How far can you take edibles?

Tommy10

Tried edibles a 5 or 6 times, usually with other people having the same dose it more, I have never felt like I have truely experienced the edible experience, even when with friends eating the same brownies I just get a slight buzz, tried eating 3G of vaped weed and nothing, plus made some fire crackers (.5 each) the other week, my mate had two and was what he considered his top 3 most high (although he is a relative lightweight) had four and just could not get there :(. I'm sick of making edibles just to be disappointed so I have a few ideas.
First idea, take a week long tolerance break then try a 1g's worth of cooked bud, don't really want the break. The kther was just cooking 7g into some butter and making 3 brownies from it trying one or two and seeing how that goes.
Guess my question is, using mid range bud what would you consider the upper limit of a good time? Never once had a negative experience with mj or felt like I was too high, but don't want to eat 7g of bud if it is plain as day stupid to do? Anyone else here tried huge amounts of edibles (remembering this is australia so you could almost half the THC level of decent North American bud) I hear eating it can get very psychedelic, which I want. Pretty experienced with lsd and mushrooms, eaten 15+g before while others were tripping off an 1/8th, and still wouldn't consider It tripping balls, which upsets me greatly :(
I really really realllllly want to have a good go at edibles, and I have been increasing my dosages every time but getting frustrated with making a batch, eating it waiting 2 hours to see and being disappointed.Obviously tolerance is an issue but surely a decent amount straight out of the gate would override that?
Anyone out there with a high tollerance or just a love for over consuming gods given fungus and flowers (highly regarded pass times of mine!) please help a brother out! I wanna be stuck on the couch thinking I'm trapped in bubble and the worlds ending!

Tommy10,

IamBenito

Formerly me2
i wouldnt even bother with herb for anything other than flavor.
kick comes from the hash in a good edible with any level of consistent dosage for heads to enjoy.
can you get or make any oil?

take oil and get some lecithin from a neo-hippy food store.
put 3g of oil in a double boiler or mug in microwave 10 sec at a time and get it warm stir in the lecithin bout a tsp full.
mix in a tbs of coconut oil.
let it all cool down.
do the half by half by half cutting scientific dose finding type math thing.
figure .05g as a good start dose baseline type place.

take 1 dose first thing in the morning on a clean head and empty gut. i like mine in the coffee.
tomorrow double it.
repeat till floored.

some folks have different gut mojo going and truly get nothing from edibles.
some of us just need a bigger kick to get started.

Tommy10

Cheers, heading back away for work for 8 weeks and staying in a hotel. I think basic brownies willbe hard enough but will try making some oil some day:). Think I might just go for it, tried the cautious approach and getting over it. I'm thinking maybe turn 7grams into butter and just eat the butter? Will do it at night obviously, the night before a day off. I just want to experience this edibles high I hear so much about.

Tommy10,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
If I missed it :doh:, what kind of tolerance do you have? How much herb used during high temp vaping to get baked?

If you have the herb available and a temp adjustable vape, you can try the following...

Vape the amount that normally gets you baked, but don't exceed 160c. Remember you're doing this only to decarb the bud and not to get baked, plus if your herb has flavor, you'll get to really taste it. Vape till the flavor is gone, it won't extract all the goodies, mostly the flavinoids/terps.

Get a graham cracker. Break in half. Cover one piece in peanut butter, the other Nutella. Put your barely vaped herb in the middle. Add 5-10 drops of coconut oil, depending on cracker size. Maybe more.

Double wrap in aluminum foil, tightly.

Preheat oven to 280F. Allow 5-10 minutes for your oven to stabilize so you can avoid the initial heat spike.

Bake for 20 minutes. Take out of oven and allow to cool on the counter. Don't be tempted to open it!

Put it in the fridge overnight.

Next day open and eat the whole thing, after eating something ridiculously high in fat content 30 minutes earlier. Pizza. Greasy burger. Etc.

Don't forget to report back. Had some fun times with this method!

DDave,

Tommy10

If I missed it :doh:, what kind of tolerance do you have? How much herb used during high temp vaping to get baked?

If you have the herb available and a temp adjustable vape, you can try the following...

Vape the amount that normally gets you baked, but don't exceed 160c. Remember you're doing this only to decarb the bud and not to get baked, plus if your herb has flavor, you'll get to really taste it. Vape till the flavor is gone, it won't extract all the goodies, mostly the flavinoids/terps.

Get a graham cracker. Break in half. Cover one piece in peanut butter, the other Nutella. Put your barely vaped herb in the middle. Add 5-10 drops of coconut oil, depending on cracker size. Maybe more.

Double wrap in aluminum foil, tightly.

Preheat oven to 280F. Allow 5-10 minutes for your oven to stabilize so you can avoid the initial heat spike.

Bake for 20 minutes. Take out of oven and allow to cool on the counter. Don't be tempted to open it!

Put it in the fridge overnight.

Next day open and eat the whole thing, after eating something ridiculously high in fat content 30 minutes earlier. Pizza. Greasy burger. Etc.

Don't forget to report back. Had some fun times with this method!

Cheers for the advice, tried a few grams of abv and 2 grams of firecrackers decarbed properly and wasn't really satisfied at allll! I will try 4-5ish decarbed and probably make fire crackers, will report back as I reallllly want to wig out from weed.

Tommy10,
Reactions: DDave

IamBenito

Formerly me2
Cheers, heading back away for work for 8 weeks and staying in a hotel. I think basic brownies willbe hard enough but will try making some oil some day:). Think I might just go for it, tried the cautious approach and getting over it. I'm thinking maybe turn 7grams into butter and just eat the butter? Will do it at night obviously, the night before a day off. I just want to experience this edibles high I hear so much about.

bottle o vodka and your decarbed herb.
throw an 8th into 2-3 oz of vodka shake then squeeze the goodness out with a tshirt.
have a shot.

IamBenito,

IamBenito

Formerly me2

too wierd, i have been operating under the theory that if my gut was empty the fat soluble thc would be absorbed more easily. if it was full of fatty food it would bind to the food and my gut would have to fight for it by breaking down the fat first.
any reality behind that thought?

IamBenito,

dilvish

in hypno-vision
@Tommy10 hey man, i can't say for sure that this is actually going to do it for you, but i have had very similar experiences taking things orally, and this is what i figured out works for me:
take it on an absolutely empty stomach (haven't eaten yet on day of), wait 45-90 minutes, then eat food. the idea is that you'll be putting all the actives into your stomach alone to get melted down, then flushed down into your intestines. once it's in your intestines, whatever you eat next, instead of mixing with the actives in your belly (resulting in a slower, more gradual digestion of actives), will actually help to push the actives down further into your intestines as a "separate package", so that it is digested all at once and hits you harder and faster. hope that makes sense.
i actually learned this while trying to take ayahuasca (not actually ayahuasca proper; a syrian rue and mimosa hostilis tea with nearly identical effects). i tried taking it almost ten times, to no effect. i finally tried the aforementioned methed, and bam: i was intergalactic. subsequently i found that it improved my cannabis edible experience tenfold. they had never really worked for me before that.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Tommy10 i once though that I couldn't feel medicated with edibles. I usually need at least 100 mg THC levels. The servings for hard candies are usually 10 mg THC.

I tried the ABV milkshake (about 1/4 cup ground to a fine powder) with peanut butter. After three hours I was way too medicated. I felt every heartbeat and felt every breath I took, an unsettled feeling. I wouldn't have been able to drive or write a sentence. This was 1:00 PM and the next morning I still felt medicated.

The feeling didn't go away until 6:00 that evening, over 24 hours of being medicated. The first half was horrible, the last half I was just too tired. I did manage to get to sleep, so sleeping was a blessing.

I didn't try an edible for a long time after that. It can be hard to gage.

Last edited:
CarolKing,

Tommy10

I don't beleive I can't get medicated as I have felt something aometimes, just not sure what dosage I need. I'm one who enjoys the mind fuck of some of our more intense substances so 24hours if being high sounds good!

The last time I ate abv I made s sand which and shake, probably 1/2-2/3 a cup. Granted my weed is probably worse than yours and my abv is pretty vaped. Felt something but I need moreee! Ha

stsae

easts
Tommy maybe you are trying too hard. Forcing it on.

I have higher than usual tolerance levels, compared to those I smoked/vape/consume with.

I have seen people from time to time not get hit cos they wont stop worrying when it will happen.

Sounds kinda fruity but I reckon it makes sense. Maybe you are just expecting something that isn't there.

Im an Aussie too and make coco oil from ABV and used to use shake a mate would let go for cheap for my oil. 1/2 jar of coco oil to about 3-4 grams. (using fresh or shake I actually re-used and had great results.)

2hrs in coco and water simmered in a pot.

Teastrain into container, freeze, separate any water and oil.

2 table spoons in a coffee or tea in the morning and do something to take your mind off whet youre waiting for.

Cant hurt to try mate, and it makes the work day so much more interesting.:nod:

Good luck.:tup:

:lol::lol:

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I just want to experience this edibles high I hear so much about.
This may be a case of 'watch what you wish for....' :cool:

I usually don't get much from edibles either. And with that in mind, made some brownies that I added kief to. The kief didn't blend properly, so some of the brownies were much more potent than the others. I got one of the more potent ones and thought I was having a medical event. No lie. I totally understand how those people get so high they call for help. I was incapacitated; could barely walk and thought I was having an aneurysm or something.

A few others tried them and swore off weed for over a year. So.. watch what you wish for.

But, if you really want to 'go there,' try adding some kief to your infused butter (or oil) before mixing it into the brownie mix. Guaranteed they will turn out more potent than with just infused butter or oil. You could also add in some BHO or other concentrate.

And then be cautious when eating. You can always eat more. But you can't undo what's already been eaten.

CarolKing

If you over do it on edibles you can become completely incapacitated. Your heart could feel like it's pounding hard and you feel like you notice every breath you take. You may feel like you can't catch your breath. Walking and trying to focus with your eyes maybe hard. You will feel very paranoid, you may even start crying.

All this is your brain responding to too much of a good thing. Please don't try to over do it with the edibles. When I over did it with a milkshake with ABV I didn't want to try edibles again for 6 months.

Folks end up in the emergency room, so don't do it on purpose.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:doh: Again... watch what you wish for.

But hey.... don't take our advice. Mine in particular. I've only been using mj for 49 years; mostly daily. My tolerance must be much lighter than yours.... :cool: Go for it. :evil:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
It can be a very uncomfortable high: I agree with @momofthegoons , be careful, or at least, be safe. Don't eat a batch of brownies and drive to a football game, for example. Sure, test your limits - it's how you learn. But do it in a safe and comfortable place/space.

Years ago, a friend and I were visiting DisneyWorld in FL and I made very strong brownies. Poor Pam was a lightweight, and she had a horrible day (mine was great). I thought she was mad at me because she stopped talking. Turns out she was just trying to stay sane.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Please, if you end up over doing it and if you can remember what happened please let us know how it went.

Like @macbill said just be in a safe environment like your home with no responsibilities. Make sure you don't need to work that evening or the next day. You might be riding the wave for several hours.:o

CarolKing,

Tommy10

Haha I will, might buy a magic butter maker and see how incapacitated I can get! Oh true,yea will probably be on a Saturday with a Sunday off, not sure when I can get to it, but pretty keen to finally see what these crazy edibles are all about.

Top Bottom