If all vapes get you equally as high why buy an expensive one?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Title says it.
I think I'm going to disagree with many of my fellow FC members here who say XYZ vaporizer medicates more than another vaporizer.

All of the dry herb vaporizers I have used in the past two years can get me medicated to where I want to go. Although note, some of my vapes require me to re-load several times to get me to that level I want to be.

True, some vaporizers can reach different temperatures, and different vaporizers can hold different amounts of herb. Other vapes hold a lot of herb, but take a long time to get a full extraction.

If given enough time and effort, and it can reach the temperatures you desire, any true dry herb vaporizer will medicate you.

More expensive vaporizers tend to have larger heaters for faster extraction, and can sometimes provide a better taste or smoother hit than other vaporizers. Or they may have other features not found on lower vapes (like bag filling options, or temperature controllers, etc).

I've tried some good vaporizers, and some really terrible vaporizers over the past two years, some of which I probably wished I hadn't used. But they still do medicate me if I'm patient enough

Just my $0.02 on the subject, I'm sure plenty will disagree with me

Edit - should have read more posts lol. Seems like others do agree with me

sativasam

NO SMOKING
if you eat a cheap steak and it's chewy and not much good, you may go your whole life thinking you don't like steak. After 20 or more years someone gives you a piece of expensive rump steak and you realise what you've been missing. (This actually happened to me)

So IMO you can't judge steak by tasting the cheapest.

You Americans don't do 'class' like we do it in the UK. But I see vaping herb as a very middle class way to consume your weed. It's not really somthing that is accessible for all. Sad but true.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
You Americans don't do 'class' like we do it in the UK. But I see vaping herb as a very middle class way to consume your weed. It's not really somthing that is accessible for all. Sad but true.

Ha....there is an awful lot of Americans on here, let's tread carefully so as not to offend anyone...

I'm sure the Americans have an image of us sitting down in an oak clad room with our tea and terrible teeth, vaping our shitty soap bar hash, while listening to the Beatles....with our ugly wife's. ...

But I get what your saying, vaping cannabis in the UK is a classier thing..less common...

Zacadea

I think I'm going to disagree with many of my fellow FC members here who say XYZ vaporizer medicates more than another vaporizer.

All of the dry herb vaporizers I have used in the past two years can get me medicated to where I want to go. Although note, some of my vapes require me to re-load several times to get me to that level I want to be.

True, some vaporizers can reach different temperatures, and different vaporizers can hold different amounts of herb. Other vapes hold a lot of herb, but take a long time to get a full extraction.

If given enough time and effort, and it can reach the temperatures you desire, any true dry herb vaporizer will medicate you.

More expensive vaporizers tend to have larger heaters for faster extraction, and can sometimes provide a better taste or smoother hit than other vaporizers. Or they may have other features not found on lower vapes (like bag filling options, or temperature controllers, etc).

I've tried some good vaporizers, and some really terrible vaporizers over the past two years, some of which I probably wished I hadn't used. But they still do medicate me if I'm patient enough

Any specific vaporizers you would recommend? I saw somebody mention the VapCap. Do you have any experience with that one?

Zacadea,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Any specific vaporizers you would recommend?
There are plenty of good vaporizers, but as I've found - different vaporizers fulfill different needs. You need to figure out what you want - flavor, price, efficiency, portability, stealth, etc.

I saw somebody mention the VapCap. Do you have any experience with that one?
I really like the idea of the Vapcap - seems like an awesome vaporizer for the price. I have no doubt it would perform better than just about every electronic vaporizer under $100.

I personally just ordered a Titanium Woodie and an Original Vapcap several days ago. Looking forward to playing with them when they ship next week.

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: MinnBobber

woolspinner

It's true there's no magic in vaporization, we've seen it in a vaporizer study recently (Volcano, Solo, Plenty, DaVinci, Butane). In table 2, we can see at about 98%(IIRC, or 96%) successfully evaporate the cannabinoids in the herb (at specified temp in the study and beside the Butane vape). Vaporizer with longer vapor path (thus more surface for condensation) are a bit less efficient (up to 20% less) but produce cooler vapor (which may help vaping at higher temp). The DaVinci was leaking vapor but it was the only vape to do so and it must be pretty rare among reputable vaporizers.

Even if the vapor (the cannabinoids) in most reputable vaporizer doesn't magically disappear or stay in the ABV, there's of course a lot of differences between vaporizers.

- How they work (ease of use, personal taste, how they maintain temp, etc)
- Size
- Price
- Customer service
- Convection vs Conduction vs Hybrid, Session (can lose vapor in the air/condensation) vs On-Demand
- Time to heat up at proper temperature
- Time to change temp
- Portability
- Reliability
- Solidity
- Battery usage
- Display providing information (temp, battery, etc)
- Ease of use with Glass
- Length of vapor path (for cool vapor)
- How safe is the vapor path
- Size of the bowl (large bowl for groups)
- Efficiency for small or large quantity of herb
- Cost of usage (cost of buying new batteries, new bags, broken glass, etc)
- Etc, etc.

Of course every company will tell you they have the best vaporizer in the world. That's marketing. But in reality all the reliable vaporizers have many happy customers (we can see it at FC) and do a similar job at getting your herb at the proper temp so they can vaporize. There's no magic (you just need to follow the vapor/cannabinoids). The way they do it is vastly different from one another. There's no such thing as best vaporizer, it's a matter of personal taste. Choose one you can see yourself using.

Well said!

And, don't forget the materials used to make said vape - some have safer components than others.

Edit: crud. I forgot I was posting back to back. Sorry, mods! Mea culpa!

Last edited by a moderator:
woolspinner,
Reactions: sativasam

sativasam

NO SMOKING
There are plenty of good vaporizers, but as I've found - different vaporizers fulfill different needs. You need to figure out what you want - flavor, price, efficiency, portability, stealth, etc.

I really like the idea of the Vapcap - seems like an awesome vaporizer for the price. I have no doubt it would perform better than just about every electronic vaporizer under $100.

I personally just ordered a Titanium Woodie and an Original Vapcap several days ago. Looking forward to playing with them when they ship next week.
you don't have a VapCap yet you "have no doubt it would perform better than just about every electronic vaporizer under $100". Have you also tried every vaporiser that is priced under $100?

Seems like a statement based on assumptions to me.

sativasam,

Zacadea

I just want something that will be get really high. Everybody keeps telling me to get different ones so I don't really know what to do.

Zacadea,

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
But I get what your saying, vaping cannabis in the UK is a classier thing..less common...

I could be wrong but I don't think he was being offensive and thought he meant Americans don't do this...

Class-inequality_zpsybnkmh1y.jpg

Which is a compliment to them.

j-bug

you don't have a VapCap yet you "have no doubt it would perform better than just about every electronic vaporizer under $100". Have you also tried every vaporiser that is priced under $100?

I think that while it may be based on assumptions I've come to a similar conclusion based on reading user reports and comparisons between the various respected under $100 options for vaporizers. I think community experts and people who've thoroughly researched user experiences with a wide variety of vapes can make reasonable recommendations based on significant user reports.

I'd also recommend that you get the vap cap if you're ok with using a torch lighter and want to pay as little as possible for a reliable vape. If you want to pay under $100 but want an electric portable I'd check out the flowermate line of portable vapes as people seem to be consistently satisfied by those or a MFLB. If you're willing to dish out a bit more a study did come to the conclusion that the Arizer Solo is the most effective at extracting actives compared to a variety of other highly respected vape options, and a lot of FC members who have a variety of vapes still enjoy their Solos.

j-bug,

woolspinner

I could be wrong but I don't think he was being offensive and thought he meant Americans don't do this...

Class-inequality_zpsybnkmh1y.jpg

Which is a compliment to them.

Americans do not stare?

I just want something that will be get really high. Everybody keeps telling me to get different ones so I don't really know what to do.

You need to take the information you have been given, prioritize what your needs are and make a decision. Asking the same question in multiple threads worded slightly differently is not going to net you any better information than what you have been given already. Everyone WILL have a different opinion. If you want a vape, you just need to pick the one that seems the best to you based on your use. Proponents of certain vapes will push very hard for THEIR favorite. Others will offer suggestions, but in the end YOU SIMPLY HAVE TO DECIDE AND BUY AND USE. Yes, you may get something that is not right at first. If that is true, you sell it and get one that does not have the bad things you did not like about that vape. Hell, if I only listened to the most vocal people, I would have a Mighty. But now that I have tried one, I do not think it is an improvement over my Haze or my Underdog.

What I considered (sample):

I vape mainly flowers.
I wanted it to be portable, just in case.
I do not care about clouds
I have asthma and am sensitive to heat, so something that can do low temps or is user adjustable is helpful.
I did not care about water compatibility.

You have all the info at your fingertips. You simply have to decide. Beyond FC, read some online reviews as well for those suggestions you liked. See what people say the pluses and minuses are and decide if you can live with those things.

At this point, I think you are just getting more confused and need to take the info you already have, lock out new FC input, and decide between the options that have already been suggested. Until one of us lives in your vaping body, we cannot make the decision any better than you.

Zacadea

Americans do not stare?

You need to take the information you have been given, prioritize what your needs are and make a decision. Asking the same question in multiple threads worded slightly differently is not going to net you any better information than what you have been given already. Everyone WILL have a different opinion. If you want a vape, you just need to pick the one that seems the best to you based on your use. Proponents of certain vapes will push very hard for THEIR favorite. Others will offer suggestions, but in the end YOU SIMPLY HAVE TO DECIDE AND BUY AND USE. Yes, you may get something that is not right at first. If that is true, you sell it and get one that does not have the bad things you did not like about that vape. Hell, if I only listened to the most vocal people, I would have a Mighty. But now that I have tried one, I do not think it is an improvement over my Haze or my Underdog.

What I considered (sample):

I vape mainly flowers.
I wanted it to be portable, just in case.
I do not care about clouds
I have asthma and am sensitive to heat, so something that can do low temps or is user adjustable is helpful.
I did not care about water compatibility.

You have all the info at your fingertips. You simply have to decide. Beyond FC, read some online reviews as well for those suggestions you liked. See what people say the pluses and minuses are and decide if you can love with those things.

At this point, I think you are just getting more confused and need to take the info you already have, lock out new FC input, and decide between the options that have already been suggested. Until one of us lives in your vaping body, we cannot make the decision any better than you.
When you vape at low temps do you only get a head high? Is a body high at high temps?

Cardiox

Ha....there is an awful lot of Americans on here, let's tread carefully so as not to offend anyone...

I'm sure the Americans have an image of us sitting down in an oak clad room with our tea and terrible teeth, vaping our shitty soap bar hash, while listening to the Beatles....with our ugly wife's. ...

I am an american I just thought it was a hilarious comment :)

Cardiox,
Reactions: kellya86

woolspinner

When you vape at low temps do you only get a head high? Is a body high at high temps?

More head high. But mainly I vape low because I am sensitive to heat and have asthma, so hig temps set it off. I will vape higher at bedtime, even with sativa dominant hybrids, although I prefer relaxing indica dominant strains at bed when I can get them. ABV capsules help with sleeping, too.

Like I said, analyze your use, what you need, and choose based on that. My use pattern is strictly geared to me and my quirks. I am a light, low temp user, not a session vape gal. Therefore, my Haze is not ideal, although the Haze Square could be, depending upon length of vapor path to facilitate cooling. However, I did not know any of that until I started using it and got sick of it timing off, vaping my herb between hits, and basically operating more like what it is - a conduction vape with some hybridization. Convection on- demand is clearly the winner for MY use pattern. Which is why I love muly Underdog, although having precise temp control would be nice - so I can upgrade to a variable power thingee, or buy another vape, like the Enano or SSV.

ETA: and the Haze is a top shelf portable, btw. So even the expensive, quality vapes can be imperfect for YOUR use pattern. I make my lovely Haze work for now, until someday I can change to an on-demand convection. That is for ME. But others need session vapes and don't like convection, and stirring herb and all. I have to stir my UD bowl every two hits minimum.

woolspinner,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker

I've tried quite a few vaporizers in the sub-$100 category thanks to my business. So yes, a vaporizer which can heat up in under 30 seconds and produce massive clouds is far superior to any electronic vaporizer I've used under $100 - most of which requires over 90 seconds to reach desired temperature (and over 180 seconds to reach the same high temperature on the vapcap).

Butane vaporizers are lower in cost and perform far superior to their equally priced electronic counterparts. How many butane vaporizers have you used? So far I've used three and all of them were impressive, and I'm looking forward to adding a fourth to my collection.

sativasam

NO SMOKING
I've tried quite a few vaporizers in the sub-$100 category thanks to my business. So yes, a vaporizer which can heat up in under 30 seconds and produce massive clouds is far superior to any electronic vaporizer I've used under $100 - most of which requires over 90 seconds to reach desired temperature (and over 180 seconds to reach the same high temperature on the vapcap).

Butane vaporizers are lower in cost and perform far superior to their equally priced electronic counterparts. How many butane vaporizers have you used? So far I've used three and all of them were impressive, and I'm looking forward to adding a fourth to my collection.
You are the one rating a vape you havn't tried. I didn't claim to be a butane vape expert.

Edit: and everything you say about butane devices being superior is relative. I don't care much about heat up time compared to temperature control for example

Last edited:
sativasam,

howie105

Title says it.

You spend what you want and you live with the results. If your research tells you one that a thirty dollar vape will meet your needs and desires as well as a four or five hundred vape then good on you. I would however urge you to learn as much as you can first because knowledge usually serves one better then forum popularity.

StonerSloth

cui bono?
Buying a vaporizer is more about getting "the right tool for the job" than getting the best vaporizer on the planet. Some considerations:

Session time - are you going to sit down and vape a whole bowl at once, do you want to do a few minutes now and a few minutes later, or are you looking for strictly on-demand heat?

Materials - a lot of vapes have cheap unhealthy materials. Beware.

Taste - a lot of vapes taste very very good. Some taste so bad that they could put you off vaping altogether.

Form Factor - in what setting are you using your vape? Is discretion important?

Heat up time - I usually don't care, but it's a consideration.

Although I am relatively new to FC, I am a relatively experienced vaporist (many years.) I'm going to go against the crowd here and say that - based on my limited experience with the VapCap (only three days) I find its taste pretty bad and its effect pretty underwhelming. I get clouds but that's about it.

Using the same load size (0.06) in VapCap, Lotus, Underdog, 2 x DIY 510-based vapes, I would say that the VapCap is way at the back of the pack for noticeable effect after one load.

I am actually disappointed to be saying this, but I think that I like the Flowermate over the VapCap as long as you don't mind the big bowl on the FM.

Just get the right tool for the job at a price you can afford.

There are a ton of awesome vapes in the $150 price range that IMHO are so much more worth your money than any of the <$50 units.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I like using several different vaporizers. It helps with tolerance issues. I always have my eye on the next vaporizer that I want to add to the family. I do have my favs that I use more than others.

You probably need to spend at least $100 or a smidgen more to get a half way descent unit IMO. The price of a Magic Flight Launch Box is $120 now. A Vapman I'm told is awesome they aren't very much, I think about $120.

Last edited:

sativasam

NO SMOKING
I think community experts and people who've thoroughly researched user experiences with a wide variety of vapes can make reasonable recommendations based on significant user reports.
I'm sorry but how exactly are these "community experts" appointed these titles? And where is this thorough research of vapes that these experts have done?

What you really mean is after vaping a few bowls, in a few vapes, and browsing a few threads; you and others have come to the conclusion that it is ok to review and to strongly recommend a product that you have never even used

Last edited:

hafalump

Thanks to my "research" on this forum, my first vape was quite sweet. Also my second and third are awesome, I use all three. If I hadn't looked into it, who knows what kinda nastiness I'd have thrown away and just bought more rolling papers.

Tommy10

never used a louts, but if someone said they wanted a portable that heats quick is good through a bong and hits hard then I'd recommend one. Used a vaporgenie plenty, and it ticks all of those boxes but it seems to me like the lotus is a nicer product. Am I can idiot? Yes, is this the Internet and you don't need to take any of it as gospel and use what others have said to form your decision?... Of course.

sativasam

NO SMOKING
@sativasam
I have extensively used the VapCap. I'm no expert on vapes though. When someone comes and asks what vape to get for xyz reason, are we not supposed to suggest things?
They are trying to sell the Vapcap rather than simply suggest it.

I'm not trying to police the thread; it just seems silly to make such bold claims about something one hasn't tried.

sativasam,

Farid

The vapcap is the cheapest vape I can think of besides the ubie, which has mixed reviews. The VG coil is also cheap but I think you need a water pipe with it. This thread is about cheap vaporizers, so it definitely makes sense to suggest it.

Top Bottom