• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herborizer corner

Hello
I took a screen from 25 mm and I put in the grate but not under the four internal protrusions; put the screen over these protrusions inside the Brazier, the shot looks firmer, stronger and able to produce more clouds of steam.
So our vaporized weed is faster with a more immediate effect.
What do you think?
Do You Understand?

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Hello
I took a screen from 25 mm and I put in the grate but not under the four internal protrusions; put the screen over these protrusions inside the Brazier, the shot looks firmer, stronger and able to produce more clouds of steam.
So our vaporized weed is faster with a more immediate effect.
What do you think?
Do You Understand?

When I was experimenting with my newly acquired Herborizer I also tried to put the screen above the four dimples to have the injector tip closers to the load but in the end I don't find it necessary. Could help speeding up vapor production with smaller loads but if I want to vape small amounts of weed I prefer to use another better suited unit.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
bfq9cfv.jpg

Bunless

Thanks for the feedback but i'm not sure I understand correctly. Are you saying that the herbo doesn't give as thick hits as the VHW? Perhaps more but smaller hits? It was an easy decision for me to go with the VHW due to saving alot of money over the herbo, but I still will eventually buy a herbo as well as probably verdamper.

I know I'm replying to a post from 6 years ago... but I returned my herborizer (many years ago) after less than a week (which was very kind of the company, suppose they didn't have to accept it back) because the vapor was very thin and you had to hit it really slowly to get anything. The glass globe I got was also very thin and not the best quality. It felt very fragile. The verdamper's glass is high quality lab glass and it feels like it too. It gives much thicker vapor and you can hit it fast or slow.

Bunless,

vctr

I'm trying to buy a new vaporizer. I own the Volcano and I wish to upgrade to something with water filtration, as the vapour from the Volcano is quite dry (I actually tried the balloon with my water bong and it was much nicer - although rather cumbersome).

I think there are two main contenders, which are the Herborizer and the VapeXhale cloud evo. The cloud is obviously a lot more expensive. It's so expensive I have a hard time justifying the cost over the Herborizer. It's not that I can't afford it, I can, but it's just so much more... I'd get the Herborizer for 250€ (without a bong) and the Cloud with a hydratube is almost 700€. Even If I got a nice water tool for the Herbo it would still be about ½ of the price of the Cloud.

Is the Cloud really that good?

vctr,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, i can't give you a full answer, although I own the Cloud+(not the actual Evo) and it's definitly a heavy hitter...yes it can offers some tasty rips but it shines about clouds. The Herborizer seems to be the opposite, it offers you the best taste but reports I read spoke about a lack of clouds, airy hits and difficulties to get a totally spent abv....

I think it's a matter of preferences...make a choice.

PPN,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
I'm trying to buy a new vaporizer. I own the Volcano and I wish to upgrade to something with water filtration, as the vapour from the Volcano is quite dry (I actually tried the balloon with my water bong and it was much nicer - although rather cumbersome).

I think there are two main contenders, which are the Herborizer and the VapeXhale cloud evo. The cloud is obviously a lot more expensive. It's so expensive I have a hard time justifying the cost over the Herborizer. It's not that I can't afford it, I can, but it's just so much more... I'd get the Herborizer for 250€ (without a bong) and the Cloud with a hydratube is almost 700€. Even If I got a nice water tool for the Herbo it would still be about ½ of the price of the Cloud.

Is the Cloud really that good?

Vapefiend basic package evo is £270 get a chinese hydratube or just use a bubbler

VapourHaze,

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Never tried a Cloud Evo but own an Herborizer and can confirm it is not the best unit if you are looking for the biggest, thickest clouds. It is the best tasting vape I ever tried and absolutely love mine but I get it's not for everyone. It works better with small bubblers than with big bongs. You should also consider that being all glass it requires some extra care when handling it.

biohacker

I echo these comments too. While it has been many moons since i've owned the Herborizer, the taste was great but waaaay too airy hits and it felt like an eternity to get medicated. I LOVE the pure concept though, with the heat hovering over top, and nothing between you and your medicine but glass and a screen.

Just like the Vriptech, love this vape but WAY too fragile for me!

biohacker,

rodders83

Sorry for the edit, But this is my first and only desktop vaporizer and i use it daily and i am satisfied as long as you forget everything Herborizer state in the manual. This vape is efficent but called the Herborizer for a reason it eats herb... Let me explain.

You NEVER put the gauze below the dimples and you NEVER use it below maximum temperature if you want big tasty clouds. This vaporizer will not combust even if your material is touching like in the picture by beagle you will simply heat the herb faster and get direct clouds that are tasty and lung bursting. The key is letting the bowl and injector sit togeather to get thermal equilbrium. This way you have a mixture of convection and conduction which makes the vape perform as it should. You need to put maybe a gram of material on top of the gauze finely ground up and turn the heating element up to maximum which is number 10. It states this is 230c but your herb is shielded by glass and will not combust.

Instead what happens is like Marley states, The vape starts to function like a modern powerful vaporizer but still lacks power so you must inhale slowly otherwise you can see the vape go from orange hot to cold in the dark. Try it and you will see this is why you need to pack it full and turn it up to the highest possible temperature.

And finally, Never ever ever fill the water level up past the holes otherwise your cloud density will nosedive, I can personally attest now to a years use of daily driver and it works great and gives big hits that make you cough. But if you are going to add lots of water, Diffusion and not listen to the advice forget about lung bursting clouds. It will be weak and whispy. I actually think i have perfected it i do wish they would make smaller bowls but at the same time having a gram+ loaded means less refills and more vaporizing.

I will keep mine, But for power and multiple people i want a Sublimator, If i want to be lazy and play an MMO and know i cannot get up to refill for 30 mins i want the Herborizer. And for on the go i have my Mighty.

Last edited:
I like your opinion Rodders and I agree on what you said.

There is a reason why the Herborizer Hightimes won the Cup in 2008 ...
I think as a taste that can give is unbeatable ... even compared to the volcano! The filtering system with water makes an experience of unique and unparalleled purity: in fact all the vaporizers are equipping themselves with water filters.

After a year I am satisfied but I feel the need for a fast and high quality portable vaporizer.
I tried the mighty from my friend and I say that is really exceptional

Robert Nesta Marley,

Ace of Space

When i got the herborizer i started with the low temp, slow draw as well, resulting in a permanent dry and sore throat within weeks of use. Needless to say, i was disappointed and after a couple of months the thing got it's retirement to be replaced by the Enano.
A couple of weeks ago i fired it up for fun, and same thing, dry, harsh hits with barely visible vapor, so i guess out of frustration i gave it a big suck, like clearing bong style, and to my surprise i got huge clouds!
Like @rodders83 said, it's impossible to combust, i don't use the max temp but somewhere around 8, and at full speed, no charring whatsoever.
So now i hook it up to my FC1000, take massive hard hits that are still harsh, but that knock me off my socks, cool!
Still only for now and then though ;)

Ace of Space,

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
The key is letting the bowl and injector sit togeather to get thermal equilbrium.

I think this is the most important thing with the Herborizer. This and taking long, slow hits with minimal diffusion.
What I do differently is that I place the screen below the three dimples and start from setting number 5 and go up till reaching the highest temp. I also find that 0.3-0.5 grams loads works well enough but my main goal is not super thick clouds production. In that case I agree that having your load closer to the injector and starting from the highest setting works better.
Love my Herborizer but as stated before it's not a vape for everyone or for every occasion.
And yes, I would love the option of a smaller bowl. Maybe if there is enough interest in this we could try to contact Sebastien to ask if would be possible to have some custom made ones.

Edit:
i gave it a big suck, like clearing bong style, and to my surprise i got huge clouds!

I found that the best way to get big clouds is to start drawing slowly to heat your load and when you feel you are about at half your lung capacity give that big suck that will milk your glass. I have a friend who can take thick hits as me but in half the time. This is one of the reasons why I say it's not a device for everyone as it requires a good technique to be used at its best.

Last edited:

rodders83

Yea half the height so i can slip out the metal gauze for a glass one, Any glass blower could do this i also want a glass funnel too so i can load on my desk without crumbs sticking to the side of the glass where the ground joint is. It always happens and it leaves the orange tone you get that means you need to keep cleaning.

Which is another tip i learned, Cleaning the injector and bowl is important if you use herb up at a heigh because i found it is a bitch to get off once the honey type residue is on. I mean i need a baby wipes and 99% iso and 15 mins of rubbing to get that off!

Sort of makes me wonder what is it am i too near combustion because surely if it was pure honey it would come right off with iso. But it just looks like little specks of golden hard honey.

rodders83,

trontreez

I got the Herborizer XL Sphere. It's by far the best vape I've ever used. It does take a while to heat up though, around 10min, and I do put a large load in, around 0.3g. I think I get pretty thick clouds of vapor. I've only ever used a Vapezilla, Arizer Solo and a MiniVAP apart from the Herborizer so can only really compare with those and it's really head and shoulders above all those others.

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker
The key is letting the bowl and injector sit togeather to get thermal equilbrium

+1
It took me a while to work this out. At first I thought the unit was underpowered, because the first few hits give almost no vapor. Then I realized the bowl is part of the airpath, and the bowl is designed to heat up and contribute to vaporization. Why else would the bowl need a handle?

If the bowl is cold, the air also cools down before it hits the weed. I can see why some would find this annoying when you just want a quick hit on your way out. But I wouldn't call it a design flaw by any means. This unit was never meant to be a one-hit 'quick n dirty' vaporizer.

Eventually I got into the habit of attaching the heater to the bowl while it warms up. The bowl is already hot by the time the herb goes in. This way, you get visible vapor on the first inhale, no 'priming' hits necessary.

Inerestingly, the Verdamper doesn't have this issue despite being similar in design. The Verdamper bowl never gets too hot to touch and doesn't need a handle. Yet, it gives visible vapor on the first inhale. I can safely assume its due to the gigantic size and thermal mass of the Verdamper's heating element.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Herbo XL heating system will be my next purchase, sure!

Do you know where it's possible to find the better price, 259 seems the norm....?

PPN,

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I can see why some would find this annoying when you just want a quick hit on your way out. But I wouldn't call it a design flaw by any means. This unit was never meant to be a one-hit 'quick n dirty' vaporizer.

Eventually I got into the habit of attaching the heater to the bowl while it warms up. The bowl is already hot by the time the herb goes in. This way, you get visible vapor on the first inhale, no 'priming' hits necessary.

I totally agree with you on this.

Do you know where it's possible to find the better price, 259 seems the norm....?

I found it 10€ cheaper from a German shop but I had to pay 10€ more for shipment so I bought it at a physical retailer, I don't think you'll find a better deal.

The Beagle,
Reactions: PPN

biohacker

So what are we looking at for TRUE heatup time to avoid primer hits, etc? 20 minutes? I remember (not XL) that 10 minutes wouldn't give vapour...very wispy, but ofcourse I obviously wasn't reaching equilibrium temp.

I just love the purity of this design.....such simplicity, however - like VHW, very fragile glass so probably not the best investment for me lol

biohacker,

rodders83

I leave mine for about 20m, And when i fill a bowl about 5m of heating sometimes there just is nothing on the initial suck and then wham. I've been milking it this last few days and can barely post or do anything my entire body is literally numb.

And yes i have had one accident, First time vaping in the room with carpet and the injector and bowl jammed and when i pulled the injector to clear it out flew the bowl and herbs everywhere. Two hands on this always folks.

rodders83,
Reactions: biohacker

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
the injector and bowl jammed and when i pulled the injector to clear it out

I always pull the bowl with the injector sitting on it when clearing a hit to avoid the risk of joints sticking together. I also prefer to use a claisen with a plug as a carb but it makes the whole system way too tall, I definitely need to get a shorter adapter.

The Beagle,

rodders83

I am going to go the funnel route for it, Fits in and that will 100% stop any sticking its the way its loaded specks hit side and turn into stickyness. The Mighty loading system is something i will emulate with this one.

Just being able to open a Jyarz classic and tap into the funnel hands free will be amazing for me personally, I nearly always have sticky fingers after loading. Oh and if someone is going to buy one, Buy the damm injector stand trust me you will not get one included sadly.

rodders83,

SoulHerb

I'm thinking of investing in a Herborizer as a home unit. Keeping my mighty as portable.

What would you say is the biggest difference between the sphere (XL) & bubbler (XL)?
Is the sphere an ideal shape for this use? And does the bubbler take less lung capacity for a good hit?

I know these things are different from person to person, but some opinions would be nice.

I'm not interested in the tube as a start. Probably maybe someday the ice tube, if i ever have the extra buck.

@rodders83 Quiz question: a good hit from the herborizer and a good hit from the mighty:
1. which one is tastier?
2. Which one has thicker or bigger clouds?

Just wondering as a fellow mighty user ^^ (everything is personal of course)

Last edited:
SoulHerb,
Top Bottom