I just saw the moon

Radwin Bodnic

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Really, sorry I missed that.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
ELT coming together nicely...

ESO’s Extremely Large Telescope (ELT) is quickly coming together before our eyes. In this webcam image over Cerro Armazones in Chile from 16 February 2024, the setting Sun illuminates the first pieces of cladding installed on the ELT dome. The hemispheric structure of the dome will be encased in thermally insulated aluminum cladding to protect the delicate mirrors from the harsh desert environment, enabling the world’s biggest eye on the sky to capture the cosmos in never-before-seen detail for a long time to come.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
1382a5611c26c78a1469088a7d7d72c4b524badd6ba679d1f03465901aa11baa.jpg

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Today's starships 3rd launch attempt was very successful. There is some really incredible video from the flight. Quite entertaining. They lost Telemetry and video during the landing phase so there are no videos of the splashdown in the Indian Ocean but all in all it was a successful test flight. https://www.space.com/spacex-starship-third-test-flight-launch

vapviking

Old & In the Way

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
SpaceX, the aerospace company founded by Elon Musk, launched a Falcon 9 rocket with 22 Starlink satellites from Vandenberg Space Force Base in California around 7:30 p.m. It appeared as a bright, white streak across the night sky to people in the Coachella Valley.

I just happened to be out on mt back deck when it happened. Was way cool.

73024899007-img-8686-1.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Somebody tried to talk me into driving 200 miles south to see this eclipse in totality and somehow I just can't motivate myself for that. Eclipses are really cool, especially in places where there are animals because they all do seem to respond in some way or another, but I'll get about 90% of it here and I have seen them before...

florduh

In 1977, SETI detected the "Wow! Signal". A possible extraterrestrial message.

Kgq2McMPzMkKjFxHoTKwcD-1200-80.jpg

A Netflix series called 3 Body Problem, based on the incredible trilogy of sci-fi novels Remembrance of Earth's Past, comes out tomorrow. In the books, a character replies to the Wow! message. Let's just say this ends up being a bad idea.

Top Bottom