How healthy is vaping - irritated lungs etc.

Chill Dude

How much is 1 bowl, 0.1 gram?

I roll 3-4 joints with 1 gram weed (2/3rd cig per joint) and I believe they are like 50 hits each.. didn't count but definately a lot... I do 30 min with the first, 1 hour with the 2nd, 2 hours with the 3rd etc. cause I'm too stoned to smoke more.

My tolerance isn't that high right now (at least compared to before, I was at a point where 1a 0.5 gram joint of the strongest stuff would barely give a buzz) 1 gram keeps me high for 8+ hours.

How about doing 2 giant dabs in 5 minutes to keep you high for 3 or 4 hours? Or perhaps you like the art of smoking/vaping for long periods of time...but if you want to stay away from concentrates invest in quality desktop vape the Cloud Evo seems to be a good choice for the heavy hitter past smoker crowd. As an added plus, you can get a very nice hydro tube for water filtration specifically made for that device.. Your throat and lungs will thank you haha...check the Evo out in the desktop vape section of this forum...

Chill Dude,

hackslasher

Bowl size depends on the vape. Like underdogs nylon stem is only like a .05-.1 kinda bowl and can easily get +50 hits from a gram plus the convince to take the hits when I want and not having to worry about weed burning a way. The mightys like a .1-.25 size bowl but come with an oil pad so can but in any amount long as cover bottom screen. Have to worry about constant cooking of the herb though. Lily probably same size as mighty and what truly got me to stop combusting weed (though didn't have underdog at the time). She, I say, is the best I have to replicating smoking with her throat hits and all. May not be best choice for you since want to avoid throat irration. For that I suggest listening to chill dude about the whip or water piece. Anything that has a longer vape path so the vapor can be a bit cooler and easier on the throat

ReggieB

The bowl size depends on you and the vaporizer's capacity, trying to work out the hits on a doob and make it meaningful is like trying to nail jello to a tree ;) And if they can't get baked off a sensible bowl (.2) then they're doing it wrong or have built up a tolerance or have weak content.

joker

How about doing 2 giant dabs in 5 minutes to keep you high for 3 or 4 hours? Or perhaps you like the art of smoking/vaping for long periods of time...but if you want to stay away from concentrates invest in quality desktop vape the Cloud Evo seems to be a good choice for the heavy hitter past smoker crowd. As an added plus, you can get a very nice hydro tube for water filtration specifically made for that device.. Your throat and lungs will thank you haha...check the Evo out in the desktop vape section of this forum...

I'd get uncomfortable stoned. It's pretty strong weed and the max I can smoke is 1 gram in a 6-8 hour session. I smoke the first 0.3 gram joint pretty fast though.

Cloud Evo seems nice but I don't have that kind of money now. Azir Extreme Q seems to be the best choice for it's price? Or can you recommend something else

joker,

ReggieB

I was doing less than you in a doobie, I'm still learning my routine with my portable vape (ecapple iv-1), the bowl on mine takes around .2-.3 but that is enough to get me right there, really quick if I pull it til it's done, it's also enough to fill, take a couple of hits from, set it aside and come back to it when I want more.

Mine also comes with a mini bubbler, I like to start a bowl without the bubbler, getting nice flavour, then towards the end of the bowl when things are getting a little harsh, I'll put the bubbler on to tame it down :)

So that's one thing no one's really mentioned yet about vaping... Flavour, you get it all back, buckets of the stuff and all without that insipid stench of tobacco smoke clinging to everything and masking it, even an oily, well used vape bowl has a nice sweet tinge to it.

I wanted my portable to replace doobies and it looks like it's going to do that, to be fair, I think almost all of the portables will do that, it just depends on whether the ritual of using a particular vape will suit you or not, so I suggest taking a look at videos of stuff in use before you decide, between portables and desktops there are many different methods for vaping.

My ecapple for example is simple, grind your content, fill the chamber, screw the mouthpiece on, press the heater button, wait 30 seconds and you're ready to rock and roll. Maintenance is also simple, qtips and some iso to clean the chamber and the screens, little bit of iso in the bubbler and a shake to sort that out.

Chill Dude

I'd get uncomfortable stoned. It's pretty strong weed and the max I can smoke is 1 gram in a 6-8 hour session. I smoke the first 0.3 gram joint pretty fast though.

Cloud Evo seems nice but I don't have that kind of money now. Azir Extreme Q seems to be the best choice for it's price? Or can you recommend something else

I hear a lot of positives about the Silver Surfer desktop. I think there's also the new Super Silver Surfer out now as well.. Quality product which would be more in your price range than the Coud EVO and my personal favorite "The Herbalizer". Check those out on their respective threads.

Bottom line is you have to decide if you really need a portable. If you are always on the go and need something discrete to hit on all day, then maybe u need a portable. However, if not, go with a desktop... More power, usually much bigger herb chamber and last but not least a longer vapor path which will make the hits less harsh and irritating to your throat.

joker

I was doing less than you in a doobie, I'm still learning my routine with my portable vape (ecapple iv-1), the bowl on mine takes around .2-.3 but that is enough to get me right there, really quick if I pull it til it's done, it's also enough to fill, take a couple of hits from, set it aside and come back to it when I want more.

Mine also comes with a mini bubbler, I like to start a bowl without the bubbler, getting nice flavour, then towards the end of the bowl when things are getting a little harsh, I'll put the bubbler on to tame it down :)

So that's one thing no one's really mentioned yet about vaping... Flavour, you get it all back, buckets of the stuff and all without that insipid stench of tobacco smoke clinging to everything and masking it, even an oily, well used vape bowl has a nice sweet tinge to it.

I wanted my portable to replace doobies and it looks like it's going to do that, to be fair, I think almost all of the portables will do that, it just depends on whether the ritual of using a particular vape will suit you or not, so I suggest taking a look at videos of stuff in use before you decide, between portables and desktops there are many different methods for vaping.

My ecapple for example is simple, grind your content, fill the chamber, screw the mouthpiece on, press the heater button, wait 30 seconds and you're ready to rock and roll. Maintenance is also simple, qtips and some iso to clean the chamber and the screens, little bit of iso in the bubbler and a shake to sort that out.

To be honest I LOVE the taste of tobacco+weed. Everything else I find disguisting (pipes, bongs, pure joints). I thought vaping tasted ok but not better than a normal joint for me. I need to get rid of that shit though *rolls joint*

So my vape shop does not have the silver surfer unfortunately, I read a lot about it.

I have the following choices (I decided to go for 250 euro max):

Herborizer Sphere (229euro)
Plenty (239 euro)
Arizer Extreme Q (199 euro)

I was still looking a bit at portables because you can smoke weed at most partys here and I would definately miss that.. but seeing how most people say it's harsh on the throat I'm not sure it's that good for me.

Note I always got an irritated throat with smoking even before I damaged it, so it won't go away after I quit smoking. I couldn't even drink bubbles as a kid my whole life, it just irritated my throat too much. However joints with tobacco and cigarettes themselves don't provide that much trouble, just some lung pain at the moment from over doing it I think.

I've been reading a bit on vapecritic (that site seems legit?) and I saw some of his comments where he said portable and desktop vapes are basically the same quality nowadays and it just depends what you prefer. I'm not a fan of the balloons by the way.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I too used to love the taste of a tobacco joint, and at first the vape did not compare.

But now after 8 weeks of the switch from combustion to vaping, I much prefer the floral deliciousness of my milky vapour from my modded Eq.

I have tried a few pulls of a friends joint at about the 4 week point. And it was a massive anti climax. Wasn't at all how I remember it. It was dry and bland. And too sickly sweet.

I enjoy the array of floral and woody flavours I can achieve by vaping.

FUCK COMBUSTION !

I cannot advise on which vape to pick as I have only ever used my eq with some mods. But I have to say it's hard to see how any rival machine could be much better. Specially not for the price.

Tommy10

Pick up a new solo cheap, a gong and a $30 bubbler off dhgate to help smooth things out and keep the throat from drying out? I dunno where you are located but that should come in under $180 usd.
Even something like a crafty or pax some session portable, but maybe one that will fit a small hydro tube? I find it reallllly helps with the dryness.

joker

Yeah I hope that will happen for me as well. I've already accepted I'll need to be patient and get used to it, hopefully I never want to go back after a few weeks. The Crafty actually looks really nice.. it's a bit over budget but seems well worth it.

Last edited:
joker,

joker

Alright will do some more research.. so many choices and different opinions..

joker,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I know it's baffling. I researched and lurked here on FC for a good 2 months before deciding on my eq.

Battery tech is just not up to standard yet for my amount of usage. And I only really vape at home, hense why I chose the eq. There is a battery pack and carry case available for it if you wanted to take it out. But I am about to buy an arizer solo for my out and about vape.

Making the switch is the best thing i could have done. I can't recommend it enough. Its really put the magic back in my life with regards to the herb. Being able to dial in different effects and tastes is a game changer for me.

joker

Yeah I want to make the switch within 24 hours and never touch normal joints or cigarettes ever again. I am out of breath and sweating after running a few minutes and my lung hurts almost 24/7 now.. it's pathetic. I really like being able to smoke at partys though from time to time so I'll probably go for the Solo or Crafty.. depending on what my salary is tomorrow.

joker,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Oh man I feel for you. How old are you? (If you dont mind). I'm so glad I don't feel like that at the end of the night anymore.
I'm excited for you. Wish I was buying a new vape tomorrow. I keep spending all my money on new glass mods for my eq. But I justify that by the amount of money iv saved on tobacco and weed. Iv gone from over an Oz a month, to half oz a month. Not so much weed anymore now that i cultivate. And I get higher than ever before. Win win.

If it's a choice between the crafty or solo I would pick the solo.

1. For the price.
2. Iv heard bad things about the crafty battery life.
3. Iv heard bad things about a plastic taste from the crafty. Where as the solo has an all glass path.
4. I think I just love arizer.

I will say that when you make the switch, it really helps to completely fuck combustion. To help your cilia in your lungs repair and to truly appreciate the vapour smoke needs to go.

I didn't find this too hard as the eq really satisfies smoking urge. I take a nice hit and it tickles my throat and takes my breath away ( I used to love it when a huge joint did this ). Then 5 mins later I am buzzing nicely for a good 2 hours.

I'm teasing myself now, I wanna go home and vape. But I need to work to buy more vaping stuff. Aaaaa think I got vas.

Vaping kicks arse. Join the club. And don't give up on giving up combustion.

joker

I'm 26, 1.88 at 76 kg, but my lungs feel like I'm 80 I'm just afraid to get a photo cause I feel like I have some kind of disease. I like smoked really insane amounts for years rolling super blunts with 5-10 gram etc. wasn't a special occasion.. combined with 1-2 packs cigs a day. And also only the strongest weed I could get (which is pretty powerful here, I can't even handle 1 joint of that stuff nowadays)

I had a pretty big problem but had the money for it at the time.. I think I spent 20k a year on weed for years.. altough I didn't smoke it all my own, maybe half, I gave away lot of stuff.

I'm only smoking daily again for 2-3 months but it hurts so bad.. but I work my ass off right now and just NEED to smoke after work.. can't help it. I can't actually believe what I did to myself though but.. here I am.

I'm going for a Solo tomorrow I think. But still doubting a lot about a desktop one.. I see great things about E-Nano, Plenty and Extreme Q.. hmm..

Last edited:

Scott A

Just my :2c: dont waste your time with the solo. As a former smoker it will definitely leave you wanting more in the vapor department. Might as well go for a desktop or a portable that can really push out a lot of vapor like a mighty or minivap.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I completely agree with @Scott A. If your gonna spend that much, and your a heavy smoker, get a desktop first (eq).

20k a year if fucking insane. No disrespect, but that's mad. No wonder you feel 80. You will not be able to vape that much herb, there just isn't enough time in a day. So you will save some money.

Then with the money you save, next month buy a solo, crafty, or mighty.

I'm surprised your 26, I was thinking you were 50ish with 30 years of smoking behind you from how you was talking.

If you do decide to buy the eq, which is cheaper than others, spend the spare money on the @DDave kit. It really completes the machine. And will give you that kick you will need as a heavy smoker.

Can't wait to see what you decide on.

joker

I'm not smoking that much now. That was about 5 years ago (from 16-21 or so). Last years I've smoked about a gram a day on average, which is like 3k a year. At the moment I smoke 1-1.5 on off days and 0.5 on work days.

joker,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
A gram a day still ends up at a quarter a week. That's what I smoked.

Now I only use an eighth a week. And that's being generous.
I cultivate, so I have no need to be economical. I know if I wanted to I could get down to 0.3 a day and still be comfortably high. Caus I do some nights.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Dude I'm exited for you. Where do you live? I can't just walk into a store to make my purchases. I have to order and wait weeks and pay import tax and customs duty. I bet your smoking like a trooper today as it's your last day.

kellya86,

joker

Netherlands. We can buy whatever we want here pretty easily ;)

I don't smoke that much today. I've already "quit" so many times so it's not really special now. I just have new hope I will get through it this time.

joker,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
This site and the kind folk here helped me on so many levels. From basic advice to just being there when I had a craving, I would just come on here and read some posts and realise how pointless combustion was. And by then the urge had passed.

Edit. Just a thought. My one criticism of this site is something I have just done.

Everybody is quick to tell you how much money you will save on herb.
But not so quick to tell you that you will probably spend that saved money, and more on bits of glass and accessories and new vapes.

Basicly I'm saying don't be so worried about choosing your first vape. I'm sure you will end up with more very soon anyway .

Back on topic, I think the thread title may be wrong. Isn't it just the throat that gets irritated. Not the lungs.?

Last edited:

joker

I don't have money to buy more vapes so I am kind of worried. If I choose a wrong thing and end up not liking it before I know it 5 more years passed by with me smoking before I have another wake up call. I'm just an idiot like that.

joker,
Top Bottom