Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
@Hogni You're great, thanks for helping out.

I've yet to get a reply from Hex-nail on any of my thread questions. Hmmmm maybe it's because I smell bad..
No that's not it.
... maybe it's because...ehhh who cares. :rofl::tup: have a great day and :cheers:!

Justpassedu

@Hogni You're great, thanks for helping out.

I've yet to get a reply from Hex-nail on any of my thread questions. Hmmmm maybe it's because I smell bad..
No that's not it.
... maybe it's because...ehhh who cares. :rofl::tup: have a great day and :cheers:!
Hey buddy , i believe the new one is Bluetooth through your phone and the screen on your phone will control everything. They also said the Hn-01's would eventually come back.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
What's up with the information or lack of it on the new unit? No screen or controls to be seen or mentioned on the site or really anyplace for that matter.

I've read the entire thread maybe somehow I've missed something along the way. :(

Is the original unit not being sold anymore? I gather not based on not seeing it on the new and very bare hexnail site. Uhhhhhh!

That because there is no screen (we talked about this a lot in the thread) and the controls are the apps (there are screenshots posted of it in progress on the previous page of the thread). I even posted a hand drawn example and description of how we're expanding some of the features in OS/2.

The description on the site could be improved, admittedly, but there's only 4 of the 20 left so we're more focused on building them and getting the software out to our initial testers right now rather than making site improvements. It's not really any more bare than the previous one. It's why we scrapped the old site completely. We had what...the blog? Which this thread stays more up to date than in the first place right now.

I DID talk about this before, but just so you don't have to read the whole thread again...

Ava told there will come a new batch of HN01 but first they have to make the HN02 because of it's high demand. But guess no more in '17?
It's because we need to keep the doors open. Not because of it's high demand (though there were plenty of requests in this thread alone for it).

The Red Queen is an HN-01 without a screen (in it's simplest terms). Same jacks on the back, same power switch, etc. The HN-01 was too expensive to manufacture & service. Period. If we hadn't stopped taking fresh orders on them we'd be out of business right now.

We want to release another touchscreen unit. I've said this before and even given a general time frame in which I'd like to do it in on pg. 30 (along with why we couldn't keep making the HN-01 the way it was).

------

I feel like I say this every 5 - 10 pages in here but...

There are 2 of us.
2 people.
There have only ever really been...2 people.
The company.
Entire company.
Is 2 people.
TWO.
We can't afford to hire anyone else.

The HN-02 starting pre-orders are the only reason I'm not still...after 2 months of being there...literally... working out of a closet in my in-laws attic.
------
If you want an HN-01 that badly, contact us about a custom, be willing to pay for it, and be patient. Had a lovely gentleman from Instagram recently place an order for one and picked from our Private Reserve stock. I've talked about this option in the thread as well.

EDIT: I'm sorry if this post comes off a little...heated... But I woke up to Liz passed out after over 80 hours of work with no breaks, no sleep, and not even time for me. I'm not exaggerating. We're killing ourselves for this company, guys. Almost every hour of every day for the last 2 years. Her even more so than myself. There's blood, sweat, and tears in EVERY DAY...for this company and for our customers.

We're doing our best. I go to sleep at work, I wake up at work, and I'm no more than 10 feet away from a unit I'm assembling at all times.

:peace:

Last edited:

mutten840

@ichibaneye There are several pics of the soon to be new UI and there are several pics of the new units on Instagram and the Hexnail website for the last round of Batch one units. Ava has been popping in on the regular to keep us updated, so I am not sure how you missed the info :tup:
The older units are now per order, so you would just need to shoot them an email about getting one if you still wanted one of the touchscreen units.

Think that covered the bundle of questions you had :rockon:

ichibaneye

@ichibaneye There are several pics of the soon to be new UI and there are several pics of the new units on Instagram and the Hexnail website for the last round of Batch one units. Ava has been popping in on the regular to keep us updated, so I am not sure how you missed the info :tup:
The older units are now per order, so you would just need to shoot them an email about getting one if you still wanted one of the touchscreen units.

Think that covered the bundle of questions you had :rockon:

It did and thank you. HOWEVER, not everyone has or wants istagram, facebook and those other invasive sites. :\

I would think a companies site would be on point first with the most up to date information and photos for a consumer. That's just common sense really. :tup:

I was on the site today and just noticed the exact same photos ... only one really with the different woods available. So no, not really many photos at all there buddy. These are just facts and I'm not upset here in any way. :nod:

I'm not down with the phone only option on the new unit. It's not a needed option for those that don't want it. I consider this to be a more trendy option just because it can be done and based on what I've seen many others doing with phone apps and such in the electronics industry.

I'm happy to know the og units will be built to order because that's what I've wanted for at least 5 months now. Thanks again for chiming in and your help. :rockon:

Last edited:

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
What's up with the information or lack of it on the new unit? No screen or controls to be seen or mentioned on the site or really anyplace for that matter.

I've read the entire thread maybe somehow I've missed something along the way. :(

Is the original unit not being sold anymore? I gather not based on not seeing it on the new and very bare hexnail site. Uhhhhhh!

The information you lament being unable to find is literally on the same page as your post.
Behold:

b5OJ1vk.jpg

So. The '3-point' graph was just to give you an idea of adjustability here, but the 2 '4-point' graphs give you an idea of Temp adjust vs how the power itself would adjust.

I'll draw some larger (more colorful) examples to explain more later but this should give y'all an idea of what we were thinking. We'll most likely change from setting actual 'degree' variations from set point (ie. +30 Degrees for 30 Seconds) to setting 'power %' variation from you set point (ie. +30% Power for 30 Seconds) with 2.0 as well.

Eventually, we'll also display estimated temp changes based around our tunings (when you have a 'tuned' nail selected).

EDIT: Oh...and there's only 7 units left in the Round 1 Pre-Sale, folks! It will be end of November at the earliest for Round 2 shipments.

EDIT 2: BONUS ROUND - Slightly further along Temp display
UGwcrjE.png
yqYN1Au.png

LqKBOPE.png

e5Hy25b.png

Q9GRFB8.png

B6rlOZ3.jpg

Some recent screens from DabOS/2. Still a lot changing (and this is still rough)...but it's time for some early feedback.

Home, Presets, Manual Tuning, Equipment Menu, Equipment Selected.

alittledabwilldoya',
Reactions: Kalikron

ichibaneye

The information you lament being unable to find is literally on the same page as your post.
Behold:
This has been covered by hex-nail for my inquiry on the same page you just mentioned. Way to be on it!

PS. I ORIGINALLY ALSO MENTIONED I MAY HAVE MISSED SOME INFORMATION. :peace:

ichibaneye,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I'm not down with the phone only option on the new unit. It's not a needed option for those that don't want it. I consider this to be a more trendy option just because it can be done and based on what I've seen many others doing with phone apps and such in the electronics industry.
I am hoping it remain via wifi and not solely rely on bluetooth. I enjoy the comfort of just changing the temp via my computer or web browser on my phone.

Also you don't need an Instagram to see the content. I don't think many use Youtube accounts but still are willing to go off site to see the content. Facebook is awful and you need to register to see most content.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
I am hoping it remain via wifi and not solely rely on bluetooth. I enjoy the comfort of just changing the temp via my computer or web browser on my phone.

Also you don't need an Instagram to see the content. I don't think many use Youtube accounts but still are willing to go off site to see the content. Facebook is awful and you need to register to see most content.

Just to clarify, Wi-fi will be our standard over Bluetooth at the moment, but it's all coming.

PoopMachine

The original machine (Skynet) has been shelved for now.

The new model (Red Queen) has no display and is controlled via web browser or mobile app.

The DabOS 2 pictures above I think reflect what the controls are going to be like.

Adjusting the units through a web browser is way easier than navigating the touch screen anyway. The touchscreen is the weak link in the HN-01 IMO.

@HexNailAva, out of curiosity, are
there any spare USB heads on the main HN-02 board that could be made accessible for powering an external screen/phone/smartwatch?

It's not a major issue as any USB charger could be used but it would keep things nice and neat.

Probably but Ava said the USB stuff produced too much electrical noise for the device. Thats why they werent added to production units.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Probably but Ava said the USB stuff produced too much electrical noise for the device. Thats why they werent added to production units.
2 shots, 6 points. *swish*

More screens & photos coming this week.

ichibaneye

On the other hand... I'm fine with being teased as much as possible.

you have skynet already don't you?! damn bastard... TEASE US!! glorious screens! videos. MILKS we want it all!
Haha you nailed that one.

Ps. I believe poop has two or did at one time. I would love to have just one. I've been in lust for far too long now.

Last edited:

PoopMachine

I only have one. I use it every day. im going to get a Red Queen after they have shipped the initial ones. Wanted to let everyone else get in on the goodness first.

Fantastic unit. Super reliable and consistent. Pairs really nicely with the FlowerPot. Speaking of which, I need to order a Showerhead since people wont shut up about it.

Elemen0py

Just a heads up until you get the official word from Ava; they're currently going full steam on the new HN-02 "Red Queen" units and have ceased production of the HN-01. The HN-02 units don't have a touch screen (or a display at all) and are exclusively controlled via an app for iPhone or Android (I presume there's regular browser access as well, but don't quote me on it). They are aware that there is a demand for the integrated touchscreen interface and have unofficially mentioned that at some point in the future, even if they don't release an official unit with this (I reckon they will- but that's speculation), that they'd be willing to look at fabricating custom units.

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm waiting for a unit with an integrated touchscreen. I'd also like Sublimator support, but I understand the complications there and if they decide not to go with that, I'll still pick one up to use with a Liger and a Flower Pot. I'm happy to pay for a custom unit- I'd even be keen to fabricate the wooden enclosure myself, but I'm not in any rush. There's only so much that a couple of girls and a dream can accomplish in one day so I'm happy to be patient and wait to hear an official word on what my options will be when they have the time to look at expanded support and custom orders. As soon as the words out I'll be throwing some cash at them, though- I love what they're about and I want to be a part of supporting that.

Top Bottom