging.
No way that is too funny my girl said something very close to that and I told her that it had been dealing with that just fine......ty for the heads up it is greatly appreciated ty ty ty
Listen is there also any concern with having it plugged in while using it...I understand that it needs more current than the uSB charge can provide but my question is do we have any reason to avoid asking her to take on the 500ma USB and pull the rest from the battery?

Keep us posted

Battery discharge while on charger is a limit case related to brown out detect flag in MCU program. Glitch is resolved on new units to be released.

Ok.... just so I'm not tapping on my precious like some idiot for no good reason......it sounds as though perhaps my removing it from power woke her up.....you you have a more informed idea / opinion?

BTW....can you comment about those slightly stronger batteries they are now offering in the Cera? I'll get it..... if you really can't comment.
I wasn't thinking the XP would be stronger or anything of that nature but I was hoping they might last longer and possibly maintain the decent warm up times a bit longer as well....
I'm finding it easier for me now to notice / know when she is loosing steam.....no pun intended but maybe a little funny...ha ha

Old School,

exit

Keep us posted

i love it when the people who make it happen don't treat us like idiots :)
i have jtag or eprom programmer, could i fix it myself on an older version of the inhalater xp haha?

exit,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Absolutely no concern using the Inahalater while plugged in.

The tapping helps if ever the infamous potentiometer switch is acting up.

The XP is not reprogrammable. Interaction with the onboard computer is scheduled in the eventual release of new Inhalater technology

Bumpinp up the capacity of the battery will give more autonomy to the unit. Please keep in mind that electronics in this high tech device are somewhat fragile and dismantling the unit without necessity is not recommended. If you have any special needs relating to autonomy we are happy to assist.

-Technicals-
The program flag issue is related to the fact that the MCU is not shut down when voltage runs under requirement to reach temperature. If the charger is plugged at this moment, charging current is routed to the heater. Charging current is not enough to reach temperature and thus an equilibrium is set where unit does not charge.

Austin

I have not received my replacement unit in over two months, and have been attempting to contact the company all week regarding new components coming in, and have been unsuccessful, could you please let me know when I can expect to recieve my new unit?
Absolutely no concern using the Inahalater while plugged in.

The tapping helps if ever the infamous potentiometer switch is acting up.

The XP is not reprogrammable. Interaction with the onboard computer is scheduled in the eventual release of new Inhalater technology

Bumpinp up the capacity of the battery will give more autonomy to the unit. Please keep in mind that electronics in this high tech device are somewhat fragile and dismantling the unit without necessity is not recommended. If you have any special needs relating to autonomy we are happy to assist.

-Technicals-
The program flag issue is related to the fact that the MCU is not shut down when voltage runs under requirement to reach temperature. If the charger is plugged at this moment, charging current is routed to the heater. Charging current is not enough to reach temperature and thus an equilibrium is set where unit does not charge.

visionaries

Hey there, I just purchased the XP a little over two weeks ago, and here is the most recent message I have received:

The manufacturer has contacted me saying they have not received the electronic components yet, but has confirmed that the shipment is on its way. They are planning on starting production this week and have units ready the following week (week of May 26).

I purchased from Kush Paradise on Ebay, and they have been great with customer service so far, keeping me up to date on any changes in the planned shipment date, etc.
Also they are authorized seller and it is convenient to use Paypal, so Ill be going through them for anything else i need for the Inhalater xp (I am using visa gift cards to purchase stuff online, and it wouldn't let me buy anything out of the U.S. so I was lucky to find these guys on ebay)

They also have the inhalater capsules in stock. I didn't check to see if Kush Paradise carries the GonG adapter for the inhalater but I will probably want to buy one once I receive the inhalater. Can't wait!

visionaries,
Can somebody please tell me:

I have a Pax that I have been very happy with. One thing I dislike about it is 1) some of the cleaning is kind of difficult and I feel like you need to clean it often and thus 2) seems smellier to travel with mostly due to 3) conduction technology, i feel like it cooks in the oven even when you're not pulling .

So the Inhalater XP seemed like a good option instead of the Pax.

Could somebody tell me if it is easier to clean than the Pax? I know people complain about cleaning the little plastic inserts but I much rather that get dirty than to be stuck with a dirty vape when i travel, etc.

Thoughts?

el_floripondio,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
We recommend cleaning the Inhalater heating chamber every 100 charges. This may vary depending of substrates. Using the Inhalater cleaning kit, this operation is 10 min at the most.

-Comments welcome-

We are reflecting about including with Inhalater simplified instructions and refering to website for details
This would help in reducing retail price while being more ecologic.

How would you feel if instead of booklet, a single sheet of paper was included in boxset?

thanks for your prompt reply.

comment 1: I think you should think of a very small piece of paper that may or may not include instructions but that invites people to view the manual/instructions online with a small reminder about environmental costs. Great idea.

comment 2: if it is true that it is cleaning once every 100 charges then that is a pretty insane performance upgrade from the Pax. Does anybody else care to comment? I'm not taking the manufacturer as commenting in bad faith but it would be great to hear from somebody else.

tanks all

el_floripondio,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Old School

Vape13man
We recommend cleaning the Inhalater heating chamber every 100 charges. This may vary depending of substrates. Using the Inhalater cleaning kit, this operation is 10 min at the most.
Excellent some additional information about the cleaning kit you've mentioned.... I knew I was getting a little extra taste in mine {explain my GF got her at the same time however it sees about a forth of the action mine does and I was noticing over the weekend how mine had an ever so slight hint of cookedness} I wish to learn more about how, where, and what is being cleaned.... I would likely by the kit or even better and more immediate I would look at coming up with home alternatives.
-Comments welcome-

We are reflecting about including with Inhalater simplified instructions and refering to website for details

How would you feel if instead of booklet, a single sheet of paper was included in boxset?
a single sheet is more than exceptable and a very common practice now a days....and the sooner the better on getting it up an a website somewhere..... in fact if it is out there now accessible to the public I would just love a copy of said link?

Can somebody please tell me:

I have a Pax that I have been very happy with. One thing I dislike about it is 1) some of the cleaning is kind of difficult and I feel like you need to clean it often and thus 2) seems smellier to travel with mostly due to 3) conduction technology, i feel like it cooks in the oven even when you're not pulling .

So the Inhalater XP seemed like a good option instead of the Pax.
I have a couple of friends with the Pax you will spank their asses when you show up with an XP... one of mine gets a bit pissy about the subject....too funny..... you will not be disappointed....beleedat
Could somebody tell me if it is easier to clean than the Pax? I know people complain about cleaning the little plastic inserts but I much rather that get dirty than to be stuck with a dirty vape when i travel, etc.

Thoughts?
I can tell you that I have only thus far had to clean the capsules which are easy although I do have one that has gotten some residue on it that just doesn't seem to want to come off with ISO, I at first thought it might be why I was noticing a slight cooked taste even with a fresh load but I later realized it was also present with my spotless cap.
The cap with this residue was my 1st cap and I do believe I should have cleaned it sooner than I did that 1st time and it would look as good as the 2nd cap does..... cleaning them is a breeze......

I wanna thank you for your question because I have now learned that there is another area that can and should be cleaned and if it is down under that screen inside where I envision the air for convection is being heated....then that could very well be where my slight hint of cookedness is coming from?

IMO the PAX is way sexy and we all know sexy sells....my XP aside form resembling a sex toy is not overly sexy {I really enjoyed the post where the guy was complaining that the motion sensor in his XP must suck because he was for sure using it when it would still shutoff} too funny.....
Its not hard to see were the RND monies went in case of the PAX and for those of us how have already had the pleasure of using the XP understand very quickly where their RND dollars went.....
PERFORMANCE......of vapor extraction

Old School,
Reactions: Dreamerr
Is there a way to purchase the smell proof cap by itself? Seemed to have lost it and it sure helped cover the smell of a used capsule well.

Highnstein,
IMO the PAX is way sexy and we all know sexy sells....my XP aside form resembling a sex toy is not overly sexy {I really enjoyed the post where the guy was complaining that the motion sensor in his XP must suck because he was for sure using it when it would still shutoff} too funny.....
Its not hard to see were the RND monies went in case of the PAX and for those of us how have already had the pleasure of using the XP understand very quickly where their RND dollars went.....
PERFORMANCE......of vapor extraction

haha thats awesomely funny but at the same time a really good point to consider, thanks!

el_floripondio,

Old School

Vape13man
XP is our acronym for eXtra Performance. The reason for the added mark is the fact that, in our opinion, the XP performs significantly better due to core system upgrade. Bug fixes and warranty issues are implicit in our 100% customer satisfaction warranty and would not receive a special mention for their resolution.

As a corporation, we strive to build the reputation for having the best technology along with impecable service and customer support. We expect to constantly work evolving our products to rightly deserve this. In fact the XP will keep evolving and become more compact in time. We expect this product to be fully matured around 2014 and while still being available and more affordable, it will be replaced as the most advanced technology by the INH005

As users and customers, be assured that you are purchasing the best technology available from us at anytime. No matter what model or version you buy, you will find fantastic power, portability, ease of use and vapor quality.

I was backtrack reading looking for anything pertaining to cleaning the inside of my XP and I found this post from Halloween 2012.... I very much like these words....

exit

-Technicals-

So if I am about to preorder a Inhalater from PV should I expect this issue, and what is the best way to deal with it in case it stops charging?

In other news is there anywhere in NYC that I can get an 004 Retail?

exit,

Sonics420

-Comments welcome-

Yes cause I haven't looked at my booklet since I got the XP.. a sheet of paper would be OK, but to make it still seem nice maybe it should go on a shiny piece of paper (type your booklets are made of) instead of printer paper.

comment 2: if it is true that it is cleaning once every 100 charges then that is a pretty insane performance upgrade from the Pax. Does anybody else care to comment? I'm not taking the manufacturer as commenting in bad faith but it would be great to hear from somebody else.

tanks all
Its true, if you didnt care for flavor you probably dont need to clean at all. Pax on the other hand I was sitting there with alcohol and q tips every damn day scrubbing and cleaning... how annoying was that experience?? Annoying enough to make me sell and never look back lol.

Sonics420,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Using methyl alcool instead of isopropyl alcool gives more cleaning power.

Thorough cleaning procedure

Capsule

Push out filter screen with cotton tip by inserting through mouth piece. Soak capsule and clean inside out with cotton-tip. Replace filter screen with new if available.

Heating chamber

Operated partial cleaning by rubbing with cotton tip soaked in cleaning solution prior to rRemovin heating chamber filter screen. Large amounts of residues could hamper removal.

Puncture center of filter to create a holding point to remove filter. This should be operated with the provided tool in the cleaning kit. Clearance underneath the filter is 0.125 inch. If tool point is pressed in more than this, damage to your Inhalater may result.

Clean all gums and residues on the sides and bottom of heating chamber with cotton-tip and brush provided in kit. Do not dump cleaning solution directly into heating chamber. This would transport residues all over the air paths. (electronics are sealed from air path).

Replace bottom filter with new. If hot chamber assembly has moved down while pressing to puncture filter, tap unit lighly on a hard surface to bring assembly back down.

None of our distributors have stocked up on spare caps. Please inquire directly with us to acquire one. admin@inhalater.com

MCU glitch is resolved on units we will be shipping to PV

Rrose Selavy

log enthusiast
So if I am about to preorder a Inhalater from PV should I expect this issue, and what is the best way to deal with it in case it stops charging?

In other news is there anywhere in NYC that I can get an 004 Retail?
was just at village sensation in nanuet ny they had one 004. that was a few days ago they probably still have it.

Rrose Selavy,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
was just at village sensation in nanuet ny they had one 004. that was a few days ago they probably still have it.

really?? i live about 40 min north of that store (have one of their bottle opener lighters sitting on my desk). how much were they asking?? PM me if you don't want to derail this thread any more

mmenzie,

gosaints420

Got a new problem last night. After a good days use I plug my XP in to charge and no light if I pull back on the plug a little the light will come on but won't stay on for more than a few seconds.:ugh: I have tried 2 different chargers so I don't think they are the problem and yes I turned it off before plugging it in. The fiddly switch problem I could deal with but no charge = no vape = :(. Hope the improved units will be released soon.

gosaints420,

Old School

Vape13man
I am experiencing the same thing you are... I 1st noticed it with the USB cable in the car the day before but it seemed to charge just fine using the cable it came with but it was just as you have described if I disturbed the cable I would notice the light dimming and going off but if I got it just right it would stay on but just as soon as I set it down... back off it would go.
Now this morning after I finished my walk I returned it the the cable charger it came with and I am now seeing the same behavior.... I too am VERY concerned as this could become fatal.....
I'm thinking about using a little WD40 after all I do live down here in humidity capital of the US but seeing that you are also experiencing it....I'm not expecting that to buy me much of anything.
Listen gs420 can I ask when you received your XP....I'm curious if we are from the same batch...? I got mine from PV mid April 2013. I thought I was apart of the batch that got the newer switches?

Old School,
Got a new problem last night. After a good days use I plug my XP in to charge and no light if I pull back on the plug a little the light will come on but won't stay on for more than a few seconds.:ugh: I have tried 2 different chargers so I don't think they are the problem and yes I turned it off before plugging it in. The fiddly switch problem I could deal with but no charge = no vape = :(. Hope the improved units will be released soon.
that's what happened to my original inhalater. I had to send it in to get the xp and now that is broken :(

VapeNStone,
Top Bottom