Discontinued Hopper io

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The hopper is not a vape to pack, the chamber should only be loosely filled, and it does not need to be filled full when using the upper level temps...

Yeah this is the order, placed I think 4/25 or so? Blue IO... Remember two weeks ago they replied to my email saying they would be shipping it within the next 10 days. It has now been past 10 business days and my order page has not updated at all to include any tracking, while I've received no shipped email either, so yeah probably going to have to cancel for refund this week because they lie so much?? I mean I'd like to think: I've waited this long, it should ship any day, it would be a shame to cancel if it's about to ship after all... However they make it pretty difficult to have any confidence in them...
For this "Where's my color Ti?" issue, one pattern that seems to work is to send an email requesting a refund. ;)

I know, in my initial email inquiring two weeks ago, I did say if it wasn't going to ship until more like October they could go ahead and cancel the order, and after following up yesterday, today they say my hopper should ship by tomorrow actually!

TBD but using my original with the PA through some new glass orders the best couple days has kept my patience, still a damn effective vape...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Mine is a broken gun, again. This is not dope by any stretch.
I got it in July '20, and just opened the 4th warranty request, plus the full replacement they did during the 2nd week I owned it (no warranty filed that time...).
Two (three, actually) times the clicker replaced, 3x work on bodies.
I'm not feeling that great about longevity of the io, tbh.

Once again, the VLeaf Go is doing a super job of almost being a hopper. They don't seem to break down at all. I bought a spare about 6 months ago, they are so inexpensive, and have yet to even use it.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I got it in July '20, and just opened the 4th warranty request, plus the full replacement they did during the 2nd week I owned it (no warranty filed that time...).

Once again, the VLeaf Go is doing a super job of almost being a hopper. They don't seem to break down at all. I bought a spare about 6 months ago, they are so inexpensive, and have yet to even use it.
Sorry to hear. Consistency with HL is still the hob-goblin for some. I rolled the dice after having moderate luck with my lone OG (and a year-long RMA after two years with it) and a lone IO which still rocks after 10 months of almost daily use. I couldn’t imagine not having a Hopper in my roster at this point. I love mine and wish everyone has success with theirs yet I know this isn’t the case. It boils down to quality control at this point, both with the RMAs and new units. They need to strive to do better. :peace:

Vaporific,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Sorry to hear. Consistency with HL is still the hob-goblin for some. I rolled the dice after having moderate luck with my lone OG (and a year-long RMA after two years with it) and a lone IO which still rocks after 10 months of almost daily use. I couldn’t imagine not having a Hopper in my roster at this point. I love mine and wish everyone has success with theirs yet I know this isn’t the case. It boils down to quality control at this point, both with the RMAs and new units. They need to strive to do better. :peace:
We have a second io that's been in daily use for almost 7 months now, working great, except the back end has gotten very tight like the first one did for a short time, ahead of coming apart. :\

vapviking,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

I really wish they would change the mouthpiece design on the vleafgo at least, then I might use it more? I don't like the plastic, or the lack of cooling, or the lack of secure connection to the chamber...

Yeah it doesn't seem like GH actually shipped my IO like they said they would, but who the hell knows, no update in order history page, no tracking, no shipping email... I wrote back on Friday to ask if they could confirm it is actually on the way like they had said it would be on Wednesday, but of course with the holiday they didn't write back yet, who wants to bet they tell me tomorrow that it is going out this Wednesday :rolleyes: :lol:

nonbeliever

I received an io backend to replace an SS OG backend that had gone bad (yes, it took quite a while......). It’s been working fine with the OG body for a week or so, and yesterday the red start led’s never turned blue, but turned a solid purple (both red and blue led on).

no blinking, no cop car lights, just a solid purple. It is happening inconsistently - 30-40% of the time I turn it on, Anyone experience something similar, or have any idea what solid “purple” means in their error codes?

nonbeliever,

JBone65

Mine is a broken gun, again.
One year for you might be equivalent to several for a light-weight like me, considering I'm only getting 15-16 hits/day from ~0.3 g. Also, Since I'm getting 11 hits/load, my individual hits are probably a little less vaporous. I'm wondering if the glass bong thingy causes any extra wear and tear. Failure frequency probably varies by part, but it could be a function of number of hits or number of BTUs generated.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm wondering if the glass bong thingy causes any extra wear and tear. Failure frequency probably varies by part, but it could be a function of number of hits or number of BTUs generated.
This reminds me of the theory that a given human body is allotted "x" number of calories for that lifetime, i.e., eat more, die sooner!
So, it's a fancier way of saying, "What did you do, use the thing?" And that is interesting, juxtaposed with the lifetime warranty.
HL maybe would not sell a bubbler if they thought it would be detrimental to the hopper?
They also tell us to draw as hard as you like, Hopper can keep up!

I guess part of my point is that I don't think I'm doing anything that is counter-indicated by the manufacturer. (not sure where they stand on cleaning back end with contact cleaner...)

As much as I really love using these io's, there are so many alternatives these days; alternatives that, for me, might be much more reliable. If HL doesn't get their shit together soon, they will simply be eclipsed by something that works better.

Shit Snacks

Yeah it doesn't seem like GH actually shipped my IO like they said they would, but who the hell knows, no update in order history page, no tracking, no shipping email... I wrote back on Friday to ask if they could confirm it is actually on the way like they had said it would be on Wednesday, but of course with the holiday they didn't write back yet, who wants to bet they tell me tomorrow that it is going out this Wednesday :rolleyes: :lol:

All right they replied early this morning, with USPS tracking number! I think they actually only got my blue IO out today though, saying that it should update and show progress tomorrow... I'll report back of course, hopefully I get a good one at least!

slozukimc

Fuck! Less than one bowl and the replacement back end is not right or the body has gone bad. Three different ghb3’s and I can barely get a hit.

Maybe it is time to pack up all of my Hopper shit and sell ot off to someone who wants to deal with the bullshit.

JBone65

This reminds me of the theory that a given human body is allotted "x" number of calories for that lifetime, i.e., eat more, die sooner!
So, it's a fancier way of saying, "What did you do, use the thing?" And that is interesting, juxtaposed with the lifetime warranty.
HL maybe would not sell a bubbler if they thought it would be detrimental to the hopper?
They also tell us to draw as hard as you like, Hopper can keep up!
Everyone uses the io a little differently. I suspect some folks only get a few hits per day, others might be using multiple ounces per month. In my case, I've enjoyed it immensely, and continuously for 10.5 months, except for three weeks of warrantied downtime, but the total throughput during the entire time was only ~4 ounces. Naturally, Hopper advertises that the device can do anything, but the basic concept of wear and tear is probably inescapable. They don't have clocks, it all comes down to usage, people who use them less should expect a longer life span.

Last edited:
JBone65,

slozukimc

Everyone uses the io a little differently. I suspect some folks only get a few hits per day, others might be using multiple ounces per month. In my case, I've enjoyed it immensely, and continuously except for three weeks of warrantied downtime, but the total throughput during the entire time was only ~4 ounces. Naturally, Hopper advertises that the device can do anything, but the basic concept of wear and tear is probably inescapable. They don't have clocks, it all comes down to usage, people who use them less should expect a longer life span.
That would assume some sort of quality control. I have been a big supporter and I am now getting very sick of their shit. I get vague or nonreply on questions asked of John, the sent me a SS back end to replace my Ti model and now the whole IO is pretty much useless as I can barely get one hit from it. It worked better with the back end that had fallen apart.
Let’s see what the fuckers have to say about cancelling my order and paying for the Hoppers I sent in on trade in.
Fuck Hopper Labs!!!!

Vaporific

That would assume some sort of quality control. I have been a big supporter and I am now getting very sick of their shit. I get vague or nonreply on questions asked of John, the sent me a SS back end to replace my Ti model and now the whole IO is pretty much useless as I can barely get one hit from it. It worked better with the back end that had fallen apart.
Let’s see what the fuckers have to say about cancelling my order and paying for the Hoppers I sent in on trade in.
Fuck Hopper Labs!!!!
That totally sucks. You’ve been a constant vocal presence herein for a long time too. Quality is job one (to quote an old Ford automobile motto) and apparently HL still can’t consistently repair or produce new units with minimal defective rates, however one may define that (less than 1% is generally desirable and acceptable but we’ve never known this for HL despite all the speculation over the years). The fact that many multiple Hopper owners have had issues with at least one of their units in various forms speaks volumes about the continual lack of QC being performed by HL. It’s a crying shame. I still don’t understand how they’re surviving. I’ve stated before buying one is like rolling the dice, and I’ve only bought one OG and one IO for that reason (the OG spent a year in RMA land after having it two years; it works OK now; my IO has been running flawlessly for 10 months - even my personal random sample size is better than average but not perfect).

If HL is lurking they need to wake up and further address their QC issues all around. Lack of communication from them also sucks in general. Word of mouth will sink them as they’ve continually been treading water for a long time. This sucks and I’m sorry for folks, especially those who’ve contributed so much to this thread over the years. :peace:

JBone65

I've learned some interesting things in this thread, especially about HLs. I was blissfully ignorant concerning HLs PR and SQ problems before coming here. It's odd to be having good luck with my io (and other GHs before that), and read posts from other happy users, mixed with posts from others who are angry due to not getting good performance. IMO the io is very enjoyable when it works right, and I suspect there are many satisfied customers. HL is staying in business somehow, and they have managed to keep my devices working. I wish they would provide an estimate on the number of units sold, or the estimated number of satisfied customer/users. The excellent vaporous hit afforded by the convection design, combined with the lifetime warranty, is good enough that it's apparently hard for even disgruntled customers to walk away. It's like a velvet trap that ends up evoking strong emotions. "Venting" posts from "unsatisfied users" is an interesting concept. I certainly understand the urge to vent, and I encourage everyone to say what they want, but I would enjoy hearing from more satisfied customers, about how they use the device, etc., if there are any left that monitor this thread.

Last edited:

slozukimc

I've learned some interesting things in this thread, especially about HLs. I was blissfully ignorant concerning HLs PR and SQ problems before coming here. It's odd to be having good luck with my io (and other GHs before that), and read posts from other happy users, mixed with posts from others who are angry due to not getting good performance. IMO the io is very enjoyable when it works right, and I suspect there are many satisfied customers. HL is staying in business somehow, and they have managed to keep my devices working. I wish they would provide an estimate on the number of units sold, or the estimated number of satisfied customer/users. The excellent vaporous hit afforded by the convection design, combined with the lifetime warranty, is good enough that it's apparently hard for even disgruntled customers to walk away. It's like a velvet trap that ends up evoking strong emotions. "Venting" posts from "unsatisfied users" is an interesting concept. I certainly understand the urge to vent, and I encourage everyone to say what they want, but I would enjoy hearing from more satisfied customers, about how they use the device, etc., if there are any left that monitor this thread.
Take a look back at my posts throughout the years. I have tried and tried to support them. I have owned several OG’s and two and a half IO’s so far and my old grey Ti model a friend gave me is the only one still working. And that one is sketchy at times.
I recently bought ten new ghb’s because I planned to keep on Hoppin along with @Hopper Labs for years to come. I am not here just to vent. I am here to apologize to my FC friends for foolishly trying to convince any of them to try a Hopper. I was blissfully naive with my cloud ripping Hopper until recently.

New member to fc! Been stalking for years but fancy getting involved :)

i have owned around 4 og hoppers from 2015, had the normal ram’s as others throughout the years, never really been an issue for me as I had a back up unit but can totally understand people being pissed with a year+ wait!

just received my purple IO within 2 months of order and (touch wood) seems perfect so far, wow what an upgrade in power!!

Been chatting to vgoodiez who is awesome as fuck for helping me communicate when things went quiet on the emails!

just a question to other io owners… does your clicker button no longer spin?? Used to be quite therapeutic playing with the clicker haha

Vaporific

normal ram’s as others throughout the years
Nothing is normal about an RMA. They should be few and far between. Yes, a small percentage of customers and units will experience issues but I don’t think this is a very low percentage. Speculative at best absent of stats from HL and there has been plenty of speculation in this thread over the years, OG units and now IO. See @slozukimc post above - he’s been here a long time and not currently happy given what he’s been through. And he’s almost ready to bail on HL too (don’t blame him either - several of my local buddies with Hoppers feel the same). Love my Hoppers, one OG and one IO, but I doubt I’d buy another vape from them at the rate (or lack thereof) they operate. Buying an IO was like rolling the dice (and it wasn’t about $) and glad it worked out for me. I can’t say the same for many others (which is like deja vu from the OG days). Enough said on that & I won’t bash them here and will keep it civil. But I do empathize with folks who’ve had issues (I did with my OG & I’ll leave it at that).

just a question to other io owners… does your clicker button no longer spin??
My button has never spun on both my OG and IO. Nor would I attempt to do so or force it. :peace:

Vaporific,
Nothing is normal about an RMA. They should be few and far between. Yes, a small percentage of customers and units will experience issues but I don’t think this is a very low percentage. Speculative at best absent of stats from HL and there has been plenty of speculation in this thread over the years, OG units and now IO. See @slozukimc post above - he’s been here a long time and not currently happy given what he’s been through. And he’s almost ready to bail on HL too (don’t blame him either - several of my local buddies with Hoppers feel the same). Love my Hoppers, one OG and one IO, but I doubt I’d buy another vape from them at the rate (or lack thereof) they operate. Buying an IO was like rolling the dice (and it wasn’t about $) and glad it worked out for me. I can’t say the same for many others (which is like deja vu from the OG days). Enough said on that & I won’t bash them here and will keep it civil. But I do empathize with folks who’ve had issues (I did with my OG & I’ll leave it at that).

My button has never spun on both my OG and IO. Nor would I attempt to do so or
Weird all my clickers have twisted without any force, and been twisted thousands of times and that’s one point I have never had a problem with 🤷🏻‍♂
The io doesn’t and I would never try and force it, just seemed like a design change to me

Highandhappy,

slozukimc

Weird all my clickers have twisted without any force, and been twisted thousands of times and that’s one point I have never had a problem with 🤷🏻‍♂
The io doesn’t and I would never try and force it, just seemed like a design change to me
Hmm. My OG spins. IO does not.

slozukimc,

kadjo

Sad day for the collection. Finally got an ac adapter for my hopper io and it all went down hill from there.

The adapter was threaded incorrectly and it crossthreaded the hopper body. So the adapter did not work and the actual heater would not go back on and got stuck. In removing it, the clip and collar broke off rendering the hopper useless.

Totally a series of unfortunate events. Have to order a new hopper and figure out what to do with a brand new adapter I can't use.

It is a tough lesson learned. I was stoked for the ac adapter as the io was a great unit (#95) and I read so many positive things here I thought it would level it up. Chasing dragons....

Its always hard to lose a member of the collection. I can take solace in the fact that I was the one who did it. It would have been way more awkward if a friend broke it.

Just glad this place is here to vent a little and know the audience will empathize. Had to share it somewhere. He was a good vape and will be missed.

*Stroke of luck is that my new Vapbong MiniBerserker arrived right after I broke it, so I've had a good distraction for the past day.

🙏🏾🙏🏾😔😌🙏🏾🙏🏾

ChooChooCharlie

@kadjo -
Sorry to read of your crossthreading. Thought maybe I got lucky with the io I used with the adapter. So, I just now checked 6 hoppers. 4 TI io's, 1 TI OG, 1SS OG. They all threaded on OK

The clicker backend threads very smoothly into the slotted adapter. But, not nearly as smooth screwing into the body. I've conditioned myself to be careful when starting the threading, aligning straight, feeling for misthreading

Not sure if you've seen it, but there's a maxvapor hopper adapter thread in the vapor equipment area, buried on page 4. One or two users posted threading issues. I was one of them, but that was with the first version before the slot. Max changed it to adapt to the new io brass threading. He identified hopper backend thread differences between OG and io. But, that's not your threading problem as I understood your post

nonbeliever

I received an io backend to replace an SS OG backend that had gone bad (yes, it took quite a while......). It’s been working fine with the OG body for a week or so, and yesterday the red start led’s never turned blue, but turned a solid purple (both red and blue led on).

no blinking, no cop car lights, just a solid purple. It is happening inconsistently - 30-40% of the time I turn it on, Anyone experience something similar, or have any idea what solid “purple” means in their error codes?
As an update. It seems that the purple lights are if the backend is tightened too much. A very slight loosening of the backend when it happens seems to be fixing the problem.

here’s hoping.....

Top Bottom