Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Which very popular brand, specifically?

Hi Ava - but the question that was asked was valid and, IMO, not intrusive or trouble making.

That is, what common brand of coils have you seen multiple failures on.
Forum rules don't allow @HexNailAva to criticize - in any way - other brands or other perceived competition. So her silence here is actually just abiding by FC rules.

Maybe try sending her a PM?

:peace:

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Thanks for clarifying. I was trying to be better safe than sorry and I'm glad I was.

Anyone with issues or questions with their units, questions about ordering coils, which ones to use, fuses, etc (just ask).

Truly, anything you folks want to contact us about I'm always here to do my best. Always available directly on either FC, Facebook, IG, email (ava@hex-nail.com).

mutten840

D-nail coils and Disorderly conduction coils have been working perfectly with my units. Other than that I have stuck to the Hexnail coils as they have also worked perfectly. I heard the High Five vapes coils will not work and I would also suspect G9 not working.

Dnail 20 and flat coils worked perfectly
Disorderly conduction 24, 25, and 30mm coils all worked perfectly

Thats all I got for you guys in the lines of coils I know have worked =)

Baron23

Forum rules don't allow @HexNailAva to criticize - in any way - other brands or other perceived competition. So her silence here is actually just abiding by FC rules.

Thank you, Stu. I guess the line between just sharing facts and overt criticism can get kind of blurred.

No problem and good to know for the future.

Cheers

@mutten840 - yeah, High Five says to not use their coils with any other controllers. They don't specify pin outs, but the assumption is that they are not the defacto standard.

Cheers

Justpassedu

Thank you, Stu. I guess the line between just sharing facts and overt criticism can get kind of blurred.

No problem and good to know for the future.

Cheers

@mutten840 - yeah, High Five says to not use their coils with any other controllers. They don't specify pin outs, but the assumption is that they are not the defacto standard.

Cheers
High5 just came out with a adapter for there coils to work with other Enails. I think i had seen it on the Dnail thread.

Baron23

High5 just came out with a adapter for there coils to work with other Enails. I think i had seen it on the Dnail thread.
FFS They use a female full size XLR. All they got to do is change the pin assignments. For that matter, they can offer them in two versions, one for their controller and one as after market for almost all the other controllers in the world. Who would want a connector adapter in the line. sigh WAY too kludgy for me.

Baron23,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
FFS They use a female full size XLR. All they got to do is change the pin assignments. For that matter, they can offer them in two versions, one for their controller and one as after market for almost all the other controllers in the world. Who would want a connector adapter in the line. sigh WAY too kludgy for me.

Totally agree but I'm still glad its an option.

Im not 100% on how pi pids work but couldn't the pinouts of the Hex and Kube be re-adressable? Like how a computer knows if you've plugged in a mic vs a speaker vs line in?

ensabbahnur,
Reactions: Baron23

PoopMachine

Im just asking but how is that criticizing? Its not product bashing, its just compatability and keeping your users informed. Just because Company XYZ's coils dont work with their units doesnt make them bad, just not compatible.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Im just asking but how is that criticizing? Its not product bashing, its just compatability and keeping your users informed. Just because Company XYZ's coils dont work with their units doesnt make them bad, just not compatible.
I agree with you that many (most?) people would just take the info as an FYI and not necessarily a "knock" on a competitor. If they didn't sell their own coils, it wouldn't be an issue at all. But they do offer their own coils, and some might take "compatibility" to mean that the competitor's product is somehow inferior. We prefer that manufacturers err on the side of caution when discussing competitors.

PoopMachine

I agree with you that many (most?) people would just take the info as an FYI and not necessarily a "knock" on a competitor. If they didn't sell their own coils, it wouldn't be an issue at all. But they do offer their own coils, and some might take "compatibility" to mean that the competitor's product is somehow inferior. We prefer that manufacturers err on the side of caution when discussing competitors.

Makes sense. Thanks for the reply :)

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
And now for something completely different...

Here's the first shots of the 'Equipment Manager' from the app.

xNg7yc3.jpg

B6rlOZ3.jpg

We'd love feedback on this and we'll have more screens coming swiftly. It's almost time to launch this baby.

And on another note: The 'Final Five' have started assembly, folks. So if you snagged one of those...rejoice! Because you got one of the last touch screen Hex-Nail's we'll be doing for awhile...

Stay tuuuuuuuuuuuuned :D;)

Justpassedu

Hey all , quick question regarding the mirroring of the screen. I had tried with a Ipad i have using Safari as the browser. Entered the Ip off the Hex-Nail , refreshed several times but nothing comes up for me. Will this not work on a ipad using Safari ? Both were connected to the same network and have the same Ip address. Hmmm . @HexNailAva Look's great so far , so no more touch screens or wood enclosures for now ? Is it safe to say i may have a collectors edition ? :)

Justpassedu,
Reactions: mutten840

brucee10

Hey all , quick question regarding the mirroring of the screen. I had tried with a Ipad i have using Safari as the browser. Entered the Ip off the Hex-Nail , refreshed several times but nothing comes up for me. Will this not work on a ipad using Safari ? Both were connected to the same network and have the same Ip address. Hmmm . @HexNailAva Look's great so far , so no more touch screens or wood enclosures for now ? Is it safe to say i may have a collectors edition ? :)
add :8888 to the end of the IP address.

brucee10,

YabbaDABBAdo

Not working for me using safari on iPad
I'm on my iPad right now and it's working for me fine just wanted to check sometimes you keep having to hit refresh for it to load, but other than that after you have connected it to you wifi you use the IP address on the unit and add :8888, ie 10.8.0.94:8888 and just keep trying to hit reload hope that works

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum

To clarify, they can not both have the same ip, if your iPad is 192.168.1.5 and the hn01 is 192.168.1.20, then type 192.168.1.20:8888

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Just as a general note about portable Apple devices. If your IP starts with '10' [10.0.0.1] Safari may have issues navigating there (been dealing with it myself). The Chrome [App.] browser seems to be more friendly. It won't matter once we drop the app, but for now it should be a quick fix.

HexNailAva,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Thanks @HexNailAva, but what's about the touch screens and wooden enclosures? What will change??
I guess THIS is the most important current question for the community of this thread - at least for me!?

Hogni,

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Will the app. be for Android? Or just Apple?
It will actually 'officially' release for Android first due to Apple's approval process! But we'll have a work around in place via the current WebApp functionality for Apple users until it's approved.

Check out our latest post on Instagram (@hexnail) for a little teaser on our upcoming reveal. ;)

Top Bottom