Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

szai

No, they have not addressed that @Bullshift

@friedpiper I would like that as well.

@mixchu69 I have some similar concerns, unfortunately. I'm hoping they get back to me once the updates and round 2/3 units are out, so that we can work on getting this operating for the unforeseeable future. If we are unable to manage this ourselves, or run a local server for the webapp at very least, this product is a paper weight in the event that the business goes dark. This is something that really shouldn't be brought up, but since others are discussing it I figured I should weigh in.

The plan is to eventually allow the hn02 to also work with just a local ad hoc network. I got this directly from ava. The hn02 will have an update that allows it to make it's own network and will not require a net connection.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Concerning the paperweight theory. No matter what y'all have imagined happening you will still be supported. We could never bring ourselves to:

A: Screw our customers like that.
B: Throw 3 years of hard work in the trash.

It upsets me a lot that our rep is apparently so bad people even think it'd be an option for us.

Just put that to bed right now.

Last edited:

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Concerning the paperweight theory. No matter what y'all have imagined happening you will still be supported. We could never bring ourselves to:

A: Screw out customers like that.
B: Throw 3 years of hard work in the trash.

It upsets me a lot that our rep is apparently so bad people even think it'd be an option for us.

Just put that to bed right now.

I have faith in you.
I think the main issue that people are having is the proffering of inaccurate timelines.

This thread needs some stoke:

JCjIL4n.jpg

I'm currently running @ 590*-610*.

VcOPL8B.jpg

:peace:

Heatmiser

My tracking only has information on where the package has been and is currently. Never seen tracking that doesn’t give an ETA ?!?! Wtf?
It better get here by Thursday because otherwise I’ll be out of town for four days starting Friday, and packages aren’t safe just sitting around here!

JigMelon

I just wanna clear up that I don't think the device will become a paperweight; I was only commenting on the possibility of it in its current state. As mentioned in the past here and privately I'm more than willing to contribute to making this functional offline, along with from a local server, using our own DNS and our own certificates. I don't mean to berate the company; I want the product to exceed and I want the full capabilities of the unit to come to fruition, whether offered officially or otherwise.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I just wanna clear up that I don't think the device will become a paperweight; I was only commenting on the possibility of it in its current state. As mentioned in the past here and privately I'm more than willing to contribute to making this functional offline, along with from a local server, using our own DNS and our own certificates. I don't mean to berate the company; I want the product to exceed and I want the full capabilities of the unit to come to fruition, whether offered officially or otherwise.

Maybe, and while I'm glad to hear all these offers of continued function of the still semi vaporwareish 02s.....but this does nothing for all of the 01s that will almost certainly fail when the numerous known (for many, many months now) software issues reach a critical point on the sdcard and it either decides to never wake up again, or burn your house down on its own accord when you're not looking.

edit: my tracking number is still empty

szai

My tracking only has information on where the package has been and is currently. Never seen tracking that doesn’t give an ETA ?!?! Wtf?
It better get here by Thursday because otherwise I’ll be out of town for four days starting Friday, and packages aren’t safe just sitting around here!

Get them to hold it at the shippers. Call now so there's time to put a hold on. I believe the USPS requires a minimum of 3 days.

alrunnin

Empty promises!! Still nothing, not even a response from emails. I’m about to call it and ask for a refund on a product that was never delivered.. seriously

alrunnin,
Reactions: NSCocoa

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Empty promises!! Still nothing, not even a response from emails. I’m about to call it and ask for a refund on a product that was never delivered.. seriously
As far as I know I've responded to every single email I've received over the last week or so I've been doing my absolute best to be on top of this. So please, if you feel like I haven't responded in time hit me here, now...

Every tracking number we've sent out has a unit in the mail (minus one I believe I sent last night and of course the ones I'm about to send out today). I'll check tracking information on them again to make sure they're all moving and if anything hasn't I'll make a direct inquiry with the post master I put it in the hands of personally when I go in to drop today's unit off.

I'll report back then. And to clarify, yes, more numbers are going out today. It's 11am... my day is just getting into the swing of things guys.

As for the -01 issues the cards won't be with the restructured OS update and warranty repairs will still be valid if there are issues with the company as well. Even if I have to fix them in my mom's basement (No I'm kidding...she doesn't have a basement in Texas).

EDIT: Using other coils does NOT void your warranty. What will is using coils that are wired incorrectly. It's a pretty easy thing to spot and bad stuff happens quick so just be sure you've got a coil that follows the PIN OUT posted on our site (It's at the bottom of the info for the Red Queen but I'll put up the Quick Start guides for the 1.2 and RQ on the blog today, which also has the pin out).

Also, thanks for the nod on shipping. Our post office is a joke and the post master is a friggin' jerk. We are going to start using a different branch asap.

Last edited:

hoyo77

As far as I know I've responded to every single email I've received over the last week or so I've been doing my absolute best to be on top of this. So please, if you feel like I haven't responded in time hit me here, now...

Every tracking number we've sent out has a unit in the mail (minus one I believe I sent last night and of course the ones I'm about to send out today). I'll check tracking information on them again to make sure they're all moving and if anything hasn't I'll make a direct inquiry with the post master I put it in the hands of personally when I go in to drop today's unit off.

I'll report back then.

As for the -01 issues the cards won't be with the restructured OS update and warranty repairs will still be valid if there are issues with the company as well. Even if I have to fix them in my mom's basement (No I'm kidding...she doesn't have a basement in Texas).
you go girl!! got in on the round 3 campaign.

hoyo77,

alrunnin

Well I have sent one via your webpage, as well as a email from a previous reply from you.
I would like my unit shipped without a coil, and have the coil shipped whenever it’s availble. if this can not be done then I would like a refund.
I apologize but my frustration has grown day by day with delays and empty promises.
Also if I use a different coil other than yours does this not void the warranty?

alrunnin,

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Okay guys. Sent more units yesterday. Think USPS missed sending a few numbers yesterday (customer confirmed at least one) so I'll get them out myself this morning. We'll have more units going out today. I'll actually be updating invoices in our system with numbers today (been a little fast and furious the last couple days) so if you receive anything today automatically don't freak out. Just catching up.

For those of you getting them now please remember set-up can be a bit frustrating initially here's some tips:
- Do your initial set-up close to your router. Proximity during everyday use shouldn't matter afterwards.
- Be patient. The initial set-up process / time can make use seem a rockier than it is.
- Use a 2.4ghz network
- Again, please be sure your coils are wired to the pin out:
AC Load [1], AC Neutral [2], TC+ [3], TC - [4], Ground [5]

- Don't forget this lovely little video:

Last edited:

buddingglasshead

Excited to hear about everyone starting to get their Round 2 units in. I thought I was going to be one of the first as I was one of the first to pre-order, but I haven't messaged about getting the unit shipped out before the coils. I don't have an absolute need to have it since I"ll just be using it with my Showerhead.

@HexNailAva Is there any update on the coils? I'd rather wait if possible so that everything can be shipped at once.

buddingglasshead,
Reactions: thezatokid
Top Bottom