I think I'm done with oils/waxes/shatter etc.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Nice stuff, that's what I was thinking, I can do something with 99 iso and a filter. I'm going to start digging around for guides.
I'm a YOUTUBE addict!
It's like eating fish and spitting out the bones!
Vons/Safeway in the west coast. I'm sure you can find it online as well?
Safeway is DENVER based!

I hope you guy's are stocking up on Week-End WAX?
I'm getting ready!

I made 0.71 grams in less than 20 minutes.
The VACUUM does the rest!

Last edited:

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm on the east coast, and can't find it anywhere. I wasn't aware they were allowed to sell it online, but I'll look.

Amazon you can find 99% isopropyl. However why not get some everclear shipped? More expensive, but I personally feel safer using it. When PERFECTLY purged both are safe, but why stress about a purge when you can get 95% ethanol shipped to you and worst case you don't purge well and it's like taking a millionth of a shot of something that is consumable in much larger quantities.

If you can't find a place that ships everclear PM me. Not legal in my state either, but it was legally shipped here somehow. Just have to be home to sign for it since they can't take an under 21 signature for alcohol.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Amazon you can find 99% isopropyl. However why not get some everclear shipped? More expensive, but I personally feel safer using it. When PERFECTLY purged both are safe, but why stress about a purge when you can get 95% ethanol shipped to you and worst case you don't purge well and it's like taking a millionth of a shot of something that is consumable in much larger quantities.

If you can't find a place that ships everclear PM me. Not legal in my state either, but it was legally shipped here somehow. Just have to be home to sign for it since they can't take an under 21 signature for alcohol.

Amazon wants 6 times what it's worth. I just looked. :(

I can get Everclear at the local liquor store. I want ISO for cleaning my glass.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

EVERCLEAR is good stuff for sure however the SAFEWAY 99% ISO works just as well for 70% less cost.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'll disagree with your methods really quickly...

140f is too high ataxian!! I know you "chase flavors" and you're boiling off the terpenes at 140! Drop it another 50 degrees, whenever I use hot water to purge it's never higher than the mid-90's!
Perhaps the 140 is hotplate surface temp and not transferred temp to the chamber surface ? I don't think he'd be getting 'blond' with that high direct.
The hot plate is 140F the PUREX bowl sits on the plate with vapor hitting the bottom.
I guess I can make a THERMOCOUPLE direct contact probe for an exact temperature of the PUREX bowl. My guess is 100f or less? If I shoot for 90f I get Taffy and not SHATTER.

Think JOLLY RANCHER!
So there is a fine line with FLAVOR, EFFECT and TEXTURE!

Teach me!
I learn something new every day!
This taste pretty good somehow?

Last edited:

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
This Is the compay ive been getting my errl from thc pharmaceutical... Here is a pic of the packaging.

20131109_205034-1.jpg

Last edited:

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
I'm still kind of wondering why they would advertise cbn if it is degraded thc? And does anyone out there in legal land have an opinion on this oil?

Soflo,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
I'm not sure what I am looking at in that last pic. Is that 4 different products? Just because cbn doesn't have the same effects as thc doesn't mean it has no medicinal value. I think we are in our infancy of figuring these things out. I have a hard time believing in a lot of the 'this strain does this and that strain does that' promotions (beyond the sativa/indica, thc/cbd ratios).

Hexi

I'm not sure what I am looking at in that last pic. Is that 4 different products? Just because cbn doesn't have the same effects as thc doesn't mean it has no medicinal value. I think we are in our infancy of figuring these things out. I have a hard time believing in a lot of the 'this strain does this and that strain does that' promotions (beyond the sativa/indica, thc/cbd ratios).

Exactly, right now it's 99% marketing and word of mouth. People can't even agree on which strains were used to make Girl Scout Cookies.

That being said, I've never really seen CBNs emphasized as something you'd want more of.

Hexi,
Reactions: ataxian

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I'm still kind of wondering why they would advertise cbn if it is degraded thc? And does anyone out there in legal land have an opinion on this oil?

Exactly, right now it's 99% marketing and word of mouth. People can't even agree on which strains were used to make Girl Scout Cookies.

That being said, I've never really seen CBNs emphasized as something you'd want more of.

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
Yeah, we need some kinda 'provenance' like the art world uses to determine authenticity. That's why I laugh at "g13". You're telling me some guy snuck a cut out of a lab 30 years ago and someone has kept track of it when many growers mislabel cuts constantly? It does usually mean that it's pretty good if nothing else. I have been lucky enough to either be the grower, or 1 step removed for many years - easier to know what to believe.

I will say that I've partook (can you believe spellcheck accepted that last word?) of my sour diesel strain (and it's concentrates) w/ patients who've had everything from back pain to ms/cancer/ptsd/etc , and every one of them claimed it was the best meds they have had for their condition. Some liked sativas, others indica. Some liked high thc, others high cbd. I think it comes down to strong genetics of super potent strains working best for most everyone. I don't mean to minimalize anyone's experience, but this has been mine.

This may seem biased as I am trimming some right now, but I've kept this strain in the garden for close to a decade - even though sometimes you're lucky to get 2-3 oz/plant. I'll snap a pic for 'my stash' shortly.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It's a plant, Jim, not a damned machine!

You can't mass-produce identical plants. No matter how careful you are, there will always be differences. You can't duplicate the same lighting, watering, and nutrient profile perfectly. The more variables that you introduce, the less likely it will be that the plants resemble one another. It's a certainty that two different growers starting with the same stock will produce different profiles. What we can't predict is how similar they will be. This isn't like corn or tomatoes. Small differences in the balance of components can be big differences in your vapourizer.

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
Thanks everyone for your help on the subject, on that packaging those actually are 4 different styles of products that they offer. I've only tried the purple and yellow labels, I am big into concentrates and have a fairly high tolerance, but that purple label oil knocked me on my ass. I can dab all day long, but 3 dabs of that and I needed a nap!

darkrom

Great Scott!
Thanks everyone for your help on the subject, on that packaging those actually are 4 different styles of products that they offer. I've only tried the purple and yellow labels, I am big into concentrates and have a fairly high tolerance, but that purple label oil knocked me on my ass. I can dab all day long, but 3 dabs of that and I needed a nap!

Is that the CBD one or the CBN one? Color blind here.

darkrom,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
That is what all of the packages look like, the colored labels are on the syringe. Each label is a different color according to the strain

Soflo,

Hexi

It's a plant, Jim, not a damned machine!

You can't mass-produce identical plants. No matter how careful you are, there will always be differences. You can't duplicate the same lighting, watering, and nutrient profile perfectly. The more variables that you introduce, the less likely it will be that the plants resemble one another. It's a certainty that two different growers starting with the same stock will produce different profiles. What we can't predict is how similar they will be. This isn't like corn or tomatoes. Small differences in the balance of components can be big differences in your vapourizer.

Tomatoes are a great example of this. San Marzano tomatoes, hands down the best italian tomatoes you can get, and specific to a region, the taste is completely distinct, but it's hard to grow them outside of certain regions, hydro or not.

Someone mentioned Sour Diesel, that's like GSC, almost everyone likes it :) I haven't had GSC or Diesel in a couple of months myself, really missing GSC wax

Hexi,
Reactions: ataxian
@darkrom
The purple would be the CBN one.;)

There is so much need for lots and lots of research!
Interesting things are happening though...per example : http://www.pace-cme.org/d/824/cannabis-used-as-a-clean-drug
For me the most unbelievable part of the whole illegality of Cannabis was and still is the hindrance it has been for proper studies and trials. :huh: :doh: :mental: :cuss:
(As an aside,i'm not that much of a believer in Cannabis as a cure all,but that it can be very beneficial palliatively for starters is beyond a shadow of a doubt for me and as an anti-inflammatory there seems some real promise as well.)
So hopefully with the seeming momentum towards legalisation there will be a race to catch up.:bowdown:
:)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Someone mentioned Sour Diesel, that's like GSC, almost everyone likes them :) I haven't had GSC or Diesel in a couple of months myself, really missing GSC wax

GSC is great.
Almost all of the different dispensaries that supply it differ in Effect slightly.
It's all very good anyway.

Tomato's Tomatoe's

All Kidding aside.

Now I did have some that was absolutely outstanding GENETICALLY CERTIFIED.

I have no GSC anymore for over a week.
DUTCH TREAT you need to try!

I love this strain as well!
Thanks ataxian! I didn't know much about the errl, what does it go for out there?

It's getting expensive.

Last edited:
ataxian,
Top Bottom