I am designing a new vaporizer

SoThrowd

I am wanting to make a new vaporizer and new vaporizer type. Most of the features are going to be a secret as I thought of some great ideas for a vape. I have the design in my head, now I need to see what I need. Well first off, I want to use 2 heaters, they must be safe, and I want them to be stainless steel. Another thing is I want them be able to run on low power off a battery. Where can I get something I just described.

SoThrowd,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I dunno where you can source those materials but just make sure ecerythin used is rohs compliant. Looking forward to seeing your design. If it's any good, there is a high probabilty I will be one of your first customers

stonemonkey55,

SoThrowd

I am actually going with a fixed temp setup like purple days, but my main goal is portable and stealth :ninja: and safety. This will be no where near like the pd. And I am also going for big huge rips and the ability to attach hoses :brow:.

SoThrowd,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
LOL or you making them cause you work for a vap co or ?LOL anyway good luck post pix of your result ...if it's not too secret :lol:

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
Keeping the features secret will result in little to no interest. I think you mean design and/or construction will be secret. Good luck with it. With all the different designs currently on the market, designing something new that will meet your goals won't be easy.

max,

SoThrowd

max said:
Keeping the features secret will result in little to no interest. I think you mean design and/or construction will be secret. Good luck with it. With all the different designs currently on the market, designing something new that will meet your goals won't be easy.
Well there is a feature that no other vape has, and this one will be the first to have it. I think everyone will like it though. I just thought that if I take everything I struggled with a vaporizer, will be fixed with yet a simple design. This may actually take a while to get this show on the road.

SoThrowd,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Let me guess, you'll be hitting the herb with heat from 'both sides'? Hence the 2 heating elements... ;)

SpiralArchitect,

SoThrowd

SpiralArchitect said:
Let me guess, you'll be hitting the herb with heat from 'both sides'? Hence the 2 heating elements... ;)
I actually changed my mind about that since I want to be energy efficient if I want to run off a battery. Im looking for something that would last long and take less energy. I want to do a stainless steel element, but I can not find anything like that. I also may want to do ceramic, but I dont know what kind of resistor to get. I want this to be perfect, but I already know the prototype is going to have some flaws.

SoThrowd,

SoThrowd

Ok here is where I am at. I have had many brainstorms, I changed up the design alot of times. I am going for portability, and it is still just as effective as home vapes. I want it durable so if you drop it, no worries. It will have a charging stand. It will have a small type design. Its is going to be a really simple design for less malfunctioning parts. There will be an accesory that you can just simply screw on, and it will add a water chamber function and it is still easy to use. There will be a function where you can change out bowls quickly and you vape more and mess with the vaporizer less. It will have a variable temp instead of fixed. The heat source is ceramic, and I will custom fab it to my liking. That is all for now.

SoThrowd,

Frickr

im curious on what yours is gonna look like. ill show you mine if you show me yours ;) haha.

if your anything like me, building this thing takes up all of your free time dreaming of what will work the best.

Frickr,

SoThrowd

lol, actually i have a whip vape and there is manythings I hate about it. These are some of the reasons I hate it: uneven heat distribution, when you set the whip down it spills the herb, changing out bowls, adding a water device just makes everything way more complicated, its bulky and hard to move around especially with that damn whip and hose, and if you drop it, you have to buy a new whip. I just wanted to design a vape so that I can be happy with it completely and also share this experience with everyone else, with a price that is. I wont be able to start this until I get the money, the prototype is going to be some big bucks since most companies companies make stuff in bulk amount for other companies. So buying just one is going to make the price go up.

oh and another thing. I am going with some of the top of the line companies for circuitry and custom parts. And the ceramic I just found some that comes in clay and dries in room temp. It has resistance so there would be heat. But I am still not sure with that type of ceramic. I am actually looking at several different ceramic companies.

SoThrowd,

smokeandskate

seems like you got some good ideas. one thing that i wish a lot of vaporizers had was on the power cable instead of it being fastened to the system have it be able to unplug it from the vape like how dvd players are. although its not a huge thing it seems like this would be good for your since you want it to be portable.

some suggestions i have for you after reading what you want in it is maybe have the power cable like that then also a battery compartment where you can put batteries in it or a special battery. that way you can use it at home or on the go

smokeandskate,

SoThrowd

smokeandskate said:
seems like you got some good ideas. one thing that i wish a lot of vaporizers had was on the power cable instead of it being fastened to the system have it be able to unplug it from the vape like how dvd players are. although its not a huge thing it seems like this would be good for your since you want it to be portable.

some suggestions i have for you after reading what you want in it is maybe have the power cable like that then also a battery compartment where you can put batteries in it or a special battery. that way you can use it at home or on the go
thats part of the plan. I got the design down, I just need to make some money, but I have to recover from surgery before I can work. Soon as I do, I will make a badass prototype.

SoThrowd,

Frickr

show me yours ill show you mine ;) haha i hear you on the money part. i also am trying to build a prototype. wanna go in on building a few different prototypes then gettin something going from there? 2 people should be able to combine resorces a little easier.

Frickr,

HoneyAir

A 'mini-PD' for portability...:cool:

Only if there's some way to have much less power draw and yet be useful... probably not easy at all.

HoneyAir,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
HoneyAir said:
A 'mini-PD' for portability...:cool:

Only if there's some way to have much less power draw and yet be useful... probably not easy at all.
can you even make an electronic vaporizer that runs off of less than 8W's?

:cool: na sorry the pd kicks too much ass

:peace:

Hennessy1414,
Top Bottom