How vaping for indica relaxing effect

freaktech

Hi, with vaporization seems that part of the indicas relaxing couchlock effect is missing VS smoking, this can be bacause the degradation that THC suffer with the combustion exposition that degrades it maybe in cbd, etc. If this would be correct, I have one question.. It is possible that degradating part of my stash exposing them to sun some days achieve more smoking-like effects? (or simply more relaxing effects)

freaktech,

mainah

Terry Carter
have you tried vaping at a little higher temperature? that's how i regulate how many cbd's i get. lower temp = thc buzz only, higher temps add cbd, then cbn, as temp rises. this adds the pain relief and couch lock affect in my experience.
i let the taste be my guide.
hope that helps!

mainah,

lwien

Wow..........never heard of that before.

You loose some of the sedative affects because with vaporizing, you are not getting the full compliment of CBD/CBN's along with not getting the toxins like benzine and carbon monoxide that you get when you smoke. If you want a fuller compliment of CBD/CBN along with more of those toxins while vaping, up your temps to 390-410F, maybe, even a bit higher.

lwien,

freaktech

I heard upping temps too, but I dont understand really, because in many places I find this:

?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point:157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

I vape at 190C (because I have herborizer classic) and that, is designed for reaches the principal cannabinoids (thc, cbd and cbn), this is bacause i thought that the bigger couchlock effect on smoking is due to some degradation process and some thc converts in other cannabinoids.

freaktech,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
personally i vape indicas exclusively, i dont find vapes really diminish the high, but you may be missing the relaxing effect that smoke causes due to the various irritants it posses. so its less of a body rush but more of a mellow relaxed kind of deal that sativas just dont give me :2c:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
freaktech said:
I heard upping temps too, but I dont understand really, because in many places I find this:

cannabidiol (CBD)
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)

I vape at 190C (because I have herborizer classic) and that, is designed for reaches the principal cannabinoids (thc, cbd and cbn), this is bacause i thought that the bigger couchlock effect on smoking is due to some degradation process and some thc converts in other cannabinoids.

Whle those temps may be correct, the temp your vape shows, is not the temp thats going through the herb. Its often displayed lower, so try notching it up bit by bit, until your in that sub-combustion area. You don't want to be charring or blackening the herb at all, but almost close...

Purpl3_Haz3,

luchiano

freaktech said:

cannabidiol (CBD)

Cannabinol (CBN)

Those temperatures are not correct, I think, because on the merck index states, and for years it has been known, thc's boiling point is around 200C but since 2008 or so these new numbers have been thrown around and people have been quoting them when it doesnt even make sense.

If the boiling point was 314f how would people be able to make baked edibles?. Most bake at least 325f for 15-30 minutes which is enough time for the thc to boil away. What is boiling away are the essential oils that give flavor and have mild affects which I think accounts for a lot of the light head highs people mention when they vape at such low temperatures and why they prefer smoking when introduced to vaping.

I think you need to raise the temperature to 385f and inhale slowly so the heat and oxygen can degrade some of the thc into cbn and vape the rest later on in the day or the best way would be to take the cannabis, grind it up real fine, wrap it tightly in some parchment paper and let sit in a preheated oven at 325f for 10-15 minutes to degrade some of the thc into cbn. Make sure you let the wrapped package cool in the fridge for an hour to prevent further degradation which means no potency at all.

This was an old method done to get a relaxing affect when vaporizers started catching on.

Have fun.

luchiano,

crawdad

floatin
luchiano said:
I think you need to raise the temperature [snip] and inhale slowly

i do this as well to achieve a more body stone regardless of what strain i have.

crawdad,

PeaceLuvPot

freaktech said:
Hi, with vaporization seems that part of the indicas relaxing couchlock effect is missing VS smoking, this can be bacause the degradation that THC suffer with the combustion exposition that degrades it maybe in cbd, etc. If this would be correct, I have one question.. It is possible that degradating part of my stash exposing them to sun some days achieve more smoking-like effects? (or simply more relaxing effects)

I don't find this to be true in anyway. I definitely get relaxed, even couch locked from vaping strong Indica's. What I don't get is the drag me down and not let me up that I got from smoking, which is not from Indica or Sativa, but from all the tars and nasty stuff from smoking.

PeaceLuvPot,

luchiano

PeaceLuvpot, I don't think the tars and carcinogens are the main reason why smoking gets you more lethargic than vaping. I think it plays a part but not that much. I think the real reason is that smoking gets more beta-carophyllene released then most people do when they vaporize because they vaporize at lower temperatures then needed to release the carophyllene which boils efficiently at around 460f. You will still have some released at lower temperatures but not what would be released the closer you get to 460f.

I think indicas have more than sativas and this along with other minor essential oils are what give the relaxing affect they give.

luchiano,

meduser#420

Fear & Loathing in FuckCombustion
Using my Verdamper I get the full effect of Indicas probably too much(dopey/sleepy within an hour). With dabuddha I get a cleaner but same effect(dopey as fuck). I try to vape everything out of my meds though. Usually half gram at a sitting.

meduser#420,

luchiano

meduser#420, that is exactly my point. The verdmaper is set to 392F(200C) and if you cover the top portion it can get hotter. I think the reason why people love the verdamper so much besides the water aspect is because he has the temperature set to the temperature to release most thc for you and if you want other cannabinoids released you just cover the top. It is on automatic to achieve a good affect which a lot of people like. I think going so high in temperature scares a lot of people and they never really go high up in temperature besides 385f when they get an adjustable vaporizer and miss a lot of good cannabinoid affects and this puts a lot of people off towards vaporizing.

luchiano,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
luchiano said:
PeaceLuvpot, I don't think the tars and carcinogens are the main reason why smoking gets you more lethargic than vaping. I think it plays a part but not that much. I think the real reason is that smoking gets more beta-carophyllene released then most people do when they vaporize because they vaporize at lower temperatures then needed to release the carophyllene which boils efficiently at around 460f. You will still have some released at lower temperatures but not what would be released the closer you get to 460f.

I think indicas have more than sativas and this along with other minor essential oils are what give the relaxing affect they give.

would this mean we don't get much anti-inflammatory's from vaping?

you suggested in another thread that as a t-break progresses we may have a reaction as we lose the anti-inflammatory effect it was providing...i grasped at that, believing it fits my experience, but if beta-carophyllene "is" the anti-inflammatory component and we don't get any compared to smoking...or is that why i crave it every two hours of every day? hehehe

VWFringe,

PeaceLuvPot

luchiano said:

Well, I could not argue with you, as I do not know the science of it. But one thing I always heard about vaping, before I tried it, was you don't get couch locked. I found that to be misinformation, as I definitely get couch locked from a good indica. Only thing is that effect we are speaking of. I do not get the lethargic, stay groggy feeling afterwards. Its a smooth come down. Whether it be for the reasons I stated, or your more scientific reasoning, I find it to be true. But for anyone that says they don't get couch locked, come vape my Lemon Skunk. :)

PeaceLuvPot,

luchiano

VWFringe said:
luchiano said:

would this mean we don't get much anti-inflammatory's from vaping?

you suggested in another thread that as a t-break progresses we may have a reaction as we lose the anti-inflammatory effect it was providing...i grasped at that, believing it fits my experience, but if beta-carophyllene "is" the anti-inflammatory component and we don't get any compared to smoking...or is that why i crave it every two hours of every day? hehehe

Beta-carophyllene isn't the only anti-inflammatory in cannabis, thc is one and the essential oils are the others and probably more we don't know about. These substances are anti-inflammatory but they aren't as strong as b-carophyllene,cbd, and cbn on the immune system to calm the inflammation so yes if you vape at low temperatures I don't think the affects are that strong although they are still there BUT none of the vaping or smoking is as effective as eating because when you eat cannabis with a good monounsaturated fat with some polyunstaurated fat in it as well as protein and minerals like eating 3-6 oz. of nuts and seeds, the beta-carophyllene can really get into the lymphatic system and calm down inflammation and give the health benefits as well as giving that body high that feels no pain which is because the anti-inflammatory substances are inhibiting the pain causing cytokins and when there is less pain there is more pleasure..

luchiano,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i found the trick for me is to use it at high temp within a few minutes of the first puff, using high temp means over 365*F (as indicated on the HA).

if i wait too long before using higher temps, the effect is less profound.

OO,

picklebarrel

How do the log vapes work for getting the CBDs out of meds? I stopped vaping at one point because I found that I primarily medicate before bed and vaping just didn't get me in the right frame of mind for sleep. I'm looking to get a log vape now though.

picklebarrel,

momatik

picklebarrel said:
How do the log vapes work for getting the CBDs out of meds? I stopped vaping at one point because I found that I primarily medicate before bed and vaping just didn't get me in the right frame of mind for sleep. I'm looking to get a log vape now though.

Log vapes aren't noted for their thorough extraction, generally. A lot of people are happy with the level of extraction they can achieve, but it really varies based on preference and each unit. Even ambient air temp can have an effect on the temperature of log vapes.

To add to this variability, strains vary greatly in terms of moisture content, bud structure, and psychoactive concentrations.

I'd recommend something with a variable temperature (Da Budda, Silver Surfer, HerbalAire, etc.) so you have full control and can adjust the temp appropriately. You also then have the option to extract the lower temp cannabinoids earlier in the day, and then the higher temp more sedative cannabinoids before sleeping.

momatik,

picklebarrel

momatik said:
picklebarrel said:

Log vapes aren't noted for their thorough extraction, generally. A lot of people are happy with the level of extraction they can achieve, but it really varies based on preference and each unit. Even ambient air temp can have an effect on the temperature of log vapes.

To add to this variability, strains vary greatly in terms of moisture content, bud structure, and psychoactive concentrations.

I'd recommend something with a variable temperature (Da Budda, Silver Surfer, HerbalAire, etc.) so you have full control and can adjust the temp appropriately. You also then have the option to extract the lower temp cannabinoids earlier in the day, and then the higher temp more sedative cannabinoids before sleeping.

Hmm. This definitely changes my plans. I was set to pull the trigger on a PD today until I saw this thread and started to remember the main reason I stopped vaping. I love the look and function of log vapes but I guess I'll have to continue doing some research. Thanks for the help!

picklebarrel,

Rico420

picklebarrel said:
momatik said:
picklebarrel said:

Hmm. This definitely changes my plans. I was set to pull the trigger on a PD today until I saw this thread and started to remember the main reason I stopped vaping. I love the look and function of log vapes but I guess I'll have to continue doing some research. Thanks for the help!

I wish i could find a way to have a MFLB PA equivalent for my Woodeez (PD clone) Vape. I have a 12v and 13.5v adapter and can def tell when i use the 13.5v one that i get the couch lock stone. I just wish i could not have to switch between the two adapters to keep the woodeez in my sweet spot. I have a routine to keep it on the 12v, until 5 min before i take my hit then switch it over to 13.5v. After your done hitting put it back on 12v to prevent an overly hot, but not combustion range hit on the next stem. Works pretty good, but i would def appreciate some more range. Anyone have any ideas for simple/cheap either diy or kit/pre-assembled board to variably input power to the PD and clones? I'm thinking just a voltage booster that can take 12v in and output anywhere from 12-20v. Still use the old adapter, just find the parts to connect the power barrel connector to your regulator/booster and the other end to the woodeez.

Rico420,

rotax

Zaporist
momatik said:
picklebarrel said:

On the other hand, I believe log vapes ABV can be more potent when you get to cooking it...or smoking it.

:brow:

rotax,

weedemon

enthusiast
lwien said:
along with not getting the toxins like benzine and carbon monoxide that you get when you smoke.

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
you may be missing the relaxing effect that smoke causes due to the various irritants it posses.

PeaceLuvPot said:
What I don't get is the drag me down and not let me up that I got from smoking, which is not from Indica or Sativa, but from all the tars and nasty stuff from smoking.

these guys sum up my thoughts on the topic, luchiano may be right too, but i wouldn't know :lol: (sounds like he knows what he's talking about though)

picklebarrel said:

consider variable temp vapes m8.

I'd personally recommend the SSV for now till the cloud comes. there are lots of options though. have fun searching and ask lots of q's to help you narrow it down. :)

others i would suggest: the EQ, MFLB-PA, DBV, epicvape (EV-1) looks cool, it has a boost feature for extra extraction at the end.

weedemon,
Top Bottom