How did you arrive at your FC Handle

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
I often ponder the names of fellow FCers and the meaning they hold for the person behind the avatar.

Do you care to explain yours?

Unfortunately my tale is more cautionary than inspirational. I used the name Reddit auto-assigned me, for the sake of continuity. I think it relates to driving a car. I don't drive a car. (And nor do I own a box with a beetle in it). It's all a tissue of lies

coolbreeze

It's all a tissue of lies
vibrating, at the perfect speed.

Mine was a knickname bestowed on my by an older friend I looked up to as a teen. He meant it affectionately but with the teasing tone of an older brother. He seemed to recognize me here:
That’s good thinking there, Cool Breeze. Cool Breeze is a kid with three or four days’ beard sitting next to me on the stamped metal bottom of the open back part of a pickup truck. Bouncing along. Dipping and rising and rolling on these rotten springs like a boat.
Cool Breeze's good thinking was the observation that he should avoid the police-surveilled pad of Ken Kesey, as he himself was on probation. The avatar is just the inevitable outcome. : )

It's also the on-air name of Ron McKernan's DJ father, who brought home his love of rhythm and blues and instilled that in his son, who would later become the voice of a revolution.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Ok, well this is a bit embarrassing...

So, if you just transpose a couple of letters in my name, it becomes all too clear. It was inspired by the hottest girl I ever dated. She had them... *sigh*

200.gif

Vape_Or_Die420

Love this idea for a thread.

After buying my first vape in 2007 I soon found FC a couple years later and started lurking.

I finally made an account in 2012 under @Vape or Die. I have since lost the password for this account. I later made this new account in 2019 after not having internet access for 7 years and living blissfully VASless enjoying my Volcano the whole time.

Anyway, originally when discovering the site I laughed in my head thinking, “what a bunch of fucking dorks! Who the fuck would spend this much time discussing vapes???”

So I made the most sarcastic who gives a fuck name I could think of, Vape or Die420!!! :rockon:So stupid:lol:

Flash forward and this is my happy place

Last edited:

Finessseee

Love this idea for a thread.

After buying my first vape in 2007 I soon found FC a couple years later and started lurking.

I finally made an account in 2012 under @Vape or Die. I have since lost the password for this account. So I made this new account in 2019 after not having internet access for 7 years and living blissfully VASless enjoying my Volcano the whole time.

Anyway, originally when discovering the site I laughed in my head thinking, “what a bunch of fucking dorks! Who the fuck would spend this much time discussing vapes???”

So I made the most sarcastic who gives a fuck name I could think of, Vape or Die420!!! :rockon:So stupid:lol:

Flash forward and this is my happy place
Love hearing from the OGs! What was your vape in 2007?

Vape_Or_Die420

Love hearing from the OGs! What was your vape in 2007?
The DragonVap!! Basically an early Chinese Volcano knockoff. A year later i ended up selling it and getting the Volcano I have used on a daily basis ever since.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Pretty sure it was the sandwich I was currently stuffing (or thinking about stuffing)... and I'm generally not much for cheap nitrate laden deli meats, and we never gave that shit to our kids, so I'd have to hide it in the fridge, but around once or twice a year I crave the ubiquitous childhood fav, Bologna (or baloney) & American cheese on cheap white bread w/mustard, of course....:tup:

Fascinating, huh?

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
It takes all sorts to make a village.
What, you clowns think I haven't read my share of unrelenting, extremely dark Russian philosophy, or something...? Jeeeeez

(I keeeed, of course, and was said with total sarcasm)

Edit: I usually waaay over-think (often stupid) shit.... but over the years, with literally all forum handles, I won't allow myself to do this for some reason and just pick the first thing that comes to mind.... and pretty much always end up regretting it...

Last edited:

2pumpchump

Mine is similar to @strech .
Years ago I made a Xbox name and could not spell correctly and was longer so everyone just called Me neara for short.. it's actually derived from the word (NECRO) which means dead which is often how I feel inside.
Also it is often never used in a sight names so it makes it easy to use without having to change much . As for my avatar I need to make 1

Top Bottom