How much less do you consume since vaporizing?

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I usually don't deal in large quantities - typically a Q or H at most. I've had this current batch (Q) for around three weeks now, and I'm about 3/4 of the way through it. I really can't remember how much I'd use when I was purely combusting, but I do remember that my old dealer was a friend who I usually saw every week to two weeks, and I'd almost always pickup then.

How about you?

kingofnull,

lwien

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I usually don't deal in large quantities - typically a Q or H at most. I've had this current batch (Q) for around three weeks now, and I'm about 3/4 of the way through it. I really can't remember how much I'd use when I was purely combusting, but I do remember that my old dealer was a friend who I usually saw every week to two weeks, and I'd almost always pickup then.

How about you?

My consumption was cut in half when I went from smoking to vaping using a VaporGenie and a DBV. When I went to the Purple Days, my consumption was cut in half again.

lwien,

lwien

wow, cut in half again with PD... why?

Because it allowed me and encouraged me to use half the amount of weed that I used in my other vapes. Packed a stem with 0.025g, able to get 5 nice hits from that amount, while realizing that I really didn't want to pack another stem because I was high enough, which not only made it SUPER efficient, but also kept my tolerance in check No other vape, be it the VaporGenie, the Buddha, the Ion, the Iolite or the MFLB did that for me.

I've been smoking/vaping weed for over 38 years, and even though I vape every single night right now, a gram will last me over a month.

hmm... I've been thinking of pulling the trigger on a PD. I mean, I knew log vapes were effecient, but I had no idea they were that efficient!

I've definitely felt my tolerance go through the roof since buying my Extreme Q.

kingofnull,

lwien

hmm... I've been thinking of pulling the trigger on a PD. I mean, I knew log vapes were effecient, but I had no idea they were that efficient!

It was for me as well as many others, but that's not to say that it will prove that efficient for everyone.

btw, PD is no longer in business. Neither is it's sister cousin, the Aromazap. Heard good things about the Underdog though. Might want to check them out.

lwien,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
My consumption went down as well, but it was also a conscious effort for me as well.

When I had my original MyrtleZap consumption went way down (as lwien stated) and even when I flipped back and forth with my other vapes, my consumption is still WAY less than when I combusted. Nowdays, I use my MFLB as its my most conservative and it all but FORCES me to slow down and enjoy the session. I use less, but tend to get much more out of it (at the cost of taking more time to do so)

AGBeer,

bigtvapes

I pack both my Puffit and my DBV pretty well and I still seem to go through the same amount of stuff I did when I was smoking. Although I'm vaping a lot right now, because I've had more time off recently and less things to do. And I just started maybe two weeks ago so it's like a new toy I've been playing with a whole lot.

The one advantage as far as conservation goes is the ABV. I haven't done anything yet, although I'm going to try my hand at baking with col infused oil I found someone talking about on FC. Keeping my fingers crossed but my expectations low. Point is, being able to do anything at all with ABV beats the hell out of smoking, where all of your used materials is nothing but ash, literally.

bigtvapes,

ld

Haven't posted much on here although I do lurk and try and learn as much as possible. Been smoking for over 40 years and around a year and a half ago I purchased a mflb and haven't smoked since. I love it, use much less product. I still don't quite know when I should dump my trench? I find that my buzz comes on gradually and I can't always tell til after I wait and don't feel anything. The taste and heat are pretty much the same after my first hit, so how do you all know? I dont want to dump it too early or too late? The color doesn't seem to be the deciding factor either. Help?

Thx
Larry

ld,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
On regular days, I'll vape almost 1/4 per day vaping as opposed to smoking. On the bad days when I have incredibly bad pain and I just can't deal with it, it may go up to 1/2 of what I was smoking. I started with 10 grams at the beginning of the month, and I have enough right now to last me until September. I also have about an ounce of ABV that I want to make into something, either edibles or oil.

Haven't posted much on here although I do lurk and try and learn as much as possible. Been smoking for over 40 years and around a year and a half ago I purchased a mflb and haven't smoked since. I love it, use much less product. I still don't quite know when I should dump my trench? I find that my buzz comes on gradually and I can't always tell til after I wait and don't feel anything. The taste and heat are pretty much the same after my first hit, so how do you all know? I dont want to dump it too early or too late? The color doesn't seem to be the deciding factor either. Help?

Thx
Larry

Hey bud, sorry I missed your post! With vaporizing, you decide when you want it to be done, be it 4 hits or 14.

Here is a picture that was posted on another site that I moderate, which I then brought here (and has subsequently been added to the Vaporpedia article on the LB.) The thing that affects me the most regarding when I want to be done with a load is going by the taste. There's a point where the vapors start tasting like slightly burned popcorn, and then it starts to get worse and worse. Usually I'll stop there and load a fresh one if I want more. It's entirely subjective and a personal choice. I know of some people here who only take 3-5 rips and then load a new trench, and some people who vape it down to the color of dark chocolate.

As for the gradual buzz thing, that's the nature of vaporization. It takes a little longer to absorb as opposed to smoking, so you get a much more gentle taper up and taper down instead of getting really high really fast. You can totally overdo it with a vape and get uncomfortably high, as I have before with my own LB. What you might want to do next time you go to vaporize is this: take 3 hits as uniformly as possible, and set the vape down. Give it 20 minutes to see how you are doing. Not medicated enough? Go for another few rips. Feeling perfect? Well, now you know that you'll need around 3 hits to get going. I do this with every batch I get, I'll take a few test hits, usually between 3-7 and see how I feel with that.

Part of the fun of vaporizers is seeing how differently the same plant can affect you. I have the power adapter so I tend to start on the lower end of the power spectrum, and then work my way up. I can pick up a good hybrid (I'll usually go for the 50/50's) and keep the power low enough to get sativa effects and come back to it later and crank the power up and get some indica out of it. You can't really get this out of smoking!

Also, congratulations on the switch!

LBgrind.jpg

Quetzalcoatl,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Here is a picture that was posted on another site that I moderate, which I then brought here (and has subsequently been added to the Vaporpedia article on the LB.)

That is a great illustration and if you know anything more about the originator, please let me know so I can add proper credit to the MFLB article.

pakalolo,
Reactions: Vicki

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
That is a great illustration and if you know anything more about the originator, please let me know so I can add proper credit to the MFLB article.
I wish I could help you, paka, but unfortunately one of the things that appeals to the site I moderate is its anonymity. It was a random user on a board with a randomly assigned name. The site in question is 420chan, however I've also seen that picture on other websites, so I would think it's hard to pinpoint it.

Quetzalcoatl,

bigtvapes

When smoking, I always used a coarse grind and I would say after I grind down to what I use in my Puffit, it's just as much if not more material then I used when smoking. Going from coarse grind to fine grind cuts the surface area of my material in half. So if I'm packing MORE surface area with MORE finely ground herb material, I don't see how I can possibly save any material switching over, outside of just using less.

That said, I do plan to use my ABV which is MASSIVE. I just don't know what o do with it all yet.

bigtvapes,
Top Bottom