Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

HexNailAva

Manufacturer

But, there is one big hurdle and a question related to that hurdle: Shipping to Europe, and in my case Spain. Do you have experience with shipping to Europe, and if so what carrier did you use for transport? I have had to many packages from the USA make it to Madrid, only for it to be kept by customs for weeks, and some times not being able to get it from them. A very big pain in the ass...Then if the package does make it trough I get hit with an additional 20% taxes calculated not only on the value of the product, but they include the shipping costs as well. This, as you can imagine, is something I want to avoid at all times.

Would love to hear your response. Wishing you al the best with the further roll-out of Hex-Nail!

We have actually shipped a unit to Spain (and 8 countries total now: Denmark, UK, Spain, Sweden, Canada, Mexico, and of course the US). We haven't had any issues with customs thus far in ANY of them.

I checked on our shipment to Spain specifically and it was in customs for 2 days in Madrid (and had arrived from the US the afternoon before that).

We do our best to reduce costs for our International Customers in as many ways as we can. Nobody has seemed to have any issues worth noting to us yet. We try to keep our shipments very minimal and discreet for International orders as well.

Hope this helps ease your anxiety a bit, but I'll PM you with more, too.

------

And I suppose now is as good a time as ever to announce something else, too. We are only making 5 more ALL WOOD units for general public release. After the firesale we've managed to round up just enough stock for 5 Purpleheart units from our vendors.

100% wood versions in the future will be confined to show specials, giveaways, custom orders, or special runs like this one ONLY.

These will ship 2 weeks after the batch closes so the faster they fly the faster they arrive, folks!

They're going to be priced at $450 and all other woods are Out of Stock. Use code: FINALFIVE at checkout. There's something new in the works, but these beauties are still going to be our flagship. Don't miss out!

YabbaDABBAdo

Hey guys and gals just settled in with my new hex it came today and I can't be more happier with my purchase currently running my SiC halo setup getting all the basics down and already finding little tricks with the glob mod and nail temp to get full flavored clouds at the low temps, but was wondering how to get the web app? If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated

YabbaDABBAdo,
Reactions: mutten840

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I never did ask @HexNailAva does the display flip to the correct orientation depending on how the Hex-Nail is sitting?

If not this would be a good addition to the updates during the next round.

Baron23

I never did ask @HexNailAva does the display flip to the correct orientation depending on how the Hex-Nail is sitting?

If not this would be a good addition to the updates during the next round.
No not yet anyways I suggested awhile back hope its possible or even a manual setting would be fine.

From my experiences in telco industry, and in particular for OTT phone apps, this is much easier said than done and I question the value as compared to the effort required.

Baron23,

YabbaDABBAdo

even a manual setting would be fine.
I spoke with Ava earlier and I had a few ideas to bounce around with her and I needed some help with my new unit one was the screen all they really need to do is set in option to rotate very simple she said,
also auto shut off feature for nighttime use or a timing your meds and when to go off, i have sleep issues and sometimes i just pass out and the ato gives some peace of mind, also something very easy to do and in the works

mutten840

@YabbaDABBAdo to get to the web interface you need to do the following

1: Link the Hex Nail to your network (This is in the Hex nail settings and you will want to note the IP it assigns)

2: remember the assigned IP from the above and on either a mobile device or your computer, open a web page

3: Enter in the following and replace the IP with your Hex nail assigned IP address
"http://192.168.1.96:8888" (Replace IP with your Hex Nail IP)
4: it might take a few refreshes, but it will eventually load the Hex Nail interface in the webpage
A few things to keep in mind. Chrome seems to be the best overall browser for this, but have not tried any others. So if you run into issues, maybe try a different browser.

I was not sure if you had gotten the above info from Ava and wanted to make sure I passed it along as its truly an awesome feature in my opinion =)

YabbaDABBAdo

@YabbaDABBAdo to get to the web interface you need to do the following

1: Link the Hex Nail to your network (This is in the Hex nail settings and you will want to note the IP it assigns)

2: remember the assigned IP from the above and on either a mobile device or your computer, open a web page

3: Enter in the following and replace the IP with your Hex nail assigned IP address
"http://192.168.1.96:8888" (Replace IP with your Hex Nail IP)
4: it might take a few refreshes, but it will eventually load the Hex Nail interface in the webpage
A few things to keep in mind. Chrome seems to be the best overall browser for this, but have not tried any others. So if you run into issues, maybe try a different browser.

I was not sure if you had gotten the above info from Ava and wanted to make sure I passed it along as its truly an awesome feature in my opinion =)
thanks man i should have stated when i posted i have it running on my ipad and iphone thing is crazy cool i can tell when my friend sneaks a dab when i'm outta the room LOL been in contact with ava today she's great and wonderful to work with

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
thanks man i should have stated when i posted i have it running on my ipad and iphone thing is crazy cool i can tell when my friend sneaks a dab when i'm outta the room LOL been in contact with ava today she's great and wonderful to work with

Oh my god this had us laughing so hard. That's beautiful.

We can't wait to get actual 'detection' online. Get a notification like 'SOMEONE IS DABBING YOUR WAX GO GET EM' :lol:

YabbaDABBAdo

Oh my god this had us laughing so hard. That's beautiful.

We can't wait to get actual 'detection' online. Get a notification like 'SOMEONE IS DABBING YOUR WAX GO GET EM' :lol:
For real be able to set an alarm when away when someone uses it lol great idea
i was outside on my deck with my phone and the webapp and i see it dropping and then rising i holler in "me-YOU TAKING A DAB!!!" "him-cough cough mumbles how do you know" lmfaoo i was busting up laughing
THIS THING ROCKS!!!!!

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
You also mentioned site updates a month back or so at least. Still nothing it looks the same and what of those other enclosure options mentioned too?

If I currently owned a Hex-Nail I'd be blowing this thread up with participation. Shame on you current owners! :D;):rofl:

Anyways....... Enjoy that beautiful box, cheers! :cheers:

Last edited:
ichibaneye,
Reactions: muunch

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
News coming soon. App's almost ready. New app UI screens by the weekend (possibly more, it's looking good). Might be releasing a smaller update to add a few suggestions / patch a few bugs.

Lots of good info coming in from the new units that went out in the last batch. Some updated tunings will be otw thanks to a couple folks that have dialed theirs in tight. If you have any tuning value settings that you think outperform ours, send them to us and we'll test them out here & update.

We received the last of our parts for the FlowerPot and have been giving it a bit of a run in. We really like the responsiveness of it and I've been getting some great low temp rips on it myself.

One Purpleheart unit left in the Final Five.

We have site content ready to push Liz is just trying to focus on the app right now since there's only one unit left in this batch (we're ordering parts and more coils this week).

YabbaDABBAdo

any news on the auto shut off and time ect? The dimming setting for brightness and contrast? another thing I thought that would be nice is on the main screen being able to switch the center temperature to coil or nail without having to go to the setting to run unit off of coil or nail tracking so you can tell the nail temp in the center while still set on the unit track coil. also being able to add another 2 preset options so we have a few more selections for the different material glob and clean would be nice. and also a place where we can discuss settings for dialing in certain nails better and different temps ppl are using and finding the best results
Keep up the good work gals!!!

buckhakeesah

Are you running the flowerpot with the latest wrap around posts or off the standard posts? Hopefully they sent you the latest updated products to test and tune. Either way, can't wait for the feedback!

Last edited:

PoopMachine

You also mentioned site updates a month back or so at least. Still nothing it looks the same and what of those other enclosure options mentioned too?

If I currently owned a Hex-Nail I'd be blowing this thread up with participation. Shame on you current owners! :D;):rofl:

Anyways....... Enjoy that beautiful box, cheers! :cheers:

It just works.. Im too busy using it to be blowing the thread up :)

When my new Flowerpot gets here in a couple of days, maybe then. Love my Flowerpot but the upgraded version looks much nicer.

PoopMachine,
Reactions: mutten840

Justpassedu

News coming soon. App's almost ready. New app UI screens by the weekend (possibly more, it's looking good). Might be releasing a smaller update to add a few suggestions / patch a few bugs.

Lots of good info coming in from the new units that went out in the last batch. Some updated tunings will be otw thanks to a couple folks that have dialed theirs in tight. If you have any tuning value settings that you think outperform ours, send them to us and we'll test them out here & update.

We received the last of our parts for the FlowerPot and have been giving it a bit of a run in. We really like the responsiveness of it and I've been getting some great low temp rips on it myself.

One Purpleheart unit left in the Final Five.

We have site content ready to push Liz is just trying to focus on the app right now since there's only one unit left in this batch (we're ordering parts and more coils this week).
Amazing , ty for the good news , best of luck and cannot wait to try it all out. Please keep us updated.

Justpassedu,

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
any news on the auto shut off and time ect? The dimming setting for brightness and contrast? another thing I thought that would be nice is on the main screen being able to switch the center temperature to coil or nail without having to go to the setting to run unit off of coil or nail tracking so you can tell the nail temp in the center while still set on the unit track coil. also being able to add another 2 preset options so we have a few more selections for the different material glob and clean would be nice. and also a place where we can discuss settings for dialing in certain nails better and different temps ppl are using and finding the best results
Keep up the good work gals!!!

A lot of those kind of features will be coming along with the app but if we have time beforehand (we're in a bit of a crunch rn) we'll release an update with some of the easier things to add like a clock, more presets, etc.

We're definitely looking into some way (open to suggestions) to have an exclusive sort of temp / nail / coil discussion going.

Are you running the flowerpot with the latest wrap around posts or off the standard posts? Hopefully they sent you the latest updated products to test and tune. Either way, can't wait for the feedback!

I believe we have been sent the standard posts right now. We'll worry about the rest after we get some initial tunings down (and get a unit or two over to NewVape, too).

We also wanted to issue a little warning (again) to folks that may be using other coils with their Hex-Nail. We have had 2 separate incidents (one in Canada, one in the US) of a very popular brand's coils blowing our fuses.

If you end up needing a replacement please contact us and we'll get it arranged. Please be careful when using coils that are not directly from us. Thank you.

And if you would like an extra, please contact me and get an invoice your way. Final Five orders are going in so now's the time to order extra coils.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Which very popular brand, specifically? I feel that would be good info for us to know for end user troubleshooting as we are already past "only use our coils" with "wired for industry standard dnail layout"

Also any pricing info on coils direct from hex? I know we have been asking these since maybe valentines day or so and i don't believe its ever been mentioned or posted.

Any word on tunings for the Saph Halo?

Is the website contact feature functional? Ive left 2 verbose communications regarding some issues and questions about my unit (once in june and once again last month).

As always, very interested to see where the project is going and the good work put in

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Which very popular brand, specifically? I feel that would be good info for us to know for end user troubleshooting as we are already past "only use our coils" with "wired for industry standard dnail layout"

Also any pricing info on coils direct from hex? I know we have been asking these since maybe valentines day or so and i don't believe its ever been mentioned or posted.

Any word on tunings for the Saph Halo?

Is the website contact feature functional? Ive left 2 verbose communications regarding some issues and questions about my unit (once in june and once again last month).

As always, very interested to see where the project is going and the good work put in
We had some issues with delivery on our contact form a month or so ago but as far as I know we've responded to everything that has come in. You're welcome to contact me with questions directly at: ava@hex-nail.com and our apologies we missed your communique.

I spend a couple of hours a day (at least) talking to folks / responding to questions so things do get buried sometimes.

We don't have a Sapphire Halo on hand and definitely can't afford one for ourselves at the moment. Though we would like to remind folks that the Hex-Nail is still very capable of improving your experience whether there's a tuning for your specific nail or not. We have quite a few folks happily running quart bangers on their units and we don't have any tuning for them in place yet. Coils directly from us at the moment are $40. There's usually some wait involved as we can't stock a ton of extras right now, but we've sold well over 30 coils separately over the course of the past few months. We put orders in for extras when we order batches for parts (which is happening with the final five soon).

Just email, PM me on Facebook, or Instagram, etc. and we can invoice you for coils.

Baron23

We had some issues with delivery on our contact form a month or so ago but as far as I know we've responded to everything that has come in. You're welcome to contact me with questions directly at: ava@hex-nail.com and our apologies we missed your communique.

I spend a couple of hours a day (at least) talking to folks / responding to questions so things do get buried sometimes.

We don't have a Sapphire Halo on hand and definitely can't afford one for ourselves at the moment. Though we would like to remind folks that the Hex-Nail is still very capable of improving your experience whether there's a tuning for your specific nail or not. We have quite a few folks happily running quart bangers on their units and we don't have any tuning for them in place yet. Coils directly from us at the moment are $40. There's usually some wait involved as we can't stock a ton of extras right now, but we've sold well over 30 coils separately over the course of the past few months. We put orders in for extras when we order batches for parts (which is happening with the final five soon).

Just email, PM me on Facebook, or Instagram, etc. and we can invoice you for coils.
Hi Ava - but the question that was asked was valid and, IMO, not intrusive or trouble making.

That is, what common brand of coils have you seen multiple failures on.

I agree completely with @ensabbahnur, although for good reason people may wish to buy coils from you, they have also become a bit of a commodity with a somewhat standard interface which is comforting as this allows multi-sourcing (I mean, I hope you guys stay in business and are wildly successful, but the future is unknown)

So, if there is a trend of failures with a given brand of coil and the Hex-nail, I suggest gently that you share that info.

Just butting in here. LOL

Top Bottom