In Search for another portable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

natural farmer

This makes no sense to me. If you have to go into a bathroom for stealth then all of the ones you named are just as stealthy as the Lotus. :shrug:

Just to comment on this… It's not about stealth when you hit the bathroom… It's the speed that you can get where you wanna be… And nothing got me there faster than the Lotus. ANyway...

rekrab

Just to comment on this… It's not about stealth when you hit the bathroom… It's the speed that you can get where you wanna be… And nothing got me there faster than the Lotus. ANyway...

thats what im talking about, speed is definitely key and i can see how the lotus would be quick. i find myself now looking/leaning more towards either the firewood or lotus. choices eh. the money is not an issue as much anymore. santa came:myday:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I also deal with pain 24/7 the fastest and most effective Battery Vape I have for pain is the Volta by vaporgenie also I found it to be more stealthy then I first thought when I got it. Since it heats before each hit the Volta can be pretty discreet while using it. Not the Tastiest vape but my goto vape for pain relief.

Just so you Know the Vapes I have on hand are:
DV, No2, PN, WISPR, Palm v1+P2, MFLB, FV, VG, Lithe, t-Vape and Vapolution 2.0 still I use the Volta when the pain is worst.

Last edited:

Trever

I am a medical patient with arthritis and am currently tendering a spaghetti knee,Torn MCL,PCL,ACL and partial LCL tear with a hyperextension to the whole knee. The pain is heavy and I need something that can deliver without to much hassle and pack a punch. With the firewood Im sure it wouldnt be hard to have a few extra capsules packed as I already do that with pre packed solo stems. how long is a session usually with the firewood @Trever ?

My initial heat up time is 1 minute then draw, 10 seconds on each draw after. From start to finish id say 3-5 minutes top if your not taking to long of breaks

rekrab

so right now i cant decide on the pinnacle or firewood. however i just came across the flashvape. I havent paid much attention to it but recently became intrigued. not sure if anyone has any experience with it. if i went for it i would then also get the fire wood for stealth

rekrab,

hoptimum

so right now i cant decide on the pinnacle or firewood. however i just came across the flashvape. I havent paid much attention to it but recently became intrigued. not sure if anyone has any experience with it. if i went for it i would then also get the fire wood for stealth

If i am not mistaken, theres talk recently of a power adapter, which might be a game changer for the FV. Check out the thread for more details.

hoptimum,

rekrab

might also consider a vapir no2. have been hearing good things about it as well. I dont necessarily need another vape similar to the solo but i like to collect haha and i could always get a vapir and firewood for the same price of a PNP

rekrab,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

The FV is my favourite, but it doesn't meet the criteria in your original post. It's not stealthy at all, and it's not a pocket portable. It is, however, powerful and fast, and with the S2 kit it is a true convection vapourizer. There is a learning curve but it's easy for anyone familiar with the MFLB. Although combustion is a real possibility, it is not hard to avoid, and if you do accidentally combust it is simple to clean and does not retain a bad taste. One of the benefits is that it is designed to be 100% repairable by the user; however, it is a simple rugged device that doesn't need repair much. It is terrific value for the price.

pakalolo,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

rekrab

@pakalolo I understand it doesnt meet the full stealth criteria I had before. But as a medical patient and vaporer Id like to stack my collection so a flashvape I see may fit nicely and also save me some extra money so I can also purchase the firewood 2.0 for the stealth aspect. its a tough choice witht these good vapes all in roughly the same price range

rekrab,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Well, if you're going that route you won't stop buying vaporizers, the medical user argument doesn't really change anything over a recreational user.
It should change if you have problems with dexterity or if you need something for pain or something that needs more THC.

Perhaps it would be wiser to concentrate in what you really need in a vaporizer and go from there. It seems you don't really have a preference anymore.
That is a problem because, as you said, there are many good options atm.

The Firewood is not that stealthy is it? I mean its a rectangular block of wood with a glass nipple on one end. Great unit overall, but although it is somewhat stealthy, it isn't stealth especially if you compare to the MFLB for example.

And, to conclude, if you're trying to choose a vape, without a real objective in your buy... how do you choose?

rekrab

Thanks for the insight @vorrange, even though I consider myself a recreational user as well. My main priority is medicinal, I am in pain throughout the day, I have been diagnosed with arthritis in my hands and back, and I also deal with affects of having a bad concussion. Sleep, headaches,nausea etc. The THC is something that i need to extract to help with my pain. so im not sure if there is a vaporizer that does that best or not.

Basically what my problem is, i find the solo to be a little finicky, i love it, however to transport and load around it just doesn't make sense to really take it out of the house that much, 12 min sessions can be a little long.

so maybe what im looking for needs to be faster. Size may not really be an issuse, just more of a benefit if it is smaller. price under $200. for stealth i am in the middle of reviving my old vaporgenie which is simliar to the lotus so i dont think i would go with it.

as for my other options i think they all are a bit like the solo however have better or different options for faster/quicker vaporization.

someting that can also hook up to water is an advantage. really my main focus is on the flashvape, no2 or PNP. I really like the firewood but, i would like someting easier to load on the go or whenever and im not spilling shit everywhere trying to put it in a tiny hole

i hope this clears up some things

rekrab,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
You find the Solo finicky but you're considering the NO2 and the PNP? How are they less finicky? They are less prone to breaking, but the Solo is much easier to load, reload, and stir.

As for stealth, i don't consider the Genie stealth although most people won't give you a second glance if you use it in public since it looks like a regular pipe. The Lotus is much more eficient, tasty and pleasant to use though, plus you can clean it.

All in all, i think the Solo remains your best bet then, if you are not much interested in stealth and want something to use with water.

I would consider a log vape as well, to use at home, rather than a portable.

The thing is, you have the Solo and what you are looking for is what the Solo is best at. And all the other units you're interested in are worse than the Solo with water, are close to it in stealth, except the PNP which is a bit smaller and less prone to breakage which is good when out but it lack autonomy (only 45min over 120 in the Solo).

It's like you have a maxi scooter and instead of looking for something different like a trail bike, you're looking for another scooter but smaller.

vorrange,
Reactions: Caligula

rekrab

haha i guess so, so maybe the lotus makes more sense then

the solo isnt necessarily finicky just takes longer to use. i have obviously never used the others so i have no idea. never said the solo isnt easy to fill

Last edited:
rekrab,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Well, the quickest to use in the portable department are heat-on-demand units because they can go to combusting temps quick.

Again, the Lotus is one of them. The FV should also be able to do this. As does the FW. As does the Genie.

But, if you place your Solo at 7 from the start you should finish a load rather quick as well although not as quick.

Caligula

Maximus
I beg to differ. The Solo tastes like shit after you spent your session going through all the temps before 7.

I'm talking start at 7. The shitty taste is from the conduction present.

Ill have to try this and reevaluate after my RMA'd Solo gets here this afternoon. Ill be sure to report back!

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Every vaporizer with a high degree of conduction has this problem... Even the Ascent.

It is always the same, flavour is good the first few hits, but there are much less tasty hits than in a convection unit.

Then its neutral for a long time, then starts to get bitter and bitter and clouds are still coming out.

It happened in my DaVinci, in my Solo and i read reports of the same thing happening in the Pinnacle, the NO2 and others.

i only get that acid taste in my HI or Lotus in the last hit or two. That is the difference between a convection and a conduction unit.

Conduction units offer other advantages like giving you a more sedative high due to the higher oxidation of THC into CBN, and they usually are less energy demanding which allows for overall smaller units when battery powered.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Vaping through AVB always tastes worse. I know I'm off topic here but in my experience as vorrange stated a lot of people will say some vapes taste like crap but they always overfill the vape so 4-5 fresh tasting sweet hits followed by 10-15 pulled through AVB. If I fill the full conduction t-Vape with 1.0 the first handful of hits taste great the 1/2 hour worth after that, not so much. Even in the Vapo 2 the end of the bowl tastes like popcorn if I take it to spent.

I'm Baked so there you go, RB's stoned ramblings on FC.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Yes, that happens as well. I used to fill my vapes more when i wanted to get really wasted vs when i want to do a session that will leave me nice and high but not catatonic.

Nowadays i fill just enough so i can experience bigger hits, without overfilling. Somewhere around <50% is enough to prevent this problem in most vapes... the higher and thinner the bowl, the less you have to fill.

Wider bowls are always better for big hits than long and thinner bowls in my experience. They are much worse when one needs to conserve, much worse.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Even in the Vapo 2 I notice a big difference at the end of a bowl at .02 vs .01gm.

@rekrab since you seem flexible somewhat in your choices along with a small portable like the firewood the Vapolution 2 with it's glass on glass vapor path, no screen, no grinding plus the ability to go mobile with the battery pack or 12 volt car jack would be a great third vape in your line up.
At $99 bucks to your door with a free all in wonder bowl it's a steal, wish I had picked one up years ago. It's raised my vaping experience to a whole new level.

Check out the vapolution thread a real "Tried, true, tested" and often overlooked little gem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom