How much to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamloco724

If you saw my original thread I'm new to smoking in general, I'm doing it for medical purposes.

With help from people here I decided on the Boundless CFX, I now have that and herb in hand.

Total noob, so how much do I grind up for a session? How do I figure that out? Also while I'm at it what is the ideal temp? Is there a chart or explanation of benefits of different temperatures?

Iamloco724,
Reactions: C No Ego

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Start by grinding a small nug or two. I like to fill the CFX about half full with a light tamp on the top. You can fill it with just a pinch or to the top, it is very forgiving. It just puts out vapor no matter what it seems.

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Dont know how big the boundless chamber is but looks like a mighty ... if your new to mj then that will get you very high.

Grind a small amount and put a pinch in the chamber. Start low in the temp take a couple of pulls and wait for 10 mins it can take a while to come on.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Lower temperatures (360-390) you'll get a more heady, thoughtful, coffee like effect.
The Higher temps (up to 440, but thats high) will give you a more sedative effect.

Just pack a pinch, probably half full, turn on to a lower temp, inhale slowly, don't take too big of a hit or it can go to your head a little too fast sometimes. Take a hit or two, wait 10-20 minutes as someone mentioned. You'd be surprised how little you need sometimes.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Sorry I didn't have much time to write earlier, I was at a movie and it was starting.

There is not right temperature for everyone, it depends on what you are trying to accomplish medically. Since you are new you might want to start low temp but that won't help pain much. It could make anxiety worse even.

This thread has a lot of info about different temperatures: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporization-temperature-dependent-selection-of-effects.1637/

Basically what @AJS said is right, the thread just goes into more detail with more specific info.

Whatever you do, go slow. You don't have to finish a chamber. Just take a few hits and turn off the CFX, wait 10 minutes like @VapourHaze said. If you're not medicated enough do it again.

Iamloco724

Thanks for the info. How do I know when my bud in the chamber is done and no longer usable?

Iamloco724,

HD Springer

Thanks for the info. How do I know when my bud in the chamber is done and no longer usable?

It's up the the user. Some people are done when the flavor goes south. Some like to go until it quits giving off vapor. Entirely up to the users wants and needs.
Some will set it at a desired temp say 380 and then when it's done giving off vapor your done. Some like to temp step and take everything the plant has to offer but at incremental steps. Other like to set it at say 420 and just grip it and rip it. Up to you.
Good luck and welcome to FC.

ktmstick

Hello there. For a noob I wouldn't even fill chamber half full. I'd put enough to cover bottom of chamber, then a spacer. Heat set at 180-190c and draw slowly ½ to ¾ of a breath. 1st one will be mainly flavour. Then take 2 more which should have more vapor to them. As stated above stop there, you can do the process again with more herb or more temp if not satisfied. You can't unvape if you over do it.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
For me, the first number of times mj didn't affect me: I thought it was the power of suggestion that was making my friends goofy. It wasn't until months after occasionally using, I saw the light. Much like Rev. Jim in Taxi, when he tasted his 1st marijuana brownie at Harvard, and went all slack-face. A new user was born.

Last edited:

turk

turk
[QUOTE="macbill, post: 1008687, member: 584"Much like Rev. Jim in Taxi, when he tasted his 1st marijuana brownie at Yale, and went all slack-face. A new user was born.[/QUOTE]
...always GREAT to get a "taxi" reference...good knowledge man...

turk,

Iamloco724

Here's another question so say I don't use everything I put in the chamber but it's already been heated, how do I store it do I leave it in there or seperate it from the untouched stash?

Iamloco724,
Reactions: waxdab23

waxdab23

Here's another question so say I don't use everything I put in the chamber but it's already been heated, how do I store it do I leave it in there or seperate it from the untouched stash?

That's referred to as ABV (Already been vaped). If it's not fully spent and you want to save it to vape later, you can store it in a small mason jar. If I were saving ABV, then personally I would definitely keep it separate from my fresh stash. But I've read on here others say they sprinkle it in to their fresh bud to add volume.

People also use ABV to make all kinds of stuff like edibles, lotions, etc.

Iamloco724

That's referred to as ABV (Already been vaped). If it's not fully spent and you want to save it to vape later, you can store it in a small mason jar. If I were saving ABV, then personally I would definitely keep it separate from my fresh stash. But I've read on here others say they sprinkle it in to their fresh bud to add volume.

People also use ABV to make all kinds of stuff like edibles, lotions, etc.

Thanks!

Iamloco724,
Reactions: waxdab23

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Depending on how much is left you can leave it in the chamber and still revape it later. It is possible to medicate several times with one chamber if your tolerance is low.

Vapor_Eyes,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom