Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Wait, is your RQ not up and running properly?

Well, not as advertised no, the RQ is still waiting for AP mode to be "turned on"

And I was actually referring to my 01 thats been slowly dying for literally months and now takes over 25 power cycles to finish booting and when/if it finally does, only works for about ~12 hrs before hard freezing up so for all intents and purposes my Skynet is already bricked.

buddingglasshead

Well, not as advertised no, the RQ is still waiting for AP mode to be "turned on"

And I was actually referring to my 01 thats been slowly dying for literally months and now takes over 25 power cycles to finish booting and when/if it finally does, only works for about ~12 hrs before hard freezing up so for all intents and purposes my Skynet is already bricked.

Ahh okay. I was just curious because my RQ hasn't been up and running and I've had it for two weeks. Supposedly my issue (no networks showing at all) was fixed yesterday and they should have a fix for me today. Sure hope so. Today of all days I'd really like to have it up and running.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Ahh okay. I was just curious because my RQ hasn't been up and running and I've had it for two weeks. Supposedly my issue (no networks showing at all) was fixed yesterday and they should have a fix for me today. Sure hope so. Today of all days I'd really like to have it up and running.

holy carp, thats still happening? you haven't been able to see any networks? prolly stupid to suggest because I bet you have but have you placed the RQ within like a foot or 2 of your ap? the Pi board inside is known to not have the best wifi setup and even when mine is about 3 feet away only has ~50-60% signal. IIRC you said you could get into the wifi setup portion without any issues though?

buddingglasshead

holy carp, thats still happening? you haven't been able to see any networks? prolly stupid to suggest because I bet you have but have you placed the RQ within like a foot or 2 of your ap? the Pi board inside is known to not have the best wifi setup and even when mine is about 3 feet away only has ~50-60% signal. IIRC you said you could get into the wifi setup portion without any issues though?

Up and running. All it took two screenshots from the girls. Like I texted Ava.. I'm freakin flabbergasted. I don't deal with HTTP and know very little coding. So while I understood the basics of this post, I didn't know how to implement it. Wasn't sure on the syntax for sending the POST/JSON Payload to the RQ. I didn't have time (and shouldn't have to) figure it out, but with two screenshots showing me the syntax. Good to go.

Yup I could connect to the AP fine but didn't show any networks.

Time for a much needed blast off......

EDIT: 25mm coil and inserts are just too much fun. 20mm liger is great and all but for consistent performance (feel like Liger is only good clean) the banger wins out. It's also just so satisfying to watch the oil spin around.

Last edited:

JigMelon

I have these silicone fingertips, so I decided to tryout the cap preheat theory. I used a Ti cap (CCA Hurricane) with the Ti Liger 3.0 30mm. I let it sit on the Liger for about 15 minutes prior to dabbing, and there was definitely a difference. I will try again tomorrow with lower temps. Also curious about the Liger Air; less material so should have better thermal properties.

JigMelon,

HexNailAva

Manufacturer

We can have this fixed quick and mail you a new SD card for now. It's a bit of a band-aid but it should clear this sort of thing while we finish the updates.

Up and running. All it took two screenshots from the girls. Like I texted Ava.. I'm freakin flabbergasted. I don't deal with HTTP and know very little coding. So while I understood the basics of this post, I didn't know how to implement it. Wasn't sure on the syntax for sending the POST/JSON Payload to the RQ. I didn't have time (and shouldn't have to) figure it out, but with two screenshots showing me the syntax. Good to go.

Yup I could connect to the AP fine but didn't show any networks.

Time for a much needed blast off......

EDIT: 25mm coil and inserts are just too much fun. 20mm liger is great and all but for consistent performance (feel like Liger is only good clean) the banger wins out. It's also just so satisfying to watch the oil spin around.

Apologies again for the trouble, but I'm glad we got you up and running yesterday.

It was definitely a little more complicated than we thought, but the solution ended up being simple once we tested things out enough.

------

More updates coming very soon, folks. First of our glass giveaways are being done today. Check out out Instagram for more. Right now if you grab your Round 3 slot now you'll be entered in the giveaway happening at the end of the month for Round 2 & 3 customers. Check out our Instagram for more info.

Dubmonkey

Round 2 here about to show up on my door step. If you haven’t gotten your round 2 yet I would suggest hitting up the girls to see where your unit is at.

I should have the Red Queen in possession by tonight. Hope set up goes smooth.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
We can have this fixed quick and mail you a new SD card for now. It's a bit of a band-aid but it should clear this sort of thing while we finish the updates.

Im fully down, lets do it. you should have my addy still, I can pm you if needed

ensabbahnur,

buddingglasshead

Apologies again for the trouble, but I'm glad we got you up and running yesterday.

It was definitely a little more complicated than we thought, but the solution ended up being simple once we tested things out enough.

------

More updates coming very soon, folks. First of our glass giveaways are being done today. Check out out Instagram for more. Right now if you grab your Round 3 slot now you'll be entered in the giveaway happening at the end of the month for Round 2 & 3 customers. Check out our Instagram for more info.

I've been up and running for 3 days. I think it may be time for you and Liz to get a good night's sleep. :lol:

Im fully down, lets do it. you should have my addy still, I can pm you if needed

It's super simple to do. The one I traded for came with a SD card to swap. Here to help if you need it. :tup:

Dubmonkey

I got my RQ. Plugged it in and accessed as a AP. Gave it WiFi info.
And now it says connected with the blue light but in the Devices page I am unable to have it connect.

Turned off and on a few times and each time it got to blue light.

Emailed support and Liz.

Fingers crossed.

Dubmonkey,
Reactions: Hogni

buddingglasshead

I got my RQ. Plugged it in and accessed as a AP. Gave it WiFi info.
And now it says connected with the blue light but in the Devices page I am unable to have it connect.

Turned off and on a few times and each time it got to blue light.

Emailed support and Liz.

Fingers crossed.

Does it say 0 networks? Or connected to "@"

buddingglasshead,

Dubmonkey

After putting in my WiFi info it started running but if I recall it said error with the @. Then tried rebooting the unit as well as refreshing the AP listing and couldn’t see the RQ. So I then hit the app and saw the Devices page. Tried making the RQ connect and it goes one bar at the upper right corner but never connects.

Dubmonkey,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
After putting in my WiFi info it started running but if I recall it said error with the @. Then tried rebooting the unit as well as refreshing the AP listing and couldn’t see the RQ. So I then hit the app and saw the Devices page. Tried making the RQ connect and it goes one bar at the upper right corner but never connects.

Did you create an account (was 100% required for mine to function) with Hex?

Also make sure you're not on a guest network or otherwise on a network with inherent port restrictions

ensabbahnur,

Dubmonkey

Can’t stay on the screen long enough to type in account info before the app takes me back to the Devices page.

Dubmonkey,

Dubmonkey

Ok left my RQ off and then hit the app page. Was able to create a account and connect to the RQ listed in my Devices page. The funny thing is that is not my RQ. I can control it but it has no coil plugged in. I don't see my RQ in the Devices page. Pretty sure the RQ listed there is not mine.

Getting closer.

Justpassedu

1 of my 4/20 gifts to myself. A massive 35mm quartz banger and coil that wraps around, accompanied by the Hex-Nail .
Y4fIlhr.jpg

Dubmonkey

Update: got assistance from the girls on Tuesday the day after I got the unit. Great help was using it while they worked on something on their side. Got the RQ set up for my GS but it needs more tuning. Didn’t like the lack of a heat on/off switch. But now I love the lack of the switch. As the RQ just uses your last temp settings so as long as you are using the same set up it is so easy as a daily use machine.

On the E.Ross quartz with the coil/pin is a 24mm so not 25mm or 30mm. I want one as I like the pin idea and I am under the impression there is no need to remove the coil while it is cooling down. Pricing is past the $300 mark.

YabbaDABBAdo

Also on the e-Ross they are great bangers!!! I’m just not a fan of how it attaches the stick part it looks very fragile and you have to think if you even tweak that or try to remove while hot your going to have a greater chance of it breaking then your kind screwed hoping the bottom doesn’t blow out or then your just back to using a wire or silicone bands. Not saying it will happen if you are carful but when taking off cold if it’s a snug fit your taking a greater risk. Plus that alligator clip will give more pressure and tension when taking on and off to clean that’s my main concern. Then comes into play the coil going all the way around the base, which if you have a thick bottom banger of 2-4mm you aren’t going to need to keep heat on the bottom. Quartz has such good thermal conductivity the side walls cool off faster so that’s where the heat should be and the bottom will still stay a consistent temp without need to be touching a coil due to the thickness
Not knocking the banger AT ALL it’s just not my style.

Top Bottom