I think I've tasted a diesel strain for the first time!

DaProfessor

Most of the time I get a strain name from my dealer. Then I do a little taste review for my own records. I'm getting better at distinguishing the subtleties in taste. Every so often my dealer can't provide a name. I happen to have just tried a recently obtained no-name strain. I took a nice stem hit thru the WS tiny tube. On the exhale I noticed a weird oily taste. Not bad, but different. Then all of a sudden my mind made the connection from 'oily taste' to 'diesel'! I packed a fresh stem and rinsed my mouth. I did a double check for the taste and it was there. It's been awhile since I tasted something new. Hopefully its the diesel strain taste and not some contam :rolleyes:

DaProfessor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Usually when I get an oily taste it means it's time to collect the oil from the stem, you wouldn't happen to be using a Solo now would you? :lol:

OhTheAgony,

Sour Deez

The diesels i had never had an oily taste, it was way more fuely.

But i love anything from the diesel or chem family, anytime some comes around i buy as much as i can. When you take a whiff, its just like oh yea, thats that diesely funk. The taste really lingers too, you can still taste it 20 min after your vape session.

Sour D may be may favorite. When you get a sour pheno, omg its heaven. The taste is amazing, the one i remember the most was super sour, made your nose tingle like a mofo if you exhaled through it. It was tart, almost like i ate a sour patch kid.

Sour Deez,

lwien

For me, while I like the high from a good diesel, I really don't like the taste...........so much so that I never buy it anymore.

lwien,

weedemon

enthusiast
are the calyxes really large? usually a lighter green colour with bright hairs? let me look up the pic i have of a sou d bud. (obviously the strain grows differently with each grower, but usually some characteristics hold true be cause it should have similar genetics)

t8kf36.jpg

weedemon,

DaProfessor

Yeah, my bud looks very similar to above. I'm still a noob at distinguishing through morphological traits, we lack variety here & I'm not connected to the growers. Just took a fresh stem hit. I'm getting the sour patch kid taste. I guess my definition of oily can be modified to a fuely taste/aroma. Just nice to have something different...thanks for the input guys :peace:

DaProfessor,

SD_haze

Sour Diesel definitely has an identifiable bud structure.

It has a big surface area but not really "fluffy", which is nice because when you buy an 8th you get what looks like a decent amount of bud (compared to some more dense buds)

Here's an 8th of "certifiable" Sour Diesel I picked up a few months ago.
sourd.jpg

SD_haze,

Sour Deez

^^^ Ahhhh my mouth is watering, i want i want. That is no doubt some sourd. Damn i need to move to the west coast.

Sour Deez,

djonkoman

the times I tasted a dieselstrain I never thought it tasted or smelled oily or fuely
it reminds me most of freshness/little bit fruity-like

but, my smellexperience can differ a lot from others I noticed, for example for me a sweet smell and vanillasmell is the same(I mean a smell that's just sweet with nothing else), in leeuwarden there is a factory that makes those DIY baked goods sets etc and everytime I drie by that factory I smell that typical sweet smell that I associate with vanilla

and IMO that typical hazetaste is the same as hashtaste(but more the hashtaste hashes like superpolm have, lately I mostly vape nepal wich has it's own unique flavor and lacks that typical hashtaste)

djonkoman,
Top Bottom