I screwed up with PBW, now what?

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Hi,

As I've been on a forced 6 months and counting T-Break, I put all my vapes and paraphernalia away to help with temptation, bar a few dirty bits of glass that I left soaking in some PBW solution.

Like the autistic dumb ass I am, I forgot about them, until yesterday.

Now they seem to have crystalised with the PBW solution and I don't know how I'm gonna clean them...

IN9rIe6.jpg

I'm thinking a pair of tongs and the jet wash?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
1DMF

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I would try shake it with some vinegar and salt inside .If it doesnt work ,maybe boil them in some water with vinegar . Next i would try alcohol.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: 1DMF

Alexis

Just throw everything you can at them. Try bicarbonate of soda soaks, vinegar, various ultrasonic bath techniques (some use ISO in bags for regular cleanings).
Keep us posted. Im very green (like a banana) when it comes to cleaning things. My mum usually helps me to be honest, she is a pro!

But this is an awsome community of members with great knowledge and experience who Im sure can help you tackle this. Just get stuck in for now, see what makes a difference and report back.
Good luck pal and wekcome back, hoping things are going well for you in life generally.:)

Alexis,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
What's more annoying than the PWB crustation, is they still aint clean from the resin - lol!

I guess as PBW is alkaline you are all suggesting a form of acid soak hence vinegar, not sure I want anything too caustic, what with me being a dumbass and having a 2 year old roaming the house.

I'll try a few days in white wine vinegar and let you know how it goes, the thought of the smell / flavour lurking afterwards is enough to put me off vaping :science:

I was also thinking about boiling, so let's hope this missus will let me at her saucepans :)

Alexis

What's more annoying than the PWB crustation, is they still aint clean from the resin - lol!

I guess as PBW is alkaline you are all suggesting a form of acid soak hence vinegar, not sure I want anything too caustic, what with me being a dumbass and having a 2 year old roaming the house.

I'll try a few days in white wine vinegar and let you know how it goes, the thought of the smell / flavour lurking afterwards is enough to put me off vaping :science:

I was also thinking about boiling, so let's hope this missus will let me at her saucepans :)
My mum recently soaked my XL Sphere in vinegar. There is no smell left behind now. Good luck!

Poostuff

Please delete
I’ve had good results using a strong mix of citric acid in water for those stains. You could try that first if the thought of vinegar is making you :puke:

Poostuff,

Justpassedu

Oh man definitely try the boiling 1st and if that does not work go for what the other guy suggested some CLR but just be sure to rinse with fresh water after. I have left some glass with pbw for a few days and never had that happen but i am guessing the water had evaporated and that's what you have now.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
but i am guessing the water had evaporated and that's what you have now.
Nope, it's like the PBW crystalised out of the water, the items were still below the water, it's just they had sat their for 6 months.

I did use a good few tablespoons of PBW, but I had dissolved it in the hot water, that went a milky colour.

So perhaps the alkaline hard water and PBW caused the sediments to crystallise on the glass?

The missus says we have a cleaning saucepan she uses to boil the oven fan in when grimy, so I'll be doing a boil over the weekend first before anything else.

1DMF,
Reactions: asdf420

asdf420

I have a similar problem.

well, what I did was add boiling water to the piece, then maybe way too much PBW. Now it has PBW stuck on it, and still has some combustion resin.

Was thinking I could boil a glass of water, add half a tsp of PBW, mix it and pour it in.
That piece already has a crack, though.

asdf420,
Top Bottom