Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Im also going to get a second unit. Wont be replacing my Skynet tho... Ill get in on the second round so you other guys can enjoy one :)

Nice job, ladies!

Agreed! Way to go!
I will likely wait as well (I can't buy anything else until I pay off my new heady recycler); well except a new dropdown ...

@PoopMachine I'm also pleased with the oversight of Sky/Dabnet.

:D

I have yet to update my software, running 1.2.8.
What's the most current #?
If I want to get it to update just connect to a wireless network and wait?
It's automatic, or do I need to make some keystrokes somewhere?

:hmm:

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Does this mean... flower tunings... ? :D

ohboyohboyohboy

Yes. Yes it does.

Definitely going to be having some conversations with @paytonpenn (Oh, and I'll email you the 1.2 guide tonight, Payton)

EDIT: Done. :tup:
I have yet to update my software, running 1.2.8.
What's the most current #?
If I want to get it to update just connect to a wireless network and wait?
It's automatic, or do I need to make some keystrokes somewhere?

:hmm:
PM incoming. ;)

Last edited:

emil_2111

Is it possible to get a email reply from your company??

its been a month now since u told me that you would send me the right coil size and now u dont reply to my emails, it seems. what is going on??

emil_2111,

PoopMachine

its been a month now since u told me that you would send me the right coil size and now u dont reply to my emails, it seems. what is going on??

They have been relocating across the country for the last several weeks. I believe they just got to their new location a couple of days ago and they are already back at work. PM her here if you want a quick response. She replies pretty quick here (Except when they are moving across the country).

HexNailAva

Manufacturer

They have been relocating across the country for the last several weeks. I believe they just got to their new location a couple of days ago and they are already back at work. PM her here if you want a quick response. She replies pretty quick here (Except when they are moving across the country).

Thanks for the assist. This has definitely been the issue. I've sent a PM your way to catch up so we can get it all squared up, Emil.

I'm really, really sick today (I'm wearing sunglasses in a dark room with my screen on the lowest setting and it's still making my headache worse. Potential Food Poisoning paired with a migraine from hell.) so please bear with me but we'll get it taken care of.

Last edited:

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
yqYN1Au.png

LqKBOPE.png

e5Hy25b.png

Q9GRFB8.png

B6rlOZ3.jpg

Some recent screens from DabOS/2. Still a lot changing (and this is still rough)...but it's time for some early feedback.

Home, Presets, Manual Tuning, Equipment Menu, Equipment Selected.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Is a higher over time preset possible. Kind of like the IQ paths I'd like to start my session on like 500F coil and raise to specfically 660F over the course of a 75 seconds. This is would the first hit as a low temp with my bowl getting finished at the higher temp without me having to do so much work touching the screen or my phone and hopefully more accuracy for the boosted temperature over the timed temp increases.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Is a higher over time preset possible. Kind of like the IQ paths I'd like to start my session on like 500F coil and raise to specfically 660F over the course of a 75 seconds. This is would the first hit as a low temp with my bowl getting finished at the higher temp without me having to do so much work touching the screen or my phone and hopefully more accuracy for the boosted temperature over the timed temp increases.
One of the features we've been wanting to implement is pretty much what you're looking for, I think.

I've started calling the idea a '4-Point Path' system. Essentially giving you up to 4 temperature points over a user selected period of time to set a 'path'. I'll try drawing something up that might help explain a bit better, but there's a few different settings in that 'system' we'd like people to be able to play with eventually. Including overall time being increased over the typical 'Glob' options or cleaning options.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
b5OJ1vk.jpg

So. The '3-point' graph was just to give you an idea of adjustability here, but the 2 '4-point' graphs give you an idea of Temp adjust vs how the power itself would adjust.

I'll draw some larger (more colorful) examples to explain more later but this should give y'all an idea of what we were thinking. We'll most likely change from setting actual 'degree' variations from set point (ie. +30 Degrees for 30 Seconds) to setting 'power %' variation from you set point (ie. +30% Power for 30 Seconds) with 2.0 as well.

Eventually, we'll also display estimated temp changes based around our tunings (when you have a 'tuned' nail selected).

EDIT: Oh...and there's only 7 units left in the Round 1 Pre-Sale, folks! It will be end of November at the earliest for Round 2 shipments.

EDIT 2: BONUS ROUND - Slightly further along Temp display
UGwcrjE.png

Last edited:

alittledabwilldoya'

^^^ Sexy.

I'm finally installing 1.2.10!
WOO-HOO!
I was running unconnected until recently.

I was on 1.2.8.
Not sure if it will make any noticeable difference for me or not?
Currently using a 30mm V3 Liger + Sapphire insert.
Don't I remember something about more finely tuned setting for the Liger in more recent software?

Waiting, waiting, waiting ...

Come on you stupid internet, there's only so much ranting one can do!

:goon:

:lol::D

edit: Who knew? You can still dab when installing updates!
Nail is right at dabbing temp!

Not that one can tell from the display as it is "INSTALLING UPDATES".
But the palm and q-tip test indicated that the nail was probably at dabbing temp.
Dabbing proved that to be true.

:leaf::cool:

Last edited:

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
IMPORTANT POST
:goon: Read it :goon:

Our update server has been down since we launched the new site.
As far as we can tell, this should no longer be an issue.

This was most likely the reason some of our current customers were seeing issues with Networking / Updating. It was caused by an oversight on our part when launching / integrating the new site with our previous one. Liz has identified the problem and I'll post again once the update server is back online.

Thank you for your patience. Hope this update puts a few folks at ease.

UPDATE 2
Those of you still experiencing Temperature Ramping / Overheating from time to time will be happy to know that we've also pretty solidly identified the cause of this as well. It's pretty deep in the code for v1.2 software, but OS/2 should clear these issues up once and for all (OS/2 has been re-written ground up so the controller is completely new, rather than another 1.2 update).

A temporary fix for those experiencing this issue is to make sure your unit is power cycled every 24 hours or so. It should cut down or eliminate the problem until our proper fix comes falls into place next month.

This has been a tough one to catch, but we've got it by the tail now.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
I can't really tell at this point but I vote for maintaining the 3 moving historical data lines. IMO beyond any hex "magic", the data lines are the most useful feature of the entire setup.
To be fair, they are going to be the last thing we implement. Getting all the 'stationary' parts down is one of the big steps. Then we get to make everything dance around all purdy like.

We know people love the graphs but have no fear. There will be different themes / options and what not coming that will highlight different features. Similar to the way the 1.2 software allows you to turn things on or off on the Home screen if you want a more minimal interface (or in this case, more prominent graphs).

I like the graph lines too much to see them gone. Heh. :tup: Hold tight y'all. We should have more and more updates coming swiftly until the release next month. Still a lot to do, but now the fun begins. :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

This is exactly what I'd like to see, ramping sessions. Preferably if it reverted back to the starting temp when done too.

alittledabwilldoya'

IMPORTANT POST
:goon: Read it :goon:

Our update server has been down since we launched the new site.
As far as we can tell, this should no longer be an issue.

This was most likely the reason some of our current customers were seeing issues with Networking / Updating. It was caused by an oversight on our part when launching / integrating the new site with our previous one. Liz has identified the problem and I'll post again once the update server is back online.

Thank you for your patience. Hope this update puts a few folks at ease.

UPDATE 2
Those of you still experiencing Temperature Ramping / Overheating from time to time will be happy to know that we've also pretty solidly identified the cause of this as well. It's pretty deep in the code for v1.2 software, but OS/2 should clear these issues up once and for all (OS/2 has been re-written ground up so the controller is completely new, rather than another 1.2 update).

A temporary fix for those experiencing this issue is to make sure your unit is power cycled every 24 hours or so. It should cut down or eliminate the problem until our proper fix comes falls into place next month.

This has been a tough one to catch, but we've got it by the tail now.

Update to 1.2.10 successful!
Thank you for your help @HexNailAva!

One dab done, one dab about to be done.

:peace:

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
This is exactly what I'd like to see, ramping sessions. Preferably if it reverted back to the starting temp when done too.
That's essentially what I outlined with the drawing a few posts back...and returning to the start point post-path is a given. :) Glob, Clean, Uptemp, etc. revert to set temp when their timers run out.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That's essentially what I outlined with the drawing a few posts back...and returning to the start point post-path is a given. :) Glob, Clean, Uptemp, etc. revert to set temp when their timers run out.

Awesome, and good point! :D My bad, I don't have any of those features on my PID, I was speaking from the perspective of someone who does not already own a previous hex nail! :) Probably hit the Flowerpot right before I posted that too which may or may not have helped :science:

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
What's up with the information or lack of it on the new unit? No screen or controls to be seen or mentioned on the site or really anyplace for that matter.

I've read the entire thread maybe somehow I've missed something along the way. :(

Is the original unit not being sold anymore? I gather not based on not seeing it on the new and very bare hexnail site. Uhhhhhh!

Top Bottom