Herborizer Tube Review

marcuss

above the clouds
Ciao vaporists!
It's about ten days that the Tube arrived at home and i'm still doing my test sessions to give the best tube review possible :ko:
I've got the Sphere since springtime and i love it but Sebastien told me that he prefer the tube for its huge hits and cooling factor....so i can't stay with any dubts about my favorite vape!
Now i can tell you my opinion.....
It is an XL tube and looks really awesome in shape and thickness...it is about 80? and i think it is a onest price for this glass vapor bong.
The Tube works really well if you like those huge bongo-hits and it cool down the vapor even if don't put any water or ice in it...this is my experience!
Also i like so much to see the milky vapor filling up the tube...seems to hold a roor in my hands and as i 'm used to do when my lungs are almost full i lift up the bowl to clear up the tube and avoid any vapor loss.
On the comparision test longside the Sphere i can say that i still prefer the Sphere for its confortable design and for the simplicity to clean it up but i never cleaned the tube yet.
My impressions are that in the tube the air/vapor ratio is bigger probably for its larger hole, sometimes i feel like i need two more lungs to fully complete a proper hit!
In the Sphere i never noticed that and i love how it holds all the vapor inside until the next hit!
Vapor density is pretty similar in both of them since i do use the same heater/bowl for the two glassware and i feel that differences are only about their different dimensions the Tube is bigger to fill up if you don't put any ice or water in it so you'll need more lungs capacity.
My final opinion is that you are a glass-ice bong fan go with the tube and you will be happy but if you like some lab shape glass with smooth and tasty hits the Sphere will do the job perfectly.
I need to test the tube in Iced version and since tonight i'm doing some bubble maybe tomorrow i will add my last thoughts and some pics.

Enjoy the vapor life!

marcuss,

max

Out to lunch
Good review marcuss. :tup: If I'm reading you right the hits are more manageable with the sphere? It figures that the version I'd be inclined to buy is the more expensive one -$466.75 today for the XL. :rolleyes:

max,

marcuss

above the clouds
well...this is an opinion for a no bong fan....i can handle the sphere hits better for its shorter way to my lungs...this is also the reason you can get bigger hit size with the Tube!

Don't get me wrong...i do like the Tube as well but i feel more confortable with the sphere hit size and height...the tube is really tall and i need to bend it to toke....but looks so nice!

marcuss,

max

Out to lunch
....i can handle the sphere hits better
That would be me, as well.

i feel more confortable with the sphere hit size and height...the tube is really tall and i need to bend it to toke
Yep. Me too.

I've decided I need a government 'bailout' for my Sphere purchase. And I deserve it more than these institutions, since I haven't mismanaged my money. ;)

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
When I initially bought my Herbo, I got the tube incorrectly sent to me. I told Seb that I requested the sphere but wanted to try the tube just in case I liked it. I did like the tube a lot but ultimately, since my skin around my mouth is sensitive, I sent it back for the sphere. Upon getting the sphere, I was extremely delighted to use it because it had a shorter vapor path than the tube and it was easier to get ?on demand? hits from it. The tube was more like a bong, you milked it the first hit, and cleared it the second hit. Maybe people with bigger lungs than me can milk and clear it one breath, but I couldn?t. Anyhow, I would hook up the sphere to all my different vaporizers and it was an awesome water cooling tool.
Max, is the sphere to funky looking for your wife?s tastes? Or do you think she?ll let it slide because of it?s unconventional look?

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
Max, is the sphere to funky looking for your wife?s tastes? Or do you think she?ll let it slide because of it?s unconventional look?
After the VaporSnake, I don't think any other vape would push her 'launch button', but something like this would have to reside in a room upstairs. Realistically, between 'big glass' and 'big price', this vape is going to sit and wait on my 'wish list' for a long time to come.

max,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
max said:
[quoteRealistically, between 'big glass' and 'big price', this vape is going to sit and wait on my 'wish list' for a long time to come.
seriously...a cool novelty. but all the breakable parts and other new systems(pretty much the same units) being more than half the price... its just time to move on! :disgust:
:2c:

Hennessy1414,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
max said:
its just time to move on!
Thanks for the advice, but I think I'll make up my own mind about what's on my wish list.
i was saying for me...ive referenced wanting to buy a herboizer a lil bit ago...sorry for the confusion...i was agreeing with you :lol: :p

Hennessy1414,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hennessy1414 said:
max said:
Hennessy1414 said:
seriously...a cool novelty. but all the breakable parts and other new systems(pretty much the same units) being more than half the price... its just time to move on!
Thanks for the advice, but I think I'll make up my own mind about what's on my wish list.
i was saying for me...ive referenced wanting to buy a herboizer a lil bit ago...sorry for the confusion...i was agreeing with you :lol: :p
Doesn't read like it. Sounds like you're stating (without having used any of the aforementioned vapes, and in a Herborizer thread) that the Herbo's not worth a vaporist's time because it's glass and not cheap. I know it's hard, but please take some time to proofread your posts before hitting that Submit button. Ask yourself: 'Is this a good post?'.

This is also the last (4th) time I'll ask you to stop making posts like this gem from today:

Hennessy1414 said:
yes! !!!!!!!!!!! :D ahhh :p

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
Then what does "a cool novelty. but...." refer to? You've lost me. And what's similar but half the price? The Vriptech wand setup? That seems like a great deal, but I can't help what I'm attracted to.

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I hadn't seen this until now for some reason....

Great review dude. I've always dreamed about the Herborizer since I heard about vaporizing... it just looks so killer.

My final opinion is that you are a glass-ice bong fan go with the tube and you will be happy but if you like some lab shape glass with smooth and tasty hits the Sphere will do the job perfectly.
I need to test the tube in Iced version and since tonight i'm doing some bubble maybe tomorrow i will add my last thoughts and some pics.
That's me... the tube would be my method of choice.

Some pics for comparison would be excellent.

Do you ever accidentally combust? It seems like milking weed for so much vapor might result in temperatures near combustion, or perhaps because your taking such long draws (as bong hits tend to be).

SpiralArchitect,

marcuss

above the clouds
max said:
Then what does "a cool novelty. but...." refer to? You've lost me. And what's similar but half the price? The Vriptech wand setup? That seems like a great deal, but I can't help what I'm attracted to.
:disgust: Luckily I really cannot transalte his posts....so i just pass over!
i simply can't read anymore posts like that... :/

Spiral...thanks to be on topic and i can say that i never been in the smoking zone with the Herborizer...even with the temp knob set on 95, The max is 100 so i'm sure you cannot ignite your plant material with this vape.

The stainless steel element works nicely in maintainig the temp steady also if you hit faster but you can see the milky way if you slow down your inhalation.
This differs the Herbo from a similar vape like the Verdamper that when you are hitting faster it start to overcook and the taste turn in a pop corn flavor.
pics coming soon!

marcuss,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
marcuss said:
max said:
:disgust: Luckily I really cannot transalte his posts....so i just pass over!
i simply can't read anymore posts like that... :/

Spiral...thanks to be on topic and i can say that i never been in the smoking zone with the Herborizer...even with the temp knob set on 95, The max is 100 so i'm sure you cannot ignite your plant material with this vape.

The stainless steel element works nicely in maintainig the temp steady also if you hit faster but you can see the milky way if you slow down your inhalation.
This differs the Herbo from a similar vape like the Verdamper that when you are hitting faster it start to overcook and the taste turn in a pop corn flavor.
pics coming soon!
whatever all of you hate on me...cool :rolleyes: :disgust:

Hennessy1414,

max

Out to lunch
I was asking you to explain post #7 (which I still don't understand). What was hateful about that?

You got off on the wrong foot with marcuss (CD too) as soon as you joined, with your excessive slang, which is hard for some of us English speakers to follow. vtac has given you multiple warnings about low content posts. You can get with the program and still be yourself. Lots of different personalities here.

max,

marcuss

above the clouds
finally hennessy is on holiday for a week :lol: :lol: and nobody is sad here! :D
To celebrate i add some pics to this thread for the voyeurs! :ninja:

As you see, i tried the ice experience and now i can say that it's really fresh and tasty....a lot better for a smoother hits than without it!
My conclusions on the Tube vs Sphere contest is that they are both winners for taste and hit size but i do prefer the Sphere for its shape and stability.
You cannot go wrong with these two options....the choice depends on your former smoking habits!

marcuss,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Always look forward to your well worded and helpful reviews, and of course the dream table! Looks like CD might have some competition in his skim milk contest. :brow:

Sounds like for long term day to day use the sphere would be my choice but the tube looks like a lot of fun if you love to milk up tall bong hits!

Can you give us your tube's measurements? Looks like the side tube is melted on nice and thick.

Beautiful :ko:

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hey marcuss post them in my old topic please (skimmed milk thread) . it would be nice If we can get some deferent vaporizer hit pix all at the same place !!!

Clear_Dome,

marcuss

above the clouds
Grazie vtac!
It's quite tall....45cm! The glass round feet works well for stability but i'm a bit scared of it...you know that this table is very crowded so....
I usually hold it by the short tube like a handle and it seems a really thick "boro" glass even in the joint.....i do hope so :uhoh:
P.S. Yesterday I notice that to make huge milky clouds you must hit harder and full up your lungs totally..... :ko: :ko: :ko: totally different from the sphere here where you need a slow and steady hit and also a short hit is pure joy!

marcuss,

max

Out to lunch
Nice pics marcuss. I agree with your preference of the Sphere. The Tube would be a good choice for tall bong lovers though. Sphere XL price is $475 US today. :( Out of my vape price range -at least until I win the lottery. ;)

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
those are some BEAUtIFUL pictures! I used to have a refrigerator that produced crushed ice but now my refrigerator only makes ice cubes so I have been having to use a blender to crush my ice. What usually happens is the I get this slushy type ice which happens to go into the neck of the tube quite well. I found that the added surface area of the ice further chills and cools the vapor. Give it a try, I think you will enjoy it very much.

stonemonkey55,

marcuss

above the clouds
yes monkey i will try but i don't know if it works for the small hole that connect the tube to the small tube...anyway the hot vapor flow should melt it!
Here outside is cold already.......maybe we can try with some snow also?

marcuss,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Snow is even better! Have fun vaping Marcuss! We get snow about 3 hours away from where I live, so unfortunately, I will have to stick to the blender :(

stonemonkey55,

captainwolf

Marcuss, will the french man ever make an Herborizer that has a competely glass encapsulated element? The glass looks beautiful, my only concern is the element offgassing on the vape.

captainwolf,
Top Bottom