Ignorance is tough to beat

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Wow, what a friggin day of just plain ol ignorant people. (Well, this is mostly everyday) but today just struck me as way off the ignorant meter.

It all started with a buddy of mine who is a DIE HARD smoker. I loaned (now given) my VG to him to help him conserve (He can blow through an oz in less than a week) and also because its more enjoyable (imo) to vape and of course the less harmful effects (the list goes on) At any rate, he seemed optimistic about possibly converting and the part that got me all riled up was rule #1 with the VG.

"Hey bud, I think Im close to being convinced of this vaping thing. Last night I vaped a bowl then unscrewed the top and just finished the bowl off like I would with my pipe. It got me so fucked up..."

WHAT??!! WHAT??!! MOTHERFUCKING WHAT??!! Didnt I explain this to you on numerous occasions??!! No fucking joke you got 'higher' as you were COMBUSTING THE SHIT out of the months of vape honey that had been accumulating in the VG before I let your dumb ass use it. Christ, Im all about giving people the benefit of the doubt, but damn. If I tell you the CORRECT way of doing things more than once, explain to you why you shouldnt do it, and you still do it anyway regardless... Grrrr.. And the sad part is, its really not his fault. He isnt the sharpest tool in the shed (bless his pointed little head) but fuck...

I dont think the VG is now completely ruined, but damned if I will ever hit that bitch again.

Oh yeah, and what about Pat Robertsons comments on Haiti? This just got me to thinking of all of the ignorant bastards that take what this clown says for gospel. I guess its one of the reasons my place of residence will be one of the LAST states to implement MMJ. (Or at least until his compound isnt destroyed and the Bible belt surrounding it dissolves)

I hope I havent offended anyone here with my comments. Its just been a day today...

AGBeer,

Frickr

you know it amazes me how many people can mess up so many simple things daily. I agree with you full heartedly that its frustrating to overcome the ignorance, and just plain stupidity of some people. i know everyone is guilty of having their moments. i have had many. but some people still amaze me. atleast i know im not the only one that has had to deal with frustrating people this week. im glad its friday!

ps agbeer, whats some good resources for homebrews? im intrested in making some of my own beer, but have no idea where to start.

Frickr,

albe

yeah lol at the last bit !!! i'm hoping pat gets raptured off to dumbfark land along with the rest of his little fundamentalist minions :lol:

albe,

lwien

AGBeer said:
Oh yeah, and what about Pat Robertsons comments on Haiti?
Yeah, I saw that last night on The Daily Show (John Stewart). Fucking amazing. But what's really scary is the fact that the idiot has a HUGE following and they take him seriously, but then, there are those that take Fox News seriously too, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

lwien,

aero18

vaporist
AGBeer said:
Oh yeah, and what about Pat Robertsons comments on Haiti? This just got me to thinking of all of the ignorant bastards that take what this clown says for gospel. I guess its one of the reasons my place of residence will be one of the LAST states to implement MMJ. (Or at least until his compound isnt destroyed and the Bible belt surrounding it dissolves) .
I would love to see the end of the lifespans of religion, allowing people to see them for what they are: destructive myths.

aero18,

ClemsonVapor489

I was shocked at Robertson's comments. Not that he would say that (he's got a long list of nutty shit that has come out of his mouth), just the sheer stupidity of it. Signed a deal with the devil? Seriously? You actually fucking believe that?

"I would love to see the end of the lifespans of religion, allowing people to see them for what they are: destructive myths."

This.

ClemsonVapor489,

lwien

aero18 said:
I would love to see the end of the lifespans of religion, allowing people to see them for what they are: destructive myths.
While this is true for some religions, I don't find it true for all. Can you tell me what the destructive myths of Buddhism is?

That's a pretty broad brush stroke that you used there, aero.

But you are correct in one aspect. Most organized religions are missing one key ingredient which would eliminate those destructive myths of which you allude to, and that is................tolerance.

lwien,

aero18

vaporist
lwien said:
aero18 said:
While this is true for some religions, I don't find it true for all. Can you tell me what the destructive myths of Buddhism is?

That's a pretty broad brush stroke that you used there, aero.

But you are correct in one aspect. Most organized religions are missing one key ingredient which would eliminate those destructive myths of which you allude to, and that is................tolerance.
Most organized religions? No. All.

Every single 'faith' erodes the principles of critical thought and inquiry.

They all rely on the principle of faith. It is a stance that has no substance and is blind speculation. It is the stance for which cannot be proven by logic or empiricism--it is the stance of irrational assertion.

Buddhism is just as superstitious as the rest (rebirth, karma...) and just as corrosive to one's intellectual integrity.

aero18,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
What the hell? I just said that a buddy of mine broke the cardinal rule of the VG (he combusted in it purposely) and you guys want to get off on a discussion about religion??:D

AGBeer,

aero18

vaporist
AGBeer said:
What the hell? I just said that a buddy of mine broke the cardinal rule of the VG (he combusted in it purposely) and you guys want to get off on a discussion about religion??:D
"This just got me to thinking of all of the ignorant bastards that take what this clown says for gospel."

I can't stand the religious mindset and the stupidity that they spew.

aero18,

Ihop

:2c:
Hey AGBeer,

There is, as you've discovered, no shortage of stupid. A friend of mine almost torched my Launch Box, after showing him how to use the damm thing. Stupid is rampant everywhere. I sometimes wonder if some of them ever had anyone try to teach them anything. Shit read the newspaper or watch the news. What would happen if they leagalized MJ?? :uhoh:

I'd probably be afraid to go outside.
Different strokes

Or you could show them these,

:peace:

Ihop,

Konrad_Zuse

Wait... I thought you put the bud into the whip, and just lit up the whip with a lighter?!?!?!?!? Damn I've been doing it all wrong, damn....

Konrad_Zuse,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
LOL I just got back from his house, and took a look at the poor VG now. It was BLACKENED with mad soot and burned honey that had been accumulating on the screen and bowl. I was rather saddened to see this and as badly as I wanted to partake in a bowl with the guy, I couldnt. :(

Guess Im gonna have to sit down and get myself Zapped :ko:
I aint cryin about that!

AGBeer,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yeah, leave a Vaporgenie around any number of 'stoners' and vape abuse is fairly certain. You should see my original. :lol:

Ignorance seems to be gaining popularity these days. :suspicious:

Fuck you, science!

vtac,
Top Bottom