How much will a waterpipe cool down my Mighty's vapor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiny_wiener_guy

I have a hard time taking medium-to-large sized draws from my Mighty because it's so hot. Even at 365 degrees, a larger draw is unpleasant for me. I was looking into getting a bong or bubbler for it to help cool the vapor for my lungs. However, some guy on another site said that no bong or bubbler will cool down the Mighty's vapor much more than the its cooling unit already does. Is there any truth to this?

tiny_wiener_guy,
Reactions: blackstone

subway13029

It will add moisture..vapor hits arent hot so dont need cooling so to speak..they are dry so the water will add some moisture in affect making it cool..and yeah its nice to take mighty hits through water but your feiend or qhoever is kinda right that the mighty is already pretty smooth without water. I like all vapes through water..but i actually use the might the least through water for 2 reasons..first being its my on the go vape and there isnt a fully dedicated water attachment..

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I believe an FC member (@Ratchett) makes an attachment that allows both 14mm and 18 mm coupling with glass pieces, and has the extra bonus of fitting many mouthpieces of vape pens, straw-like (I-Olite) vapes, etc. : http://delta3dstudios.com/nearly-universal-vape-to-waterpipe-adapter-medium/.

It is the Bee's Knees.

And try hot water from the tap: hits through hot water can retain more moisture which conditions the hit a little better. Give it a try...

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It's good to also rely on more than one vaporizer. You might also be thinking about a back up vaporizer with an all glass air path. Something on the lines of a log vape.

Water filtration will take some flavor from your vapor but it sounds like that is what you are going to need to cool down the Mighty. I don't have a Mighty myself but have several other vaporizers.

blackstone

I also find the Mighty can get a little hot-ish if you're sucking a lot or at high temps.
It's not as uncomfortable as some vapes I've tried, but "hot vape mouth" is a thing I try and avoid nowadays and it turns me off cheaper, smaller vapes or the likes of the Grasshopper, though I have not tried it yet.
@CarolKing is right that glass seems to have a cooling effect and I'd like to know if those glass Mighty mouthpieces work in that respect, as I think they claim to. I'll try find a link for you:
https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/mighty-crafty-easyflow-glass-mouthpiece.html

Then something I did a while back with other vapes, I had this plastic medical tubing 2 or 3 feet long. Well I got another one lately and I tried it on the Mighty, ooh it was nice!
I was able to lie back in bed with tasty cool vapor on hose feed!
It will never be too hot at the end of the whip even at high temps.
And it should only cost you you pennies, depending on how fancy you want it to look/taste!
Call into any auto store or maybe cattle/equestrian supplies place, or if you know someone working in a hospital they could find you some.
Could also buy a whip at any vape store, Magic Flight do them or Arizer for EQ

wrigleyvillain

A Song of Ice and Vapor
It can help especially if you use a straight tube stacked with ice cubes...but the main reason I use a WPA w/ a dry herb vape is to get much bigger hits per draw.

wrigleyvillain,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Water always helps to moisturise hits but at the expense of flavour. Warm water gives the smoothest results.

VapourHaze,

Tommy10

Water always helps to moisturise hits but at the expense of flavour. Warm water gives the smoothest results.

Pretty much how I see it.
Hot water + cube in a catcher = bliss!
However the stem melts them much quicker so it's a sometimes treat!

Tommy10,

tiny_wiener_guy

Thanks everyone for your input. I am going to hold off purchasing glass for now.

I'm new here. What is the etiquette on the OP addressing the entire posts' replies, like I'm doing now? To just write a reply like I did or should I edit my original post to have it be at the top of the page? I couldn't find an edit button.

tiny_wiener_guy,

jdent3

The water pipe will cool it slightly but the hotness you experience is from the vapor being dry and irritating rather than hot. Even with my bag vape I get that harshness. My favorite water adapter for the Mighty is the extreme q gong. The tubing attaches perfectly to the Mighty mouthpiece and the gong end goes in the wate pipe. It comes in 14mm or 18mm. The best part about water is it moisturizes the vapor which makes it less irritating

MoltenTiger

I just stumbled upon this
Mighty_Crafty_Bubbler_Storz_Bickel_space_cadet_spacedetglass_spillproof_spilless_dabblr_vaporizer.jpg

http://spacecadetglass.bigcartel.com/product/mighty-crafty-bubbler-mouthpiece

looks promising!

sanfranciscosadhu

That looks simply terrific Molten Tiger! And thanks for posting it. I hate to pay $19 for shipping though and having it come all the way from Australia. Wondering if something like this is available locally made?
If not may have to order it anyway LOL

sanfranciscosadhu,

MoltenTiger

That looks simply terrific Molten Tiger! And thanks for posting it. I hate to pay $19 for shipping though and having it come all the way from Australia. Wondering if something like this is available locally made?
If not may have to order it anyway LOL
No worries, I have used a cone piece made by space cadet, and it was designed and made extremely well.

I have no experience with this, but I did show it to a mate with a Mighty, so might be able to get a little review sometime in the future...

Don't forget the AUD to USD conversion, makes the 50 + 19 shipping price $54 USD currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom