Inductor - Desktop Induction Heater by Camouflet

Axel_420

@Camouflet what are the dimensions of the Inductor (power supply box and flameless lighter head)? I'd like to see them written on the site as well, I think that might be helpful.

I doubt it will work but, has anyone ever tried using the Inductor to heat the titanium heating component for the Tetra by DynaBox with a brick-like device?

Axel_420,

Camouflet

Manufacturer
This is great, and thanks for the options available for the upgrades. Do you have anything new on the Inductor and the Injector head?
The Injector head can be heated with the new version of the inductor head. As the injector is Titanium it is not fully optimized but does work.
@Camouflet what are the dimensions of the Inductor (power supply box and flameless lighter head)? I'd like to see them written on the site as well, I think that might be helpful.
Bamboo Power Supply box: 265mm L x 130mm W X 60mm H ~(10.4in x 5.1in x 2.3in)

Lighter Head: 45mm L x 30mm W x 90mm H ~(1.7in x 1.2in x 3.5in)

Thank you for the suggestion, we will add that info added to the website.

I doubt it will work but, has anyone ever tried using the Inductor to heat the titanium heating component for the Tetra by DynaBox with a brick-like device?
We haven't tried it on this specific piece but it should work.

someTooL

Was not able to watch the Jerry and roy review stream, how’d that turn out?

Side note, the Anvil ThermoCore at 26.5 - 27 is a treat. 1st heat ~ 12 seconds, reheats/new load ~ 9 seconds, heating directly on the new core no turning. One and done.

Also excited about the Injector launch to pair up. Wasn’t onboard at first, but the more I thought about the unregulated approach the more I wanted one.

Mndeadhead

For the most part, they seemed impressed. They had the thing on the entire time and it was getting pretty hot for them, so lots of comments about that in the chat too. Some folks were turned off by that and the rigidity of the cord. They made a point to talk about a new cord, but the hot button was a bit of an issue

coolbreeze

I hope someone can help me figure this out, but I have not been able to heat the Thermocore with the Inductor and not have it combust. Every time, part way into the hit, poof! my world goes yellow. When I heat it with a torch, I never combust, it works just fine and i regularly get a nice full roast. It happens whether I use a stem or a water pipe (it's on the USA, I've never used it on the Anvil stem). I've tried a range of voltages, doesn't matter. I have had great results with the OG anvil, no combustion, at 27v. The Inductor is a faster, more aggressive heating, but how would that matter, if it does?

someTooL

@coolbreeze well that’s disappointing and far from my results.

I’m using the Vestratto 18mm WPA. Was not really a fan of the USA adapter.

Really gotta let off a soon as the click happens. Anything, and I mean anything past, will get me a very dark roast.

When I was using the OG oven, I would need to hold past the click to get torch like results. Like a one second past, nothing else lol.

I’ve noticed using the inductor and thermocore that the 2nd click is super strong now. Really retaining and building heat quickly.

coolbreeze

@coolbreeze well that’s disappointing and far from my results.

I’m using the Vestratto 18mm WPA. Was not really a fan of the USA adapter.

Really gotta let off a soon as the click happens. Anything, and I mean anything past, will get me a very dark roast.

When I was using the OG oven, I would need to hold past the click to get torch like results. Like a one second past, nothing else lol.

I’ve noticed using the inductor and thermocore that the 2nd click is super strong now. Really retaining and building heat quickly.
And you're heating up near the top of the midsection? I'll have to work on this some more.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: someTooL

Orvaxxx

Was not able to watch the Jerry and roy review stream, how’d that turn out?

Side note, the Anvil ThermoCore at 26.5 - 27 is a treat. 1st heat ~ 12 seconds, reheats/new load ~ 9 seconds, heating directly on the new core no turning. One and done.

Also excited about the Injector launch to pair up. Wasn’t onboard at first, but the more I thought about the unregulated approach the more I wanted one.
Do you know how the injector works with the Inductor, haven’t seen it.

Orvaxxx,

Camouflet

Manufacturer
I hope someone can help me figure this out, but I have not been able to heat the Thermocore with the Inductor and not have it combust. Every time, part way into the hit, poof! my world goes yellow. When I heat it with a torch, I never combust, it works just fine and i regularly get a nice full roast. It happens whether I use a stem or a water pipe (it's on the USA, I've never used it on the Anvil stem). I've tried a range of voltages, doesn't matter. I have had great results with the OG anvil, no combustion, at 27v. The Inductor is a faster, more aggressive heating, but how would that matter, if it does?r.
The Inductor behaves like a very powerful flame-less torch. The F-core is precise with it's ability to target and heat a specific location on a device, similar to a torch. The placement of the F-core will vary between devices for optimal performance. We suggest moving the F-core closer toward the clicker/cap end of the device. This should make the device click sooner and avoid overheating the chamber.

Do you know how the injector works with the Inductor, haven’t seen it.
We will make a video to demonstrate the Inductor and Injector pairing once the new Injector shipment arrives.

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Here are the renders for the new Inductor Lighter Head. Improved ergonomics with reversible handheld positioning option. Allowing you to use your thumb or index finger to press the button.

Camouflet_Inductor_Head_4.jpg

Camouflet_Inductor_Head_3.jpg

Camouflet_Inductor_Lighter_Head_1.jpg

Camouflet_Inductor_Lighter_Head_2.jpg

Camouflet_Inductor_Lighter_Head_3.jpg

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
My new lighter head and cable got here yesterday. Love the new cable,so thin and very flexible. The new lighter head is nice. No more hot button and the new location of the button is handy. I am using my index finger more and like the option. The main issues of the beta have been addressed and done so very well.The Inductor is a very good and different IH. I don’t know of any other IH that you can use to heat a Lotus! Great job on the upgrades @Camouflet .

coolbreeze

My new lighter head and cable got here yesterday. Love the new cable,so thin and very flexible. The new lighter head is nice. No more hot button and the new location of the button is handy. I am using my index finger more and like the option. The main issues of the beta have been addressed and done so very well.The Inductor is a very good and different IH. I don’t know of any other IH that you can use to heat a Lotus! Great job on the upgrades @Camouflet .
Agree completely. It's a really nice upgrade.

someTooL

Received the new cable and lighter head (and injector, but that’s another thread lol). Super nice upgrade for the cable and agree that the button placement is improved. Seems to be more powerful also…a couple of combustions this weekend that I haven’t experienced for a long time.

My new lighter head gets very warm on the plug side after only a couple of quick sessions. Anyone else noticing the body getting hot?

Top Bottom