Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

Clear is interesting. I thought it was good in the way sushi is good. Light and clean and good for you. It isn't like the heavy, delicious cheeseburger like some BHO I've had before where you're on the couch afterwards like bruuuhhhh. Clear hit my head a lot and had clean flavors, dabbed out of a Cloud Evo. I didn't get a ton of body high. I medicate for ulcers but sometimes I just want to get annihilated, if I have a gastritis flare up. Clear wasn't good for that.

With the HexNail and my new Liger, I'll probably get some just to have a really flavorful dab experience, to see how pure it can be.

I'm interested in trying some rosin. Rosin is so weird to me. I've only gotten it twice and both times it was kinda grayish and looked like a Mentos in its dabtainer that it came in both times. It had the consistency and texture of like, proofed, risen pizza dough. A very wet finish when vaped around 425* in a boro nail out of the Evo.

Last edited:

Samson

All of our current customers that have NOT received a unit should have received an e-mail update regarding this a few days ago.

If you did not receive this e-mail but purchased a unit before 2/15/17 (or are waiting on a replacement), you should be receiving a tracking number by Monday.

Wow this is great news! But just to clarify, does that mean that people who received the email will also get tracking by Monday? Because I def purchased way before Feb.

PoopMachine

Go back and find @mu
It's here! It got here a day early even and with correct tracking! Thanks again to both @HexNailAva and Liz; as well as the rest of the HexNail team for sticking with it and getting this into my hands! I'll post more later when I've had some time with it. For now though let me say, :clap:

Well, what do you think?

PoopMachine,
Reactions: Kalikron

Kalikron

No updates in 18 hours. RIP
:rofl:Lmao! I very nearly was comatose after my first few hours with it! Very cool

Go back and find @mu

Well, what do you think?
It's my favorite new way to dab for sure. I can't believe how low I can go with my 30mm/SiC combo temp wise....I can't wait to try it with sapphire.
I can't wait to see what the future holds for HexNail. The touch screen, beautiful wood and supporting multiple coil/Nail types w/tunings this easy; set it way apart from the competition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done one bowl of dry herb so far. I think its good. ABV came out nice and dark and I am sure I can do one hit extractions without combustion pretty easily.

Have you tossed a dab on yet while vaping flower? What carb cap do you use with it, the NV Lollipop?

scalescliffs,
Reactions: mutten840

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Have you tossed a dab on yet while vaping flower? What carb cap do you use with it, the NV Lollipop?
I am sadly out of flower and have no carb caps but I dont really have interest in tossing dabs over herb especially in the 700F+ range.

When I get a cap I'll test with oils. But I dont like mixing oil and herb.

paytonpenn,
I am sadly out of flower and have no carb caps but I dont really have interest in tossing dabs over herb especially in the 700F+ range.

When I get a cap I'll test with oils. But I dont like mixing oil and herb.

I've never tried it, but it seems like the only differentiator between the Flowerpot and the Lotus.

scalescliffs,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I've never tried it, but it seems like the only differentiator between the Flowerpot and the Lotus.
The Lotus seems kind of expensive. I did do some dabs with the Flowerpot at lower temps and they worked pretty well without a carb. But I did buy this for dry herb only in mind.

Considering how versatile the Hex is you may be able to start high and have glob mode actually go down in temp for a dab.

Speaking of, @HexNailAva can we allow the glob to adjust greater than 50 or is that the limit for a good reason.

Kalikron

A question for those of you who have received your HexNail units already...do you set your tracking to nail or coil? Which do you prefer and why? Which Liger combo/Nail are you running? I've been using it set to coil...but figured I'd ask?

P.S. I am loving my HexNail!

Last edited:
Kalikron,
Reactions: Shrike

PoopMachine

A question for those of you who have received your HexNail units already...do you set your tracking to nail or coil? Which do you prefer and why? Which Liger combo/Nail are you running? I've been using it set to coil...but figured I'd ask?

P.S. I am loving my HexNail!

I track the coil only because thats what @HexNailAva tracks and it makes it easier to give her feedback.

I have the 20mm Liger with a SIC bucket.

BTW, there is a new firmware update if you havent noticed it yet.

Kalikron

I track the coil only because thats what @HexNailAva tracks and it makes it easier to give her feedback.

I have the 20mm Liger with a SIC bucket.

BTW, there is a new firmware update if you havent noticed it yet.
Thanks for your reply @PoopMachine! I will see about that update when I get home.
I didn't realize she (@HexNailAva) tracked that way/that way was the most helpful. That's the way mine shipped; so I stuck with that and it's worked great.
However I am curious how close we are to being able to use the "track to nail" with truly accurate results? I don't think we are that far off. Things will only get better as the team starts to focus more on tunings/updates as their time allows.
Even after receiving it; I'm still excited about the HexNail and it's potential!

Kalikron

Sorry for posting after I posted with no no reply but I figured this was important. I just updated my firmware. I have not had a chance to use it yet, however I did notice one important thing.
If you have the setting "coil default-off" selected; it will revert back to the "on" position after the update.
I noticed it early because I didn't walk off while it was updating. However my nail was just on the table, not on a rig. I could see how this could be problematic if you didn't know ahead of time.....so heads up.

PoopMachine

Sorry for posting after I posted with no no reply but I figured this was important. I just updated my firmware. I have not had a chance to use it yet, however I did notice one important thing.
If you have the setting "coil default-off" selected; it will revert back to the "on" position after the update.
I noticed it early because I didn't walk off while it was updating. However my nail was just on the table, not on a rig. I could see how this could be problematic if you didn't know ahead of time.....so heads up.

I thought that was the case but I wasnt sure.. thanks for confirmation. Hey, @HexNailAva, might wanna add this to the bug list!

Top Bottom