Inductor - Desktop Induction Heater by Camouflet

Texus

Requesting any and all Lotus advice! I've tried it but was quickly scared off by wood smell/taste: it seemed like it was heating too much area, extending out to where it contacts the wood. How do I use the Inductor without risking my Lotus? Thanks!
Odd. I'm not home at the moment, but using the Inductor just like a lighter or torch over the heating plate works fine for me with no wood smell or taste. Haven't tried just keeping it dead center so don't know if that hot spots it leads to the center combusting

magtoons

Odd. I'm not home at the moment, but using the Inductor just like a lighter or torch over the heating plate works fine for me with no wood smell or taste. Haven't tried just keeping it dead center so don't know if that hot spots it leads to the center combusting
On the new Lotus caps, I noticed that there's a double plate on the bottom with holes and then another plate on top. Is this consistent with the old caps or is there just one plate? When I tried with just one plate, I also get the wood taste but with both it works great with the heater.

magtoons,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Texus

On the new Lotus caps, I noticed that there's a double plate on the bottom with holes and then another plate on top. Is this consistent with the old caps or is there just one plate? When I tried with just one plate, I also get the wood taste but with both it works great with the heater.
Can't help you there. Housesitting and hundreds of miles from my Lotus (tho loving the decision to bring my Thermal Accumulator since it is Wand compatible, FWIW)

someTooL

Well thanks to everyone’s advice, no learning curve needed.

Received my beta today and instantly impressed with the delivery to the Anvil.

Really nice at home station for sure. Pulling out all the previously mentioned toys to play with tonight.

someTooL

A week later and the inductor seems to have replaced my torch.

Dynavap (which had been put in a drawer) and Anvil respond quickly and deliver if not identical or above results. I have been achieving rtl on my Anvil WPA with no fear of combustion (well, at least for a week now lol). Really messed up by not adding a Convector to my cart when getting the inductor.

I’m really digging the overall size. Not sure about the tray, I’ll figure something out there.

Working on running and mounting the cable under my desk with a loop system. Cord seems long enough for my setup and would cleanup the desk area. Would be nice to have a “lighter” holder/clip mount.

Texus

Yeah. I am thinking through possibilities for a holster/holder kind of add on. Look forward to other DIY approaches to these. I am really loving the container and vape station vibe. Psyched to see other options for the slide-in tray that may come out as well.

Helluva device. Has rejuvenated my Lotus use in particular, since this is really the first induction device that I know of that can work with it.

Orvaxxx

Yeah. I am thinking through possibilities for a holster/holder kind of add on. Look forward to other DIY approaches to these. I am really loving the container and vape station vibe. Psyched to see other options for the slide-in tray that may come out as well.

Helluva device. Has rejuvenated my Lotus use in particular, since this is really the first induction device that I know of that can work with it.
What number you use for the Lotus, mine has a different color after use with the Inductor.

someTooL

Yeah, forgot about the lotus. I’ve been at 22 using the lotus. Like Texus, using it more than when was torch only. I keep the lighter directly in the middle with no movement. Quick 2-3 second pulses (just a couple times) brings the lotus to life for me. Gotta be pretty straight or the side of the lighter head will touch and melt to your lotus….trust me :uhoh:

Camouflet

Manufacturer
I wonder if you could scale up the Convector heater to injector size? Maybe 14mm? It would make a great wireless injector with the Inductor to heat it, and the fast cooldown would set it apart and make it great for quick rips. 🤔:science:
Well, after a couple days of playing, I am ready for both a fast heating/cooling injector head and possibly even a 10mm one. This works way better than it should for quick tasty snaps. A purpose-built one would be amazing.

Ah yes, the device you're seeking is the Convector XL!

Convector XL thread - https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/camouflet-convector-xl.54612/

The Camouflet Injector*:
IMG-5369.jpg
IMG-5381.jpg
IMG-5376.jpg
IMG-5377.jpg

*Some assembly required.

Wait a minute, that's not the Camouflet Injector!? This is the Camouflet Injector. ;)

Camouflet Injector thread - https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/camouflet-injector.54610/

Also, for concentrate lovers, check out the all quartz Camouflet Banger.

Camouflet Banger thread - https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/camouflet-banger.54611/

Last edited:

Cannabiker

When I ordered the Inductor, I didn't really have a functional vision for its use. I only use IHs for portables; at home I prefer torch or coil powered devices with more glass. So a desktop IH didn't have a place in my rotation.

Still, I just had to experience an IH that could power an Anvil. I received the Inductor about the same time as I acquired a small collection of RWW glass, so the Inductor gathered dust while I enjoyed a lengthy quartz honeymoon. I fired it up long enough to be impressed, but then I put it away. If anyone can come up with an IH reactive sleeve to fit over a quartz cap, I'm in.

Anyway, trim season hit, and I needed a less-fragile piece to set next to my trim station. So I grabbed my Tabletop Vase (Bong) and Anvil, and I dusted off the Inductor. It didn't take long before I ordered a WPA for my Anvil, and the trim is done, but the Inductor/Anvil combo is still passing the reach test. I had pigeon-holed the Anvil into portable status, and I'd forgotten how hard it hits through a larger water piece. The Inductor has made it more attractive to use at home, as I much prefer electricity to fire (at least on an intellectual level--my lizard brain really likes fire).

May main impression of the Inductor is, well, I'm impressed. It's startling to hold that much power. I love the control of a single contact point; it's like using a flame. There's not that much more to say about it; it's not a nuanced experience--it's just all the heat you want, where you want it.

Sure, I wish it could be much smaller, even portable, but I doubt batteries can produce this kind of output. Everything about it is big; the base is huge; the cable is fat and heavy; and the head is like a medium potato. This makes it a little cumbersome, especially the thick cable and chunky head. The head could also be a little more ergonomic, especially the switch placement. I tend to potato-fist the unit, so the switch would work better on the side for me. The device also puts off more light than I'd like, especially the bright white switch light that's always on (I often use it in the dark watching the tube).

I also think I may have found the source of the hot switch some have reported. I got out my 316 stainless steel founder's edition Anvil, hoping to use its oven for the WPA. I had been using the oven from my user's edition, with uses 416ss. Apparently 316 doesn't respond as well to an IH, because it wasn't working effectively. So I turned the Inductor up from 22 volts (I like a slow roast) to 27. At that point, the switch started heating dramatically when it was engaged. I used to be a line cook, and I still love time in the kitchen, so I have kitchen fingers--I tolerate heat like I tolerate THC. This was getting dangerously, something's-going-to-ignite hot.

So, do IHs develop some kind of feedback from resistant metals? I went back to the user's edition, with its 416ss, and I heated it at 27 volts with no excess heat. For now I'll just use the user's oven, and I'll probably order another--it's a bummer the founder's edition oven won't get to find new life.

I also damaged the head slightly, putting a small chip in the F-Core (the contact node). I don't know how it happened; it hasn't had any serious impacts. I'd be careful of that--it may be more brittle than it appears. It still works fine.

The bottom line is that I'm glad I got in on this. I hope vape developers will design more pieces that respond to induction (like the Tempest which should arrive on my doorstep any day), and I believe having versatile, powerful IHs will drive that development.

Last edited:

someTooL

Funny you mention 27. I recently bumped from 25.5 to 27 using the anvil WPA. I too was very skeptical of replacing the torch, but now I’m so dialed in that every oven is perfectly finished.

someTooL

Nice!

I’d like to know more about 4 times the thermal headroom, now can easily heat larger devices improvement

Sass Jeeves

Black Friday sale! Finished versions of the Inductor are available (half-priced for beta testers) but even better is the beta-tester discount on the cable and head, those parts which were upgraded!
Do we know what, if anything, did actually change with the power supply and tray?

Email says, "As the Inductor retail bamboo power supply box is essentially the same as the Beta version..."

Just curious if anything of note or worth looking at the full retail kit for.

coolbreeze

Do we know what, if anything, did actually change with the power supply and tray?

Email says, "As the Inductor retail bamboo power supply box is essentially the same as the Beta version..."

I'm afraid i don't know anything more than that, but maybe @Camouflet can share more info.

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Hello everyone,

The Inductor Beta phase is now complete and we've launched pre-orders for the Inductor retail kit.

Improvements From Beta
  • 4 times the thermal headroom, now can easily heat larger devices
  • 30% increase in induction efficiency
  • 20% increase in power transfer to the target device
  • Improved button and LED thermal management
  • Lighter and more flexible power cable for easier handling

Nice!

I’d like to know more about 4 times the thermal headroom, now can easily heat larger devices improvement
The head uses improved internal geometry and a resonate-matched coil to reduce thermal losses when running. We are able to get more power out of the same-sized coil while having it stay cooler resulting in much improved thermal headroom.

Lighter Head updates:
  • Improved coil design
  • Greater head efficiency
  • Updated F-core geometry
  • 4 times the thermal headroom, now can heat larger devices without hitting the limiter
  • Insulation was added around the button
  • The button now has thermal regulation added to the lighting

The Bamboo power supply box is the same but with one additional magnet. There are some small other interior changes but power output is unchanged.

The Inductor Cable is now a foot longer and much thinner.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Hello everyone,

The Inductor Beta phase is now complete and we've launched pre-orders for the Inductor retail kit.

Improvements From Beta
  • 4 times the thermal headroom, now can easily heat larger devices
  • 30% increase in induction efficiency
  • 20% increase in power transfer to the target device
  • Improved button and LED thermal management
  • Lighter and more flexible power cable for easier handling

The head uses improved internal geometry and a resonate-matched coil to reduce thermal losses when running. We are able to get a more power out of the same-sized coil while having it stay cooler resulting in much improved thermal headroom.

Lighter Head updates:
  • Improved coil design
  • Greater head efficiency
  • Updated F-core geometry
  • 4 times the thermal headroom, now can heat larger devices without hitting the limiter
  • Insulation was added around the button
  • The button now has thermal regulation added to the lighting

The Bamboo power supply box is the same but with one additional magnet. There are some small other interior changes but power output is unchanged.

The Inductor Cable is now a foot longer and much thinner.
This is great, and thanks for the options available for the upgrades. Do you have anything new on the Inductor and the Injector head?

Top Bottom