How come some weed has a creeper effect and some hits you immediately?

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Some MJ that you smoke/vape you feel instantaneously, as you're toking/hitting. Some, it takes 10-20 minutes before I feel it. As in 'Damn, I've been ripped off'. Only to start doing something and boom, you're high.

I haven't found this with Sativa's, but with Indica's or Indica dominant hybrids?

Any ideas?

thanks

Tom

tdavie,

Purple-Days

Set and setting? Just suggesting it (them) as a possible contributor. Circadian rythm? Nutritional state (glucose level?) ? Receptors doing something else (playing cribbage?)?

So the question may be, " Is it you, or is it the weed?". I sure don't know but have come across the same experience.

Purple-Days,

weedemon

enthusiast
i find the strain ak-47 is very very creeper.

I think it has to do with different levels of active ingredients.

thc, cba, cbn, etc...

liwen posts images from the dispensary and you can see there are different % of each in each strain. I think this is where it mostly differs.

weedemon,

GreenLeaf

I've had Sativas creep up on me before.

I've also noticed that with smoking the high can come on fast but that with vaping it takes a bit more time. I don't know any of the strain names of anything I've ever used except for Trainwreck and I didn't find that to be a creeper at the time.

GreenLeaf,

crawdad

floatin
i rarely do anything but vape, my experience is off that.

anyhow, i have noticed this as well and i usually only have one strain stocked. i thus far have chalked it up to previously mentioned "setting" and "current nutritional state of body". for me the onset of buzz is within 1-2 minutes of first toke, high within 5-10 minutes and stone at about 15 minutes....almost always.

the only time i had a creep that seemed to me strain specific (just how i felt at the time, and still looking back) it was an indica dominant...took over 20 minutes to kick in fully and damn, also was nearly no warning...just sort of hit me. :peace:

crawdad,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i only get creep from low temp vaping, and i get immediate satiation from high temp vaping.

OO,

Spacenstein

OO said:
i only get creep from low temp vaping, and i get immediate satiation from high temp vaping.

I can notice a good creeper effect from high temp vaping, as well. After a high temp hit, I get the more immediate effect of a body high- but the strong head high will creep up on me and hit me later. I think the creeper effect might be more prevalent to thc or head highs, rather than cbd/cbn or body highs.

Spacenstein,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Spacenstein said:
OO said:

I can notice a good creeper effect from high temp vaping, as well. After a high temp hit, I get the more immediate effect of a body high- but the strong head high will creep up on me and hit me later. I think the creeper effect might be more prevalent to thc or head highs, rather than cbd/cbn or body highs.
you may be on to something here.

OO,

djonkoman

I've heard (a lot of)CBD makes it hit later and less strong but last longer, thcv makes it hit faster but last less longer
I myself have only had one wich hit really late, but I think the name creeper didn't aply to that at all
it's hash they have at a coffeeshop in the city closeby, me and my friends are all fans of this hash
if you smoke it first you don't feel high at all, but it isn't a feeling of soberness either, not that you feel ripped off or so, just a feeling a bit similar to satisfaction I think
then after a while it starts comig up, but it builds up slowly and has a very nice relaxing effect
and eventually you'll get pretty high from it but also nice and relaxing
and you also always get a nice big piece of this hash(they cut it off the big slice in front of you)

only a shame I can only enjoy most hash together with friends...(since most hash is from indica, and if I smoke/vape indica by myself I just get really sleepy and don't feel high at all, if I'm with friends the sleepiness is much less, altough usually I still prefer sativa)

djonkoman,

RussyRoo

OO said:
Spacenstein said:
OO said:

you may be on to something here.

Agreed.

RussyRoo,

Nuphile

Non-Smoker
It looks like I got on this conversation rather late, but djonkoman is right. CBD slows the onset THC, and also lessens the effects of THC. 'Creeper' cannabis will have a higher ratio of CBD to THC.

Nuphile,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I only get creep randomly sometimes when vaping, normally it always hits me immediately, although I have never had a variable temp vaporizer so it is hard to say if that would be true at all temperatures...

Elluzion,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Nuphile said:
It looks like I got on this conversation rather late, but djonkoman is right. CBD slows the onset THC, and also lessens the effects of THC. 'Creeper' cannabis will have a higher ratio of CBD to THC.

This is the nugget. CBD down regulates the effects of THC and in my experience, CBN (degraded THC) as well.

t-dub

t-dub,

Nycdeisel

This is very interesting, I have not experience many creeper strains, and have not in a while experience any that i can recall...

Nycdeisel,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I think it might be related to the different metabolism of THC and other other cannabinoids.. I am thinking that some cannabinoids are kickin in faster due to difference in metabolic path. THC and CBD travels the same path to the liver but.. has an extra transformation step right on the end..THC reacts mainly on the CB1 while CBD/CBN mainly the CB2 ..Indicas are also richer on CBN/CBD ..etc than sativas.. in some - 60/40 ratio (thc/cbd+cbn) .
Another reason.. - they are weaker in effect than the rushy THC.. So in some indicas it drops the curtain on the CBD/CBN effects and they can come to light only after THC rush lowers.. (ussually 5-20 minutes ) .When i do indica i expect the high to be stoney so i wait till i recognize it..
I feel something that my contribute to delay too :
When i use indica my bloodpressure drops.. which might be resulting in slower bloodflow/metabolism. while sativa gives me a electrifying kick and increased heart rate (i get that with some indicas but in a different manner)which might result in increased metabolism which would explain the sooner effects..
So in general :
1 . Difference in psychoactive compounds spectrum/ratio and their effect
2. THC overpowering and shading effects of others
3.Blood pressure drop results in slower processing.

Abysmal Vapor,

djonkoman

I notice that drop in blood pressure too, one of the reasons I always watch out with heavy indica's, once I passed out from a heavy indica(didn't even smoke that much of it, and was 1-2 hours after smoking, I stood up, walked out the door of the room and then I got that same dizzy feeling I often have when standing up too quickly, but than a lot worse, and suddenly all my muscles turned to jelly and I plummeted to the ground while feeling disorientated/weird)
also haven't had that strain(skunkafghaan) since
but also sativa's can give me a lower bloodpressure depending on the circumstances and wich strain it is. but a lot less severe as indica

djonkoman,
G

I've had the same experience with Indica, it just hits he fast and hard, so i use sativa only, I've had that dizzy feeling from Indica a couple of times.
I read somewhere on this forum that the way the herbs are grown is also a factor in the effects they provide. Have been trying to grow some on my own :brow: and not sure what will happen. Want to achieve this eco grown MJ and see if there is a change in effects. Found a [removed] how to grow weed manual online and will tell you about results. If anyone would share some tips, I'm willing to listen.

Guest,

djonkoman

what also plays a big role is how it's harvested, I always harvest at cloudy trichomes with no or very few amber for a more heady high

djonkoman,

Petertovin

Now this is just my hypothesis so don't hold me to it, so they are still discovering new cannabinoids. They already found thcp in some Italian sativa strains which has a much higher binding affinity at the cb1 and CB2 receptors. Which also leads me to believe thcp might be the culprit in how some strains of low THC or the old ditch weed garbage sometimes the shit would get you retarded high and forever....might have been thcp showing up at like .5%...sounds logical...right?...ok then...humans have created a number of cannabinoids a couple as example are thcpo and hhcpo....both have a delayed onset and are way more binding than regular Delta 9 thc...who's to say there are not naturally occuring acetylated forms of THC or something of that nature...being an ex-user of synthetic cannabinoids I know just how potent cannabinoids can get...there could be a rare naturally occuring noid that is a fully agonistic and completely binds to the cb receptors that's active at .0001% and has a sixty year half life...sounds like my dream compound...the elusive eternal buzz...I'll take two please

GoldenBud

Now this is just my hypothesis so don't hold me to it, so they are still discovering new cannabinoids. They already found thcp in some Italian sativa strains which has a much higher binding affinity at the cb1 and CB2 receptors. Which also leads me to believe thcp might be the culprit in how some strains of low THC or the old ditch weed garbage sometimes the shit would get you retarded high and forever....might have been thcp showing up at like .5%...sounds logical...right?...ok then...humans have created a number of cannabinoids a couple as example are thcpo and hhcpo....both have a delayed onset and are way more binding than regular Delta 9 thc...who's to say there are not naturally occuring acetylated forms of THC or something of that nature...being an ex-user of synthetic cannabinoids I know just how potent cannabinoids can get...there could be a rare naturally occuring noid that is a fully agonistic and completely binds to the cb receptors that's active at .0001% and has a sixty year half life...sounds like my dream compound...the elusive eternal buzz...I'll take two please
thanks for this, never searched for thcp.
it seems like thcp has a longer chain, a chain of 6 carbons instead of 5 in delta 9 thc. so, maybe, it can root itself better inside, like, thc is not 100% identical to anadamide.. right?

but. the longer chain doesn't contain as much electrons as the rings do. so... it will be hard to create thcp in a lab or so.. because the 5 carbon chain may not as reactive but who knows....

and it seems like the molar mass of thcp is more closer to anandamide than thc delta 9. damn i want to try the thcp
maybe the length of the anadamide is more closer to thcp other than thc delta 9. so that's why it binds so well too?

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Reactions: btka

vapviking

Old & In the Way

thanks for this, never searched for thcp.
it seems like thcp has a longer chain, a chain of 6 carbons instead of 5 in delta 9 thc. so, maybe, it can root itself better inside, like, thc is not 100% identical to anadamide.. right?

but. the longer chain doesn't contain as much electrons as the rings do. so... it will be hard to create thcp in a lab or so.. because the 5 carbon chain may not as reactive but who knows....

and it seems like the molar mass of thcp is more closer to anandamide than thc delta 9. damn i want to try the thcp
maybe the length of the anadamide is more closer to thcp other than thc delta 9. so that's why it binds so well too?
Interesting, after a break in this thread of 11 years, the nature of you guys' responses is so different than back then.
Science!

Top Bottom