im ripping my hair out

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayweb91

im trying to decide between the extream q4 and dbv, i can get both on ebay for about 170$. Heres what i need out of a vape.

1. i smoke small bowls daily like a .2 b4 bed

2. I want durability and easy of maitinence (cheap to maintain)

3. I mostly smoke whip vape, but bags are cool.

4. I often travel with my vape so i need somethig that can be carried in a backpack with little care.

5. which heats up faster

Extreme q- is it true this unit works the best with .5 bowls and smaller bowls are more difficult to pack and less plesent to smoke. 50% of my vaping are just qucik .2's so thats real important for me to know how this unit works with small bowl. Also how reliable are these vapes becuse i mostly wont have a warentee for my vape.

DBV- how easy is it for the whip to be pulled out of the unit by accident I plan on putting a longer hose on it when i smoke with friends (6 foot tube). Also how fast does this unit heat up. Also is this unit hands free?

so which is better for my needs

jayweb91,

Pappy

shmaporist
^ I use both but mostly Arizer because it's a more efficient bong vape.
Q Elbow loads are aprox .2g. I use them.
Travel is about the same.
DBV heats faster. 3 minutes vs 12. It is hands free.
EQV more dummy proof.

Your call!

Pappy,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
It definitely takes longer, but both are excellent choices; the DBV wand can be pulled out somewhat easily it is best to always man it.

EonBlue,

Hydro-only

I bought the zephyr ion on ebay for 250 and its a cool vape that cleans up very easily. It also can be used with a bag or whip like the Extreme. It works decent with .2g but .5g always makes the bags really dense vapors. The heat up time for the Ion is around 3 min and your only problem would be portability(I just carry mine in the box it came in lol) None of these vapes will ever be as efficient as a PD or other vapes like them. You should look into vapes like the PD because of its efficiency. I am looking into purchasing a PD for myself because of its reliability and it can be left on 24/7.

Hydro-only,

steiner666

Serial vapist
your mentioning of needing to travel with it a lot makes me think HA, due it is glass-free durability. plus it meets your other reqs. i owned a dbv and they do (guess i should say did, to be safe) come with padded carrying bags, but i was never comfortable transporting mine around. think it was the glass pieces, the somewhat exposed, fragile heating element.

*btw, i'm pretty sure its only a matter of minutes before this thread gets moved to Ask FC area, where it actually does belong, by a mod. so if it disappears, thats whats up*

steiner666,

jayweb91

steiner666 said:
your mentioning of needing to travel with it a lot makes me think HA, due it is glass-free durability. plus it meets your other reqs. i owned a dbv and they do (guess i should say did, to be safe) come with padded carrying bags, but i was never comfortable transporting mine around. think it was the glass pieces, the somewhat exposed, fragile heating element.

*btw, i'm pretty sure its only a matter of minutes before this thread gets moved to Ask FC area, where it actually does belong, by a mod. so if it disappears, thats whats up*

thanks this is my first post on fc

jayweb91,
From what I've heard...

Extreme Q has its internal circuitry exposed to the vapor path.

Let that guide your decision.

charliedontsurf,

Persona Non Grata

turn on, tune in, hulk out
12 minutes thats crazy talk. my Q is ready to hit in 5 or 6 minutes from cold

the elbow pack is about 0.1g, and you could pack a half elbow or less even.

if you keep the box your Q comes in, it is easy enough to cart around, but not that great.

I have never used a dbv

Persona Non Grata,

jayweb91

Persona Non Grata said:
12 minutes thats crazy talk. my Q is ready to hit in 5 or 6 minutes from cold

the elbow pack is about 0.1g, and you could pack a half elbow or less even.

if you keep the box your Q comes in, it is easy enough to cart around, but not that great.

I have never used a dbv

can you pack the cyclone bowl and the elbow at the same time. Like fresh bud on the bottom and abv on the top. Also some one told me that the bud will only burn while you hit the vape (like you could leave bud on a hot unit, come back and hit it?

jayweb91,

Persona Non Grata

turn on, tune in, hulk out
can you pack the cyclone bowl and the elbow at the same time. Like fresh bud on the bottom and abv on the top.

I suppose you could. not sure why you would.

Also some one told me that the bud will only burn while you hit the vape (like you could leave bud on a hot unit, come back and hit it?

that is pretty much true. it is the hot air moving through the weed that vapes it. although if you leave a bowl on for a long time, it still gets hot, some of the aromatics and stuff will vape off

Persona Non Grata,

Nosferatu

GET THE DBV! Ive owned both and the DBV is best for your situation in every way, the Q has way too many glass parts for travel. The whole DBV setup will fit in the included travel bag. You can pack .1 and get like over 10 dank hits, its the hardest hittin vape I used. And warms up in two minutes I love it.

Nosferatu,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
jayweb91 said:
im trying to decide between the extream q4 and dbv, i can get both on ebay for about 170$. Heres what i need out of a vape.

1. i smoke small bowls daily like a .2 b4 bed

2. I want durability and easy of maitinence (cheap to maintain)

3. I mostly smoke whip vape, but bags are cool.

4. I often travel with my vape so i need somethig that can be carried in a backpack with little care.

5. which heats up faster

You got a launch box?

JDSupreme,

steiner666

Serial vapist
jayweb91 said:

DBV- how easy is it for the whip to be pulled out of the unit by accident I plan on putting a longer hose on it when i smoke with friends (6 foot tube). Also how fast does this unit heat up. Also is this unit hands free?

so which is better for my needs

6ft tube? really? the DBV is easy to hook up to any glass piece with a 14/18mm joint, just buy the right size adapter from the Accessories part of the official DBV or SSV store. But 6ft? Nah man. I think anything over 1 is too much.

Dont get me wrong, i used to do the whole big bong thing and crazy shit (we made a gravity bong out of a 3-4ft construction cone and a bath tub one time, ffs) when i smoked, which was also coincidentally my youthful fratboy party years. but trust me thats not going to be practical with a vape.

Consider the amount of air (both in the tube and the hosing) that you're going to have to displace, before you even get any vapor. You may think "oh, not a big deal i'll just get it to the point where its starting to fill with vapor and then pause and exhale and then go for my real hit". This is a real pain in the ass to do. Besides the obvious reason of having to take 2 hits to get 1, IME, if you stop mid-hit with a DBV the rapid drop in suction can actually cause the herb to blow out of your wand and onto the heating element, causing it to burn nasty shit on it. I had a 28" tube and every single person who used it with my dbv had trouble getting a hit out of it without causing this blowback. The ssv has less trouble with this blowback because of the angle and smaller opening (if you get the standard wand/HC set) but it's still present. But when those ppl used my n3rd bub with it, they got hits with ease and no burning, especially when it was with my ssv.

In short - do yourself a huge favor and get a nice 8-15" tube or a nice bub for use with your vape (whichever you choose), because you'll be able to fill it and clear it in one hit.

steiner666,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom