Holy Piatella

Farid

The big difference is Frenchy ages and presses his hash, both lead to much darker colors.

That picture is using pretty standard techniques, just different material. There are tons of other examples in that color range.

GoldenBud

Bubbleman has made tons of 6 star using trim. Here he talks about preparing the trim so it's high quality:

i didn't find his video of trim bubble has, BUT, found this, look at this dark color bubble hash from trim
darkutube.png

it's way darker than Amber. can you please find bubble hash from top shelf nugs? we can compare

GoldenBud,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I started the thread to talk about Piatella. Are we still doing that? I'm lost in this discussion.
It's a relatively new product/process that is not yet very prevalent... there really isn't much more to talk about until we all can get our hands on some...

So now we're kinda talking about how it's produced, starting with how the starting material is made.

✌️

GoldenBud

minute 06:00

@Farid I just read your last message, gotcha, in this case the color means nothing... I keep researching
in this video he uses not top shelf nugs i think? but a lot of nugs, and a drying freezer technique... so maybe @invertedisdead is right about hash is oxidizing while drying but i am not 100% again needs more research

@BabyFacedFinster sorry we took over your thread, since most of us never had 6 stars hash, Piatella is a far dream for us.. so we kind of switched it into "6 stars hash" thread if it's fine?

GoldenBud

I still can't prove it but I think only plant material/chlorophyll turns dark. not trichomes. will try finding information (hence why I think 6 stars hash can't be dark, plant material.....)

GoldenBud,

Farid

If the hash pictures I linked were pressed with heat they would get very dark. Just look at the video you linked and watch how the hash turns colors when pressed.

The other point I'm reiterating with my pictures is that trim can produce fire, as many of these examples were made with quality trim and popcorn.

The pics you linked above doesn't look top quality mostly because of the greenness and the texture, not the darkness per se. It looks like it would leave a bit of residue on a screen when melted.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
How about PURPLE trichomes and bubble hash....? :razz:
https://flic.kr/p/tJdEfq
121592911_3527376083950231_9050881565709534117_n.jpg

Here's a lot of info on piatella:

jbm

Here's a lot of info on piatella:
To paraphrase George S Kaufman, wait, I thought I just heard an on-topic post.

GoldenBud

If the hash pictures I linked were pressed with heat they would get very dark. Just look at the video you linked and watch how the hash turns colors when pressed.
I had to think about it, but... it's only hot water, less than 99c temperature, THCA's boiling point is around is higher than that... I doubt it will change its color so quickly... dunno.. I really doubt the heat changes the color so quickly... it's not enough energy to change its color IMHO

like, changing the color needs a lot of energy... i doubt hot water will do it...

GoldenBud,

Farid

You can watch scores of videos of the color changing with just hot water. Hell even with just the heat from fingers.

This probably isn't 6 or even 5 star, but here it is still very obvious:

With 5 or 6 star the color change becomes even starker since more of the hash will melt and change. Just compare pressing low grade kief - which hardly changes color, to pressing high grade bubble which goes from very light to quite dark.

GoldenBud

With 5 or 6 star the color change becomes even starker since more of the hash will melt and change. Just compare pressing low grade kief - which hardly changes color, to pressing high grade bubble which goes from very light to quite dark.
ok I understand. for sure, some THCA converted into THC. but my question is why? why you want to decarb the THCA into THC? you want your vaporizer to convert THCA into THC. just so it will be a nice temple ball? you won't want somebody to convert your flower THCA into THC... you want to do it.
but anyway, it's not a dark temple ball at all. I am pretty sure the raw material was wonderful. the color is good. not dark at all. not 0 stars, maybe 3 4 or 5...
brightcannoli.png

and what happened here? like, too much chlorophyll maybe? it doesn't look like something that was catching heat of any kind
dark8.png

GoldenBud,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
That is awesome looking. I'd love to try that. So that's purple heads collected as bubble hash, then pressed into a piatella-like consistency?

Temple Balls around here are pretty cheap ($15 a gram) and very dark. Reminds me of the chara hash that they rub off their dirty hands and heat and press into a ball.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
So, there is no chance of getting this thread back on topic?
Haha, I still think we're trying to figure out what constitutes the most important ingredient, 6-star bubble hash... We should be up to vacuum cold-curing by the end of next month.... hang tight!

That is awesome looking. I'd love to try that. So that's purple heads collected as bubble hash, then pressed into a piatella-like consistency?
Yeah, I believe that's just purple bubble hash made from purple trichomes, which is the result of high levels of anthocyanins being present in the resin glands...

Last edited:
Top Bottom