Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

Baron23

Actually now that I think of it, Co. has very dry conditions for much of the year IIRC and so the wood you have is probably already well dried or you guys would have seen cracking already?

Hi @herbivore21, my friend. I'm far from a wood expert, but it often takes up to 3 years to properly dry wood. It needs to dry but dry slowly. So, not knowing where their wood came from, I don't think that the short time they had it in CO would make a great difference to its humidity level.

herbivore21

Hi @herbivore21, my friend. I'm far from a wood expert, but it often takes up to 3 years to properly dry wood. It needs to dry but dry slowly. So, not knowing where their wood came from, I don't think that the short time they had it in CO would make a great difference to its humidity level.
Oh no what I am saying is that the dry conditions in Colorado could be likely precipitate any cracking of the wood due to too much dryness even before dessicants are used - so on this basis they should be alright :). Friends of mine in Co. have always complained about how the wood on various musical instruments are effected while stored in such dry conditions, which has in part informed the suggestion above.

Last edited:
herbivore21,
Reactions: Baron23

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
I live in CO and it is rather dry.

But I think that Hex-Nail is located on the West Coast and North (Portland?).
The extreme rain/snow/freeze/melt cycle in that area of the country is one of reasons for shipping delays.
I recently bought a ski jacket that shipped from Oregon via UPS and it was delayed ~4 days because of weather.

PS Excited to hear some feedback @mutten840!

PPS @HexNailAva I think that I have a SiC Halo that I could send out to you to aid in tuning.

alittledabwilldoya',
Reactions: herbivore21

mutten840

@alittledabwilldoya' I wrote a couple posts so far on the Hex nail and am almost done with testing the SiC inserts and so far they are really bringing nice flavor at low temps. 20mm with SiC is running at 460 and shows the nail temp at 400. So far I have not had any issues and the unit has been functioning flawlessly. I have been putting it through its paces. Broke out the Auber yesterday and tried to run it at the same temp as what I had set the coil temp to on the Hex Nail and it just puddled and sizzled. But did not produce the dabs I have been getting on the Hex Nail :rockon:
I cannot wait for the first update as it will be the first in many updates that will keep improving the dab quality I am already getting. Now I am left wanting my second unit so I can run both my 20 and 30 at the same time. (Queue Death Star music):evil:

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Just a small note. We are in fact located in Portland (we moved our operation from Pacifica, CA to allow us to invest more in the business). As for our wood...most of it has been picked up locally. Some of the exotics have given us problems just due to poor storage/handling on the vendor's end. Anything not purchased locally is all purchased from US sources.

We had made 2 decent size orders with them before our (largest) round one order. No issues. Flat, beautiful Bloodwood, Zebra, etc. But we got pretty screwed when we needed them to come through. We're in 'negotiations' to get a refund but having half of the wood we ordered essentially go straight to the scrap bin just devastated our timelines in December. Still being out a few grand sure isn't helping either.

And yes, the weather has NOT been kind to us. We've had over 2 weeks of down time in our mail service between now and December.

:cuss:

I'm tryin; to keep up but y'all move so fast...or maybe I just lose track of time soldering. Heh.

I live in CO and it is rather dry.

But I think that Hex-Nail is located on the West Coast and North (Portland?).
The extreme rain/snow/freeze/melt cycle in that area of the country is one of reasons for shipping delays.
I recently bought a ski jacket that shipped from Oregon via UPS and it was delayed ~4 days because of weather.

PS Excited to hear some feedback @mutten840!

PPS @HexNailAva I think that I have a SiC Halo that I could send out to you to aid in tuning.

PoopMachine

Indeed I did get it. Doing my due dilligence and testing it prevented me from posting last night. I started and then I sort of.... stopped. Below is my post from last night and some other thoughts at the end.

THERE IS SORCERY IN THIS BOX!!!!

Im sitting here stoned like you used to get back in high school. Hopefully this is coherent.

First off, the unit is smaller than I expected and the workmanship is top notch. The finish of the wood is fantastic and the parts fit together very well. When they do retail packaging, the unboxing videos will be glorious.

As mentioned before, the unit does take a bit to power on. I nervously watched the display as it stayed grey for a while but finally the Hexnail logo came up and the menu wasnt far behind. I wanted to put it on the network first. I have to say.. and this is really my only complaint about the unit, the touchscreen needs some work. It was incredibly frustrating trying to put my wifi password in. Im a network admin so my password has a lot of numbers and symbols in it and its kind of long. The calibration on the screen seems to be slightly off but I found if I tiled the box to about a 45 degree angle and used the tip of my fingernail, it was much more accurate.

Once getting it on the network, I started going through the menus. Again, the touchsreen is a small hindrance but Im sure once I use it more, Ill get accustomed to it. The accuracy needs to be improved a tad but Im sure Team Hexnail can fix it in software.

After setting my nail type and randomly picking 555 as my starting temp, I hit the heater button and watched. Didnt seem like anything was happening for about 5-8 seconds and then the temperatures all started going up. Once it reached temperature, I let it sit a minute for the nail to get soaked.

I took 3 dabs and the flavor of the material really shined through. Didnt seem as harsh either but I may be imagining that, although I dont think so.

I let the unit stay on a while to watch the temperature and see how stable it stayed. I also used the cleaning mode. I would like to see a "Clean and power coil off" button. Would be useful at the end of the night.

Overall, super unit and there is so much potential

Couple of things Ive noticed now that Im not actively testing the unit :)

1 - It would be great if there was a "Reset all settings to default" option. Ive noticed that in trying to navigate the touch screen, sometimes I toggle options on that I have no idea what they do. It would be nice to be able to reset the unit, keep the networking settings but have all the temp settings back to factory.

2 - Cleaning mode only runs for 20 second. I assume thats an oversight since it wont get up to 980 degrees that fast. Ill fiddle with that tonight. In my state last night, I didnt realize it wasnt staying on.

Other than the touchscreen needing a tune up and some slight UI improvements, I think the unit is solid. For the money its definitely the best thing out there right now. With the Subliminator mode coming and all the other cool stuff, I just cant see anything topping this unit for a while.

If you're on the fence, order now. You wont regret it.

Last edited:

mutten840

@PoopMachine its crazy how baked I have been getting using the Hex Nail. I completely agree that there is some kind of Mojo going on to make this thing work so well. But it truly does crush you without you knowing it. I also agree on the points you called out and look forward to updates that will only improve this already amazing controller :rockon:

Here are the temps I have settled in on so far:
20mm:
SiC insert:

Set temp on coil: 450
Nail temp shows: 394 (Average)

Sapphire insert:

Set temp on coil: 480
Nail temp shows: 418 (Average)

30mm:
SiC insert:

Nail temp shows: 348 (Average)

Sapphire insert:

Nail temp shows: 343 (Average)

for the above temps, I was dropping my dab in and capping for a few. Then starting my pull and I got good solid hits consistently. If I wanted to crank it up, I have a Glob mode setup for 10 degrees more for 30 seconds and this is just the perfect little boost to make the above temps turbo boost the dabs

herbivore21

Indeed I did get it. Doing my due dilligence and testing it prevented me from posting last night. I started and then I sort of.... stopped. Below is my post from last night and some other thoughts at the end.

THERE IS SORCERY IN THIS BOX!!!!

Im sitting here stoned like you used to get back in high school. Hopefully this is coherent.

First off, the unit is smaller than I expected and the workmanship is top notch. The finish of the wood is fantastic and the parts fit together very well. Is this a resistive, or capacitive touchscreen?

When they do retail packaging, the unboxing videos will be glorious.

As mentioned before, the unit does take a bit to power on. I nervously watched the display as it stayed grey for a while but finally the Hexnail logo came up and the menu wasnt far behind. I wanted to put it on the network first. I have to say.. and this is really my only complaint about the unit, the touchscreen needs some work. It was incredibly frustrating trying to put my wifi password in. Im a network admin so my password has a lot of numbers and symbols in it and its kind of long. The calibration on the screen seems to be slightly off but I found if I tiled the box to about a 45 degree angle and used the tip of my fingernail, it was much more accurate.

Once getting it on the network, I started going through the menus. Again, the touchsreen is a small hindrance but Im sure once I use it more, Ill get accustomed to it. The accuracy needs to be improved a tad but Im sure Team Hexnail can fix it in software.

After setting my nail type and randomly picking 555 as my starting temp, I hit the heater button and watched. Didnt seem like anything was happening for about 5-8 seconds and then the temperatures all started going up. Once it reached temperature, I let it sit a minute for the nail to get soaked.

I took 3 dabs and the flavor of the material really shined through. Didnt seem as harsh either but I may be imagining that, although I dont think so.

I let the unit stay on a while to watch the temperature and see how stable it stayed. I also used the cleaning mode. I would like to see a "Clean and power coil off" button. Would be useful at the end of the night.

1 - It would be great if there was a "Reset all settings to default" option. Ive noticed that in trying to navigate the touch screen, sometimes I toggle options on that I have no idea what they do. It would be nice to be able to reset the unit, keep the networking settings but have all the temp settings back to factory.

2 - Cleaning mode only runs for 20 second. I assume thats an oversight since it wont get up to 980 degrees that fast. Ill fiddle with that tonight. In my state last night, I didnt realize it wasnt staying on.

Other than the touchscreen needing a tune up and some slight UI improvements, I think the unit is solid. For the money its definitely the best thing out there right now. With the Subliminator mode coming and all the other cool stuff, I just cant see anything topping this unit for a while.

I wondered about the touchscreen's serviceability as I must admit, I generally hate touchscreens for typing inputs. I will never have to type in a wifi password thankfully. Is there a wired ethernet network port on these devices btw man?

mutten840

@herbivore21 no Ethernet ports. But I know Ava called out they can come in many different styles depending on what you are looking for =)

I am really curious to know how the sapphire halo works on these as the Ligers are really showing their true potential when paired with the Hex Nail so far:rockon:

herbivore21

@herbivore21 no Ethernet ports. But I know Ava called out they can come in many different styles depending on what you are looking for =)

I am really curious to know how the sapphire halo works on these as the Ligers are really showing their true potential when paired with the Hex Nail so far:rockon:
Man if the sapphire halo vaporizes more quickly and/or tastes better, that is going to be one outstanding dab setup! I definitely look forward to seeing/hearing of these results!

Monsoon

If you press the settings icon you can program the 5 preset buttons including cleaning mode. The first column you select the type of button (glob/fixed/cleaning) so you can even have multiple cleaning mode buttons with different timings and temperatures.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
We are finalizing & prepping our v1.1 software update this evening which will fix most of the reported bugs seen here (and a few from non-FC customers that will be fixed as well).

More details below.

I wondered about the touchscreen's serviceability as I must admit, I generally hate touchscreens for typing inputs. I will never have to type in a wifi password thankfully. Is there a wired ethernet network port on these devices btw man?

We fully acknowledge the onscreen keyboard is a pain in the ass right now and we're sorry about that. However it is currently only used to enter your networking information at the moment. IIRC We will be utilizing it as little as possible and once our mobile interface is finished (working on this on breaks when my arm gives out from sanding lol) it will be super simple to adjust via any mobile device or the web interface via your PC.

Just to keep it 100% I think I sent some of these units out without screen calibration after a software update reset things just before we shipped them. I have been pretty frazzled lately when getting shipments together and completely forgot to re-calibrate them. It's so simple that I feel slightly moronic for the oversight.

FIX: v1.1 will add a (re)calibration set-up option to your main settings menu

First off, the unit is smaller than I expected and the workmanship is top notch. The finish of the wood is fantastic and the parts fit together very well. When they do retail packaging, the unboxing videos will be glorious.

I let the unit stay on a while to watch the temperature and see how stable it stayed. I also used the cleaning mode. I would like to see a "Clean and power coil off" button. Would be useful at the end of the night. (1)

- It would be great if there was a "Reset all settings to default" option (2). Ive noticed that in trying to navigate the touch screen, sometimes I toggle options on that I have no idea what they do. It would be nice to be able to reset the unit, keep the networking settings but have all the temp settings back to factory (2).

- Cleaning mode only runs for 20 seconds. (3) I assume thats an oversight since it wont get up to 980 degrees that fast. Ill fiddle with that tonight. In my state last night, I didnt realize it wasnt staying on.

Ahhhhh. I'm so glad you got it up and running today. It was hard to let that unit go...like...physically painful. :lol:

I numbered a few points above to talk about.
(These may all be fairly easy to squeeze into v1.1 if Liz finds her coding groove tonight)

FEATURE (1) - This is a stupid good idea. Liz and I both looked at each other when we read this and said "Why the heck didn't we think of that?" My first thought was leaving the house for work. Running out the door just tap it and go for a squeaky clean always much needed post-work sesh. We will definitely be adding this feature asap

FEATURE (2) - This should be a pretty simple thing to add to the settings. We had just planned hard resets but we like the idea of a 'soft reset' a lot. Makes sense (especially since that keyboard is a pain in the ass. Heh.)

FIX (3) - This one is just an oversight on our part. The other presets are all run in seconds so 'Cleaning Mode' is also run in seconds for the moment, too. Right now, you could enter a value of 600 to enable it for 10 minutes, for instance. This will definitely be fixed in v1.1 as I noticed it right away, too.

See above for more on the touchscreen 'issues' but user re-calibration has already been added to v1.1 so a lot of the frustration should be gone soon, guys. Sorry again.

@PoopMachine its crazy how baked I have been getting using the Hex Nail. I completely agree that there is some kind of Mojo going on to make this thing work so well. But it truly does crush you without you knowing it. I also agree on the points you called out and look forward to updates that will only improve this already amazing controller :rockon:

Here are the temps I have settled in on so far:
20mm:
SiC insert:

Nail temp shows: 394 (Average)

Sapphire insert:

Nail temp shows: 418 (Average)

30mm:
SiC insert:

Nail temp shows: 348 (Average)

Sapphire insert:

Nail temp shows: 343 (Average)

for the above temps, I was dropping my dab in and capping for a few. Then starting my pull and I got good solid hits consistently. If I wanted to crank it up, I have a Glob mode setup for 10 degrees more for 30 seconds and this is just the perfect little boost to make the above temps turbo boost the dabs

For one, we gave your method at the end there and love it. Worked great on the 20mm Sapphire with some Obama Kush CO2 for me a few minutes ago. ;) These temps should be pretty much right on to the dish for for the tunings we have available right now.

Also, numbers like this are super helpful for us, y'all. The more data points the better. Feel free to send suggestions/notes to me anytime. We're always open to new ideas and we want to fix issues folks may run into as quickly as possible.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
First off I just wanted to apologize if any of my 'ends' in the thread seem unfinished right now. I've had an issue the last week or so with getting a refill on my anxiety medication due and ended up having a fairly severe panic attack last night. Liz took me to the ER to get them around 2am while we were doing assembly. She has since sent a very...livid communique (that may very possibly every curse word in the English language and a few in French) to my doctor for the issues they've been having with staff re: prescriptions. I'm still trying to get my head back about me this morning but I've picked back up where I left off now and I'll be putting some 'Operation Basics' on this post right after initially posting it (it will just take an hour or so and I wanted to update you before hand first).

@HexNailAva How exactly does the unit update anyway? I'm guessing it checks for updates in the background and then downloads and installs by itself?

Actually, there's a field in the 'Box' icon in the menu that will populate when an update is available for download. It stays invisible otherwise right now but we're tweaking that in v1.1 to always show your current version. We had it in an earlier build as a placeholder but we left it out of v1.0 to keep the interface a little less overwhelming since we were still finally the UI and trying to get together the user manual full and finalized.

I'll edit this post in a few as stated above and I'll explain more then. Before we make the update live we'll be sending a simple step-by-step instruction email to anyone with a nail delivered already (and avoid doing that thing I did last time lol).

Is it possible for us to rollback the software incase it's a bad patch.

Yes. If there is ever an issue with an update the units can be 'updated' with a previous build and then updated again. More on this will come in the e-mail and we'll explain it all in detail when we finish the full user manual. We sent outsourced (see: begged a local graphic designer friend to help us with it) some of the 'beautifying' parts so I could focus on finishing the content right now.

Liz is out grabbing more stock and the usual garbage fuel we eat most of the time. :lol:

EDIT 1: Thanks for giving me a little push in the right direction @Baron23 I'll remember to talk about that when I get the shots up. And yeah I know the feeling. I'm on a fairly heavy regimen for pain and anxiety mostly on top of canna-meds. I was having pretty severe withdrawals a few months back from a lapse in my muscle relaxer from the state-to-state move. My Valium was the worry last night and just...I can't even describe that one withdrawal wise. I have a hard time getting out and about as is that's why we live in the studio for now.

Last edited:

Baron23

First off I just wanted to apologize if any of my 'ends' in the thread seem unfinished right now. I've had an issue the last week or so with getting a refill on my anxiety medication due and ended up having a fairly severe panic attack last night. Liz took me to the ER to get them around 2am while we were doing assembly. She has since sent a very...livid communique (that may very possibly every curse word in the English language and a few in French) to my doctor for the issues they've been having with staff re: prescriptions. I'm still trying to get my head back about me this morning but I've picked back up where I left off now and I'll be putting some 'Operation Basics' on this post right after initially posting it (it will just take an hour or so and I wanted to update you before hand first).

Actually, there's a field in the 'Box' icon in the menu that will populate when an update is available for download. It stays invisible otherwise right now but we're tweaking that in v1.1 to always show your current version. We had it in an earlier build as a placeholder but we left it out of v1.0 to keep the interface a little less overwhelming since we were still finally the UI and trying to get together the user manual full and finalized.

I'll edit this post in a few as stated above and I'll explain more then. Before we make the update live we'll be sending a simple step-by-step instruction email to anyone with a nail delivered already (and avoid doing that thing I did last time lol).

Yes. If there is ever an issue with an update the units can be 'updated' with a previous build and then updated again. More on this will come in the e-mail and we'll explain it all in detail when we finish the full user manual. We sent outsourced (see: begged a local graphic designer friend to help us with it) some of the 'beautifying' parts so I could focus on finishing the content right now.

Liz is out grabbing more stock and the usual garbage fuel we eat most of the time. :lol:

So sorry to hear this, Ava. I have been taken to the emergency room once by pharmacological induced panic attack (Lexipro, evil stuff in my brain) and its no joke at all. Hope you feel better soon.

When you do get back at it (and I suggest full recovery first), perhaps you can answer a question @mutten840 and I have on the screen shots posted earlier. Specifically why the Coil temp is shown lower than Set Point on his display even after heat soak. I presume that Coil temp is the feedback from the coil's TC and set point is where the operator inputs the desired temp of the TC, right? Nail temp is your calculated dab surface temp. I can see how this could be lower than set point but not coil temp??

Or have you redefined these terms and bit and I'm just not understanding the display?

I see the website got updated with a bit of a slide in the shipping ETA for orders placed today. Spring to summer's a big jump.

When in summer is that, @HexNailAva? Any ideas? Excited to purchase a Hex-Nail but it shakes the confidence a bit to see the ETA jump three months from one week to the next.

scalescliffs,
Reactions: ichibaneye

PoopMachine

I have discovered cleaning mode does not work. When I engage it, nothing happens. Temp stays at the same thing Ive set it to beforehand.

PoopMachine,

mutten840

@PoopMachine

Very odd. I tried also and it worked for me. I set it to 600 for 100 seconds. Went to the main menu and clicked the new clean button. Once it started, the temp started to climb as the time counted down until it was done. Then it went back to my temp I had set of 450. The one odd thing I did notice is my coils set temp showed at 2310 and went back to 450 once the timer completed. Makes me think it would of just kept increasing in temp until either the timer ended. Or when the set temp of 2310 was reached. I would def be careful using clean mode until we get more info on whats going on. The good news is. The Glob mode works like a champ =) Been getting used to hitting Glob mode when I want that little extra up temp somethin somethin to my dab :science:

mutten840,
Reactions: NSCocoa

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
I have discovered cleaning mode does not work. When I engage it, nothing happens. Temp stays at the same thing Ive set it to beforehand.
@PoopMachine

Very odd. I tried also and it worked for me. I set it to 600 for 100 seconds. Went to the main menu and clicked the new clean button. Once it started, the temp started to climb as the time counted down until it was done. Then it went back to my temp I had set of 450. The one odd thing I did notice is my coils set temp showed at 2310 and went back to 450 once the timer completed. Makes me think it would of just kept increasing in temp until either the timer ended. Or when the set temp of 2310 was reached. I would def be careful using clean mode until we get more info on whats going on. The good news is. The Glob mode works like a champ =) Been getting used to hitting Glob mode when I want that little extra up temp somethin somethin to my dab :science:

We saw some issues with the wonky numbers earlier on we hadn't been seeing it lately. Glad you caught it in some way shape or form so we can push it with v1.1. Any issues you're experiencing with Cleaning Mode or the presets in general should be fixed with the v1.1 update...including the fact it's scaled in seconds). :doh:

Since there have been a few things here and there about the presets we're just going to try to make sure all the holes are filled and go through the code for presets as a whole. So we'll take a long hard look at Cleaning in particular while adding the new features, too.

My morning kind of threw a wrench in Liz's coding but we thankfully had 2 skilled sets of hands we know in the area volunteer to help pick up the slack for a few days on assembly that have electronics experience. She's been back at the desk now for awhile so I'll pass the new things on to. She may have fixed it all by now is just buttoning it up.

EDIT: Keep having stuff pop up still working on the UI run through. I had to draw up a new schematic for our helpers.

We will also be adding temp. (C / F) signifiers to v1.1 & setting the default to Fahrenheit.

IF YOU HAVE YOUR UNIT AND ARE EXPERIENCING 'TOO HOT' DABS CHECK YOUR SETTINGS PLEASE

Last edited:

PoopMachine

We saw some issues with the wonky numbers earlier on we hadn't been seeing it lately. Glad you caught it in some way shape or form so we can push it with v1.1. Any issues you're experiencing with Cleaning Mode or the presets in general should be fixed with the v1.1 update...including the fact it's scaled in seconds). :doh:

Since there have been a few things here and there about the presets we're just going to try to make sure all the holes are filled and go through the code for presets as a whole. So we'll take a long hard look at Cleaning in particular while adding the new features, too.

My morning kind of threw a wrench in Liz's coding but we thankfully had 2 skilled sets of hands we know in the area volunteer to help pick up the slack for a few days on assembly that have electronics experience. She's been back at the desk now for awhile so I'll pass the new things on to. She may have fixed it all by now is just buttoning it up.

You guys are awesome!

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Hey folks. We took a little extra time on v1.1 but we are finally wrapping it up now! After a few tests (in-house and in the field) we should be pushing it live. We caught a few more things we wanted to preemptively fix that got included (and I think we've got most of the reported bugs covered, too).

After v1.1 is released we may try to take a few days 'off the grid' so we can have all hands on deck for assembly/catch-up. We will send an email informing everyone without an order already beforehand, of course.

It's been really hard for just the 2 of us to get units out when we're also trying to make sure everyone is kept in the loop. We have a couple of extra hands helping us that are pretty much up to speed on finishing/assembly (we are considering bringing them on permanently as they've been doing very well). At this point (after Liz and I wrap the loose ends up on a few things) we're hoping to have 2 'teams' of 2 working to finish all orders we have now (including later ones) as soon as possible.

If we take 3-4 days without any communique (which we don't necessarily deserve since we're late) on just assembling units we could fill a HUGE amount of orders from our queue in one big batch. We'll have twice the man-power (so to speak since there would be 4 femme folks in the shop lol) than we've had until now working on units. Liz will be 'done' coding for the first time in...a year and a half until all our back-logged units are out and taken care of.

Then we'll be in the position we've been waiting for which is me handling assembly as orders come in (hopefully along with the new hands) and Liz will just be coding in feature after feature.

Let us know what you all think on this front while we wrap up v1.1 & get some units wrapped up / out today. We really think it'd be the best way to go to get everyone their units as soon as possible.

Hey folks. We took a little extra time on v1.1 but we are finally wrapping it up now! After a few tests (in-house and in the field) we should be pushing it live. We caught a few more things we wanted to preemptively fix that got included (and I think we've got most of the reported bugs covered, too).

If the fulfillment forecast were more specific (and not as far out), I would order today. That's just my feedback.

scalescliffs,

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
If the fulfillment forecast were more specific (and not as far out), I would order today. That's just my feedback.
Which we completely understand right now. We pushed promised delivery pretty far out at this point so that we don't ever have a situation like this one with any customers that do still order in spite of a potentially long wait.

Once all current orders are fulfilled we will have a much better idea of larger scale production times and the 'Summer 2017' date on the site now will most likely change.

We feel really, really terrible for having such off shipping dates for Round One. We've run into more issues with parts, our mill, and everything else that we even knew we COULD run into...but that's not any of our customer's fault.

The money we received from our current customers was immediately put into parts for their units (which is why it was a pre-order). We cut the price pretty severely to make sure this project got off the ground because we really felt like it could go the distance with a lot of work and a little traction.

We put our house on the market when we moved our operation to Portland (and now live in our shop space). It's been in contract for awhile so once all the paperwork is done we will be able to put a big chunk of that into properly scaling production (mostly bigger shop & more milling capacity) & buying actual inventory now that we know the market wants the Hex-Nail.

Top Bottom