How healthy is vaping - irritated lungs etc.

ntaylor

Un-Known Member
I don't have money to buy more vapes so I am kind of worried. If I choose a wrong thing and end up not liking it before I know it 5 more years passed by with me smoking before I have another wake up call. I'm just an idiot like that.
Try before you buy!

Narrow down your choices by eliminating the obviously unsuitable, then ask questions on the appropriate FC vaporizer thread.

Go to a lot of parties and ask to try a hit or two from vaporizers that interest you ... (with YOUR herb) ... and ask about experiences.

My suggestion to consider is the Magic-Flight Launch Box; about $120 and under $200 with a matching water pipe with whips and adapters. Drawbacks: (1) most people require practice to learn how to use the MFLB effectively, and (2) if you want to get really blasted with an on your butt high, it takes more work (not more bud) with the MFLB. It's better suited for light, airy buzzes.

Take care, and choose well!

joker

Congrats on taking the plunge @joker !! I wish you an easy conversion to vapors like mine was. I too just couldnt ignore the after effects of smoking anymore, and still feel good about getting high :smug:. Going from +-0.2g joints to +-0.07g bowls was an unexpected bonus. Reading fc gave me a good exemple to follow and a community to support me along the way. I think you are on the right track.

I love it so far, it's really easy to adapt to, I miss smoking sometimes but I'm sure that'll go away after a few weeks. I vape and bake and feel great the rest of the day! For the past years if I smoked a joint in the first few hours of the day I would simply be immobilized all day - not shower, eat or do anything at all except sit at the pc.

davesmith

Glass Blower
Bruv come from a similar place its a constant battle but vapi g is the way forward. Take these guys advice and try to get off the baccy. Good luck pal

davesmith,
Reactions: kahlilhc

dos equis

If it doesn't stop happening that might be a good idea, although with a chest infection my experience is that any type of vaping or smoking is pretty much impossible. :p

I searched around a bit and found that some people have experienced the same issue and most say it's related to the heat and dryness of vapor. I am gonna retrieve my F-bomb from a friend to add some water in the mix to see if that will make it less harsh on my lungs.
Just to update incase anyone else looking for info stumbles over this - vaping through some water is completely fine. Gotta love the F-bomb! :D

dos equis,
Reactions: ReggieB

imtp

So I'm really curious. One guy above went from 14 to 1 gram a week, I can hardly believe that. I read 1000's of comments so far on forums and 80% discuss how it's possible they don't get so high from vaping compared to combusting and why it doesn't last as long.. only a handful say they actually get properly baked.

Most stories I read people use twice as much weed now and still don't get the same long lasting buzz. From the times I tried I didn't get really stoned but more high, I could maybe start appreciating it more.

I do remember after smoking the volcano I walked outside and it was like my body was half the weight and I was kind of floating, instead of having gravity feel like it's 10x than normal. It was pretty interesting and probably better for social settings than regular smoking. I prefer to smoke alone at my pc though and I like to be buzzed then.

Also last, I was looking at portables and non portables. Are the non portables that much better? I was going to use it 80% of the times at home anyway, and if they are I can live with not vaping outside.

Was mainly looking at Pax 2 and Arizer Solo. For at home the Arizer Extreme Q or V-Tower looked nice.

I'm new to vaping (only 1 or 2 months long) and am no stranger to combusting. I certainly felt a significant difference between the two. The high definitely hit not just me, but the 9 other people I have shared the vaporizer with. I sure did reduce my consumption, but not as drastic as 14g to 1g per week.

I use a portable device and have no reference for desktop variants, but I am QUITE satisfied with the money I put down on my device. But if you mainly use at home, then just get a desktop version. They are reportedly more efficient than portable devices.

imtp,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Without nicotene in the mix I find the urge to vape is less than it was to smoke. If that makes sense. I think when you make the transition to vaping and cutting out nicotene is how people save so much. I used to smoke a joint every hour, now I vape a basket every 2 hours. I stay high longer now and can appreciate a true high, not carbon monoxide poisening and oxygen deprivation.

In short I think most time I wanted a joint, I actually wanted nicotene. So my consumption has gone from 7 grams a week easily, to about 2 to 3 grams a week now. That's less than half, and I'm new to vaping so am still experimenting, and using generous amounts of flowers, but I can just vape 0.2 a night and be satisfied.

ReggieB

It makes perfect sense, once you start vaping and leaving tobacco behind, you start to find out exactly what's driving your habit, was it that you really wanted to bake all day? or do you just naturally not want to smoke tobacco and steer away from it by just smoking doobies but the tobacco convinces you that you need another doobie...

Once you can abstract it all out and see what's what, the habit changes and your attitude as well.

Top Bottom