Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

anrchy666

Ladies i have a problem i had my unit on and working went outside for a cigarette came back in to a blank
27xnnyu.jpg
glowing screen i have rebooted a few times but no luck.

bellas

Awful quiet in here. FYI, Ive been having issues with my interface not loading on initial startup since the last firmware upgrade. A reload has fixed it, just wanted to give a heads up.
I have been having strange screen sensor problems . I have sent two videos to Hexnail. Hoping they can figure something out. Usually a power on/off fixes things. But, it seems to be happening more often.

mutten840

I know they were in the process of moving and so any silence could be due to this. If you had connected it to wifi. You can try to connect to it through a browser to see if it is just the screen or if the unit is actually stuck.

If the screen is the issue and it is working through the browser. You can at least keep enjoying it while you wait for more info =)

brucee10

I know they were in the process of moving and so any silence could be due to this. If you had connected it to wifi. You can try to connect to it through a browser to see if it is just the screen or if the unit is actually stuck.

If the screen is the issue and it is working through the browser. You can at least keep enjoying it while you wait for more info =)
Is the website available at the IP address or is there a specific page I need to hit?

brucee10,
Reactions: mutten840

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
@brucee10 you would just use whatever ip was assigned in a browser and it should look something like this

192.168.1.223:8888 it can take a few refreshes to load sometimes, but is def worth trying =)

You would just replace your ip in the above example
whoa, rad. had no idea this was there.

and you can control it via the browser??!?! damn thats oddly nifty

anrchy666

@brucee10 you would just use whatever ip was assigned in a browser and it should look something like this

192.168.1.223:8888 it can take a few refreshes to load sometimes, but is def worth trying =)

You would just replace your ip in the above example

Haha thanks I was missing the port number drive myself crazy trying to connect to it lol.

Just tried web interface and seems to be working so i guess my screen went bad after a few months. Hmm time to pull out tablet lol screen doesn't fit to well on phone

Last edited:

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
Haha thanks I was missing the port number drive myself crazy trying to connect to it lol.

Just tried web interface and seems to be working so i guess my screen went bad after a few months. Hmm time to pull out tablet lol screen doesn't fit to well on phone

Well it's unfortunate that the screen may have decided to go on a vacation. On the flip side it's covered by warranty I believe from reading all of these pages here and the Hex website. So you've got your 6 covered. I've always liked that feeling while still breathing.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Just checking in to say I am high as fuck.

I can tell the difference.

@Justpassedu that's a sexy enclosure.
No pics of mine yet, but I will post tomorrow when I am a bit more sober.

:ko:

~3 weeks later, no photos yet as I am still high as fuck.
Well actually here are some pics:

JCjIL4n.jpg

RMCimln.jpg

I love the prominent diagonal grain pattern, especially the way the grains are mated at the front edge.

:nod:

Zebra Wood Hex-Nail paired with Tony Hernandez Ball-cycler and Liger 3.0:

OMmQFV5.jpg

JCjIL4n.jpg

RMCimln.jpg

I love the prominent diagonal grain pattern, especially the way the grains are mated at the front edge.

OMmQFV5.jpg

Nice!!! Are you into glob mode at all yet? I also run my 20mm sapphire around 640*.

brucee10

JCjIL4n.jpg

RMCimln.jpg

OMmQFV5.jpg
They really nailed the grain on that one. I can't wait until I have a reason to order a new Hex-Nail. Maybe I'll shop around for some crazy wood species.

brucee10

Did you just say you are trying to sell me yours at a more affordable "used" cost? Cause I am sure thats what I heard!
I live in a 2 story apartment, so I need a Hex-Nail upstairs and downstairs. I'm waiting on a dual heater version so I can have a nail going and a flower vape on the second heater.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I live in a 2 story apartment, so I need a Hex-Nail upstairs and downstairs. I'm waiting on a dual heater version so I can have a nail going and a flower vape on the second heater.
Have you considered the Flowerpot over a dual heater version?

Sounds like you need two exotics to keep both of us happy by the way...j/k

brucee10

Have you considered the Flowerpot over a dual heater version?

Sounds like you need two exotics to keep both of us happy by the way...j/k
The Flower Pot will happen before the second Hex-Nail, probably around black Friday. I currently have a Liger 30mm with sapphire and a sapphire Halo for concentrates. I just miss having my sublimator running all the time because sometimes it's fun to rip some flowers while around the house.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Hey guys. I'm really sorry about the issues & lack of communique (you're covered, btw). Please try to be patient with us right now. I haven't had full use of my right hand for a few days (aka my dominant one...going on 5 I think). :shrug:

I have some (hopefully temporary) nerve damage after sleep related injury (Yes, I'm unfortunately serious). We haven't had the money to do much treatment wise (as we've temporarily re-located to... Connecticut) but there has been some improvement over the last couple of days. I'm really hoping to be back in shape tomorrow but at this rate we're really not sure what to expect. :\

The move was brutal and this happened soon after we arrived. Some new building is being done and we're working to get some replacements in order as well. Just please try to be patient with us. This one is rough. :rip:

I'm working a bit with dictation so I can try to respond to some of you but progress is slow going and emails / PMs are stacking up a bit... :(

Elemen0py

Ava! That's awful!

For the love of god, STOP TYPING! If it's what I think it is, the very best thing that you can do is to rest it right now and try to bring down the swelling of the affected nerve area. For example, if you managed to constrict part of your upper arm during sleep, try to apply a cold pack to that area a few times a day. I'm tempted to ask what your symptoms are but I don't want you to have to type out a reply.

I know how brutal the state of healthcare in your country is on the wallet, but please, get a professional diagnosis. Nerve related issues are just not something that you can afford to take chances with. Realistically, there's not a huge amount that can be done for these types of things but I'd still feel much better knowing that you've seen someone. It breaks my heart that this is a service that you should have free access to, but don't.

I'd love to help but realistically I'm not sure that there's much that some random guy on the internet can do. I'm still waiting for Sublimator (and eventually DabBulb) functionality before I place my order, but if it will help you with a health related issue I'd be happy to pay for one now and receive it when it's ready, no pressure in the interim, I promise.

At the end of the day, this is a weed vaping forum; we're all pretty chill. Nobody here is going to prioritize their Hex-Nail over your health so don't stress. We're all here if you need us, so leave the humility at the door. We all wish you the best.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Ava! That's awful!

For the love of god, STOP TYPING! If it's what I think it is, the very best thing that you can do is to rest it right now and try to bring down the swelling of the affected nerve area. For example, if you managed to constrict part of your upper arm during sleep, try to apply a cold pack to that area a few times a day. I'm tempted to ask what your symptoms are but I don't want you to have to type out a reply.

I know how brutal the state of healthcare in your country is on the wallet, but please, get a professional diagnosis. Nerve related issues are just not something that you can afford to take chances with. Realistically, there's not a huge amount that can be done for these types of things but I'd still feel much better knowing that you've seen someone. It breaks my heart that this is a service that you should have free access to, but don't.

I'd love to help but realistically I'm not sure that there's much that some random guy on the internet can do. I'm still waiting for Sublimator (and eventually DabBulb) functionality before I place my order, but if it will help you with a health related issue I'd be happy to pay for one now and receive it when it's ready, no pressure in the interim, I promise.

At the end of the day, this is a weed vaping forum; we're all pretty chill. Nobody here is going to prioritize their Hex-Nail over your health so don't stress. We're all here if you need us, so leave the humility at the door. We all wish you the best.
It just really hurts to not be able to reach out properly right now. I try to fix issues very quickly and stay in touch. Customer happiness, quick communication and good service is our #1 priority.

Things stacked up during the move but most folks didn't even know until this post (and now I have this problem and can't easily tell everyone).

And (to be blunt) buying a unit from us is 100% the most helpful thing anyone could do right now. It would directly help with paying for treatment & it would also really speed up timelines (for all of our customers... current & future).

Damn near every penny we receive from the sale of a unit goes back into parts for other customers right now. We use some to eat, pay for our prescriptions, and that's pretty much it. Thankfully our CannaMed supply has been almost completely donation based for the last year but we're low there, too.

I know it sounds a bit doom and gloom but fear not!

There's still tons of progress being made on development and the full apps are coming together quickly after we scrapped the first ones awhile back). The back-end is going to be really easy to integrate with other devices (HomeKit, Echo, etc.) and we're really excited to get it out there.

We also have the rest of our parts on the way (sort of...mail forwarding issues) from NewVape so we can start testing on the FlowerPot soon. I'm super eager to get that bad boy goin'. Can't wait to try it.

Elemen0py

And (to be blunt) buying a unit from us is 100% the most helpful thing anyone could do right now.
It's a deal.

If it's ok with you though, I'd like you to do me a favor; I need you to not send me one right now. I will absolutely want a Hex-Nail at some point, but there's a few reasons for why I haven't put in an order.

The first is that it's not something that I can currently use. My intention for the Hex-Nail is to use it to power what is going to be, for me, the holy trinity of desktop vaping; Hex-Nail, Sublimator, and DabBulb. So close your eyes, open your mind, click those heels and come with me on a journey to the land of endless green valleys, milky white clouds, and life-changing terpenes. This is the dream that I am going to make a reality by the end of this year...

Imagine colas of buds the size of Popeye's forearms, as dense as Donald Trump's skull and with more milky white frosting than John Belushi's nightstand. Imagine them being home-grown from seeds of the absolute best quality genetics, ScrOG style, organically enriched in a custom built and custom insulated 13 gallon four-pot Current Culture undercurrent RDWC system with an in-line water chiller, automatic ph adjustment and nutrient dosing monitored over wifi network complete with high definition camera. Imagine this placed in a purpose built fully thermally and acoustically insulated 5'x5', mylar coated, sealed, humidity and temperature controlled, CO2 enriched via natural gas burner environment, illuminated by a Black-Dog Phytomax-2 1000 assisted by a skylight that opens and closes automatically on a timer.

Now, imagine taking those meticulously trimmed and ground buds and running them very briefly in small batches through a pollen extractor to ensure that only the most pure of trichomes is sifted through. Then, collect that heavenly golden powder, bag it up and use a rosin press to extract a butter of such incomparable quality that you can't help but say "I can't believe it's not butter".

Sorry.

Medicine of this quality demands respect, and respect it shall be given. For the flowers, I'll stick to the Apollo heater that I'll pick up with the Sub, but that clear-golden rosin is going to take quite a journey.

It vaporizes in one of these: https://scontent-sjc2-1.cdninstagra...29203_242332842885337_47803385436438528_n.jpg
https://scontent-sjc2-1.cdninstagra...29203_242332842885337_47803385436438528_n.jpg
It travels through one of these: https://sublimator.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Sublimator-40mm-Base-Launcher-.jpg
https://sublimator.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Sublimator-40mm-Base-Launcher-.jpg
It cools in one of these: http://www.planetvape.ca/images/detailed/0/kryogenic-coil-condenser_d8ib-q3.png

This is my goal for the year, and I'm applying myself to it as time permits. I've already sourced the Black Dog Phytomax-2 1000 and ordered the Current Culture RDWC system complete with extensions and reservoir so that I can custom build it into the grow room with the return bucket and res on the outside for entry-free access. So far, that's about $5000USD worth, so trust me when I say that when it comes to this project I'm as serious as permanent and irreversible nerve damag-

Oooh sorry! I feel real bad about that...

A girl once told me that I don't do things by halves. I'm either all-in or I fold. As you can probably tell, I'll be fucked if she wasn't bang on the money with that assessment.

Also, fuck you Genevieve.

The result of this is that I need a Hex-Nail for things that it can't yet do, and I'd rather not sit there salivating over one in front of me until I can put it to use. Additionally, when it comes to aesthetics I'm about as hollow as Donald Trumps sku- wait no I used that one already... I'm about as hollow as the "science" put forward by the Sublimator's marketing team (come at me, mods). To make matters worse, my father is a cabinet maker by trade and has left a large space in my heart for woodwork, joinery, and crippling depression. For this reason, I'd really like to do something custom for the enclosure. I'll be removing any labels from the DabBulb, Sublimator and glass for a clean look, so I'm even considering fabricating a stainless steel enclosure for the Hex-Nail to tone in with the rest of the setup nicely.

Also, fuck you dad.

When I do receive a unit, I'd like it with a cable for both the Sublimator and DabBulb (possibly with a coil as well depending on whether or not I spring for a Liger with a sapphire insert between now and then). In the mean time, I'd love it if you could send me the dimensions and specifics of the enclosure so that I can source the materials to fabricate one. I'm thinking either stainless or a nice piece of lacquered local burl... Something with a finish like this: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/biUWritWbxc/maxresdefault.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/biUWritWbxc/maxresdefault.jpg
There is, of course, NO RUSH to any of this, OK? Like I said, it's part of the final step of a much larger goal; one that is months and months away. I'm going to send you an email now via the contact section of your Hex-Nail site with my personal details and contacts so that we can arrange payment. I'm happy to send money over PayPal and also to do it via your site, but I just want to clarify that even though I will have to select a coil that I don't want one just yet. Additionally, if I do end up fabricating and shipping an enclosure to you, I don't expect or want a discount. I also understand that with both a cable for the Sublimator Apollo nail and the DabBulb that the $500USD will not cover the full cost (or international shipping, for that matter), so for now we can consider it a deposit and I'll fix the balance when it's time to ship.

Speak soon.

Top Bottom