Discontinued Imp by MistVape

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
So it's for sure an issue with the mod and downloading tubo will for sure fix my problem?
Is your resistance locked? Idk if the stock firmware does that. It would have to for TCR id think. I had to specifically go in and lock resistance on my Vaporesso (not compatible with AF) explicitly after setting my TCR value

AF would solve this if properly configured.

ProfessionalHandJob,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

canadianvapelife

No I didn't say that, if it is for sure a problem with the mod, then another firmware may not help, but yes with wismec at least the best way to set up good TCR is with one of the custom firmwares in my experience and what I've read here at least, sorry I can't be of more help, good luck sorting it out!
Thanks for all your input 🙂

canadianvapelife,

canadianvapelife

No you will need a PC, or virtual software within your Mac, to flash firmware to the mod... Try the gen 3 dual, it should be fine for all of those vapes, but yeah load tubo on it so you can tweak all the settings for temp control with imp (and Splinter)
This virtual software is something I have to buy? Trying to do some research but figured I'd ask here

canadianvapelife,

ProfessionalHandJob

ProfessionalHandJob,

canadianvapelife

canadianvapelife,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This virtual software is something I have to buy? Trying to do some research but figured I'd ask here

Yeah VMware is the one I used once upon a time, way back when trying to do something with Linux on a Windows lol I suggest making a post in the ask FC question so maybe you can get more exposure if you need step-by-step etc?

zandroid

The Impcognito has been my daily driver over the last few months and I have really enjoyed it. It's my first 510 and first on demand/convection vape. I have owned other portables that were some mix of conduction and convection, but mostly conduction. I am using a Pico mod with Artic Fox. I also have VTC Mini with Tubo, but haven't used it. I like the compact size of the Pico and got the setting dialed in fairly quickly.

I use the wood dosing stem with the capsules and it makes it very portable and convenient. I started out with the Mist Vape capsules, but found that the Planet of the Vapes One/Healthy Rips dosing capsules fit perfectly in the stem without the bit that sticks out on the Mist Vape capsules. The POTV One/Health Rips allows the wood stem to seat completely unlike the Mist Vape stems.

I also use the Dynavap Fat Mouthpiece on the end of the wood stem. It seems cools the vapor and provides a bigger area to seat your lips. I find that I don't get the hot vapor on my lips if I didn't get a good purchase on the naked wood mouthpiece.

It all fits in a Pelican 1010 Micro case. It does a great job of reducing smell, at least to a human nose. The VTC Mini will not fit in the Pelican, which is another reason I don't use it. The picture is from before switching to the POTV One/Healthy Rips caps, but it's basically the same.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
The Impcognito has been my daily driver over the last few months and I have really enjoyed it. It's my first 510 and first on demand/convection vape. I have owned other portables that were some mix of conduction and convection, but mostly conduction. I am using a Pico mod with Artic Fox. I also have VTC Mini with Tubo, but haven't used it. I like the compact size of the Pico and got the setting dialed in fairly quickly.

I use the wood dosing stem with the capsules and it makes it very portable and convenient. I started out with the Mist Vape capsules, but found that the Planet of the Vapes One/Healthy Rips dosing capsules fit perfectly in the stem without the bit that sticks out on the Mist Vape capsules. The POTV One/Health Rips allows the wood stem to seat completely unlike the Mist Vape stems.

I also use the Dynavap Fat Mouthpiece on the end of the wood stem. It seems cools the vapor and provides a bigger area to seat your lips. I find that I don't get the hot vapor on my lips if I didn't get a good purchase on the naked wood mouthpiece.

It all fits in a Pelican 1010 Micro case. It does a great job of reducing smell, at least to a human nose. The VTC Mini will not fit in the Pelican, which is another reason I don't use it. The picture is from before switching to the POTV One/Healthy Rips caps, but it's basically the same.
All good info. I just got some of the POTV One capsules a couple of weeks ago but haven’t tried them out yet, was hoping they would work better than the capsules that came with my Impcognito. And I have a few Picos now to run them on. Just need to dig out a fat mouth piece, knew those would eventually come in handy.

canadianvapelife

What settings do you use with the pico?

canadianvapelife,

Gonchin

Are the POTV One capsules hard to get out of the dosing stem?

zandroid

Are the POTV One capsules hard to get out of the dosing stem?
No, not on mine. The the POTV caps fit nearly perfect. There is no resistance inserting or removing the caps. If you hold the stem upright, the caps will fall out of the stem.

What settings do you use with the pico?
I started with the recommended setting from Mist Vape.

The only setting I adjusted away from the recommended setting is the resistance. I had to increase that several tenths to get consistent vapor production. I don't have my Pico on me, but I think my resistance is locked at .25. I will confirm later and respond.

zandroid,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock

Did you have to do a small relief cut on that fat mouthpiece to get it to stretch over the wood dosing cap stem? Or did you heat it up a little? Not having any luck getting mine to stretch over the stem. Thanks.

CanikUser19,

Mribisback_

Has anyone asked Dave if he's still making and selling Impcognito bodies by chance?

Also I've been wondering just how long this vape could really last me with daily usage. Especially now since who knows if they'll ever be available again. I can make my own bodies and make them fit whatever type of stem I need, but I wonder if the deck could fail somehow or if the wood will just fall apart at some point 🤔

I'm pretty high off my first imp bowl of the day right now, have a nice night y'all.

ProfessionalHandJob

Has anyone asked Dave if he's still making and selling Impcognito bodies by chance?

Also I've been wondering just how long this vape could really last me with daily usage. Especially now since who knows if they'll ever be available again. I can make my own bodies and make them fit whatever type of stem I need, but I wonder if the deck could fail somehow or if the wood will just fall apart at some point 🤔

I'm pretty high off my first imp bowl of the day right now, have a nice night y'all.
This is why I bought 2x Imps and 2x Impcognitos and 8 packs of coils :-)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

See my post above yours, he is not set up at all to make anything yet as far as I know, and sold off what he had before leaving as best he could, we shall see what the future holds!

Ipe17

I have been using it daily for the last 6 months with no issues at all

Ipe17,

Gonchin

I sent him an email asking if he was set up yet last week. I haven't heard back yet.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I purchased a blackwood Impcognito body before Dave moved with the hope of getting a matching dosing stem made once he got set back up.

Since that is now in question, I think I am going to look to getting one custom made.

Does a anyone have suggestions on who I should contact for this custom work?
Maybe try Ed at Ed’s TnT? A while back I let him know that his Airizer Solo 2 WPA fit my Impcognito perfectly. A happy coincidence as he said he did not have any Imps at that time to fashion stems for. I’d be interested in getting several wood dosing stems, it’s what I was also looking to get more of, maybe even some longer ones.

zandroid

Did you have to do a small relief cut on that fat mouthpiece to get it to stretch over the wood dosing cap stem? Or did you heat it up a little? Not having any luck getting mine to stretch over the stem. Thanks.
No. I just worked it onto the stem with my fingers. Make sure you are not pinching the air path closed. Try to grab the fat mouthpiece on the sides near the end you will put in your mouth, but not on the part that is shaped to fit your lips. Also, try inserting the stem into the fat mouthpiece at an angle and rolling it on or bringing the gap together between the two. The only heat applied was just friction from my hands, but a running warm water over it or using a hair dryer on low should work to add more heat. I use a wood balm (Ed's TnT) on my Impcognito and stem to keep the wood in good shape. I usually apply the balm before putting the fat mouthpiece on and it may help it slide onto the mouthpiece.

Sorry for the late reply, I mush have turned off notifications.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
No. I just worked it onto the stem with my fingers. Make sure you are not pinching the air path closed. Try to grab the fat mouthpiece on the sides near the end you will put in your mouth, but not on the part that is shaped to fit your lips. Also, try inserting the stem into the fat mouthpiece at an angle and rolling it on or bringing the gap together between the two. The only heat applied was just friction from my hands, but a running warm water over it or using a hair dryer on low should work to add more heat. I use a wood balm (Ed's TnT) on my Impcognito and stem to keep the wood in good shape. I usually apply the balm before putting the fat mouthpiece on and it may help it slide onto the mouthpiece.

Sorry for the late reply, I mush have turned off notifications.
Thanks for the tips, I’ll give it another try, especially the wood butter suggestion.

CanikUser19,
Reactions: BeeSawd
Top Bottom