Herborizer corner

Alpha

Tommy-
I change the temp from 8 to 10 depending on the type of herb and how close it is to the injector. You definitely want the XL injector w temp dial. I typically take 3 or 4 monster hits, 3 or 4 times per day (comes out to .5-.6g day total). *IMO* the effect from the Herbo is more intense vs other vaps and even smoking, 3 or 4 hits gets me ripped for like 6-7 hours.

Djdna-
After a few sessions, try using the middle screen only (the lower one will just trap oil). Also skip the canned air and go for a hand powered lens duster like this-

http://www.amazon.com/Giottos-AA1900-Large-Rocket-Blaster/dp/B00017LSPI

-Alpha

Alpha,

djdna

Alpha said:
Tommy-
I change the temp from 8 to 10 depending on the type of herb and how close it is to the injector. You definitely want the XL injector w temp dial. I typically take 3 or 4 monster hits, 3 or 4 times per day (comes out to .5-.6g day total). *IMO* the effect from the Herbo is more intense vs other vaps and even smoking, 3 or 4 hits gets me ripped for like 6-7 hours.

Djdna-
After a few sessions, try using the middle screen only (the lower one will just trap oil). Also skip the canned air and go for a hand powered lens duster like this-

http://www.amazon.com/Giottos-AA1900-Large-Rocket-Blaster/dp/B00017LSPI

-Alpha
thanks a lot man! just ordered the air blaster, i guess to use the middle screen only id have to take both out then put the middle one back in... ok ill try that, cheers

btw....

i made good use of my herborizer last night, it was seriously awesome! BUT i had a bit of a problem as well, which is worrying, when i was trying to remove the bowl the little glass arm snapped off... i have a feeling it must have been weakened in transit or something because it just came off too easily :(

ive contacted everybodydoesit.com about getting a replacement but i dont know if the warranty covers me, pretty damn annoying but it still works and i guess i can replace it if i need too but im kinda hoping theyll cover me due to me not dropping the glass or anything...

other than that, its an amazing vape, ive never seen/tasted vapor that good in my life, definitely a more satisfying vapor flavour/thickness than a volcano imo...

djdna,

Jedu

Ordered a XL Herborizer without a tube/sphere today. Will post pictures/review when it arrives...

Jedu,

lepstadder

I really want one of these, What type of GonG pipe you using.

What did it cost all said and done?

Was shipping to the US.

Did you get 14.4 or 18.8?

Sorry for all the questions.

But i just ordered a VHW and CAnt wait for it

and deciding on getting an Herborizer Xl or an Aromed

lepstadder,

Tommy

Thanks Alpha!

From what you've said, I think I should go with the Sphere XL...

Anyone else wants to share their opinions?

I'll quote my questions again, so you don't need to go to the last page of this thread...

Tommy said:
1 - Can marcuss or someone who owns the versions with the temperature controller tell me to which temperature do you usually have it set? (some of you said you always leave it in the same temperature but no reference to which temp it may be)

...with the Volcano I get a first bag at 5,5 (184C +-) and a second bag at 6 (190C +-). I like vaping with low temperatures, getting the the fresh flavour and the biggest amount of THC with the first bag and getting a very high (at least much higher than normal) CBD to THC ratio with the second bag, without getting any popcorn taste.

2 - So, being the Herborizer sold with or without temp control, do you think that 190C is ok to me and if I had the temp controler I would have it always around that temp anyway, or do you think I should buy it with the temp controler so that I can get different flavours and different effects if I wish to?

Also, I'm a regular consumer, I consume everyday, but I'm not a heavy consumer, if you know what I mean. I use less than 1gr per day and, what I wanted to mention, I do it with small Volcano bags, usually my bag is around 50cm (1,7 feet +-). I don't use to much at a time.

3 - Is the difference between the Sphere and the Sphere XL comparable to using a 50cm Volcano bag and using a 80cm?
I consider questions 1 and 2 answered by Alpha, so I just need an opinion about question 3 and if someone wants to add anything to questions 1 and 2, even better.

Thanks and good vapes!!!

-t_

Tommy,

djdna

Tommy said:
Thanks Alpha!

From what you've said, I think I should go with the Sphere XL...

Anyone else wants to share their opinions?

I'll quote my questions again, so you don't need to go to the last page of this thread...

Tommy said:
1 - Can marcuss or someone who owns the versions with the temperature controller tell me to which temperature do you usually have it set? (some of you said you always leave it in the same temperature but no reference to which temp it may be)

...with the Volcano I get a first bag at 5,5 (184C +-) and a second bag at 6 (190C +-). I like vaping with low temperatures, getting the the fresh flavour and the biggest amount of THC with the first bag and getting a very high (at least much higher than normal) CBD to THC ratio with the second bag, without getting any popcorn taste.

2 - So, being the Herborizer sold with or without temp control, do you think that 190C is ok to me and if I had the temp controler I would have it always around that temp anyway, or do you think I should buy it with the temp controler so that I can get different flavours and different effects if I wish to?

Also, I'm a regular consumer, I consume everyday, but I'm not a heavy consumer, if you know what I mean. I use less than 1gr per day and, what I wanted to mention, I do it with small Volcano bags, usually my bag is around 50cm (1,7 feet +-). I don't use to much at a time.

3 - Is the difference between the Sphere and the Sphere XL comparable to using a 50cm Volcano bag and using a 80cm?
I consider questions 1 and 2 answered by Alpha, so I just need an opinion about question 3 and if someone wants to add anything to questions 1 and 2, even better.

Thanks and good vapes!!!

-t_
i would imagine the only real difference between the sphere and sphere XL is air flow, the larger the tubes the more air flow etc... (also if you wanted to use it with other glass maybe the size would matter in terms of connectivity?)

as for the temperatures i honestly would have thought that its more about how many times you vape the herb, than how hot it is... at least when im using my herborizer tube the first hit is REALLY nice and fresh tasting then each time i re-vape the tastes worsens, i doubt a change in temperature (subtle ones) would make much difference anyway? as far as i know 190 degrees is meant to be optimal anyway?

then again im just guessing but i do find that the non-xl's temperatures seem to work fine here and i dont have any issues with the amount of air flow either :)

djdna,

freaktech

Anyone has tried vaporstar and herborizer to compare? I have a vaporstar and not seems very efficient...

freaktech,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
a better comparison for the vaporstar is the Supreme Vape.

Depending on your needs, the Herbo is a much better vape except in the portability area...

stonemonkey55,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
stonemonkey55 said:
a better comparison for the vaporstar is the Supreme Vape.
Sorry SM but I don't think that's an apt comparison at all. For one thing on the Supreme you heat the heating block to your desired temperature and then inhale. Given the mass of the heating block it maintains it's temperature throughout the hit , giving the abv a nice even cook.

The Vaporstar handles much more like a Vaporgenie , in that you control the temperature with your breathing. Both the Vaporstar and Vaporgenie require some practice to get the hang of it. In fact my Vaporstar sits unsused in a drawer cause i thought it was too much of a pain to use. I was always ending up scorching the bowl by just winging it and holding yourself to the technique irritates me for some reason.

The Supreme is pretty dummy proof when it comes to technique required to use it. You heat the block and suck in the goodness , no fiddling around. It's only issue is the exposed heating block.

In any event, if a 30$ vaporizer (VS) was comparable to a 400$ one (Herbo) I don't think Herborizer would still be in business...

Skunkypete,

freaktech

I have purchased the basic version (without control temp). The XL version, It makes a big difference respect basic version (efficiency for example)? I think if alkaloids vaporizing at 190, more temp dont should make a sustancial difference, really?

freaktech,

hanfhead

is high
Christmas came early

phireherborizer.jpg

New switch!

phireswitchz.jpg

hanfhead,

Tommy

Very nice hanfhead, thanks for the pics.

Any idea about the correspondance between those numbers and real temperatures? Is it the same scale that Volcano uses?

Good vapes!

-t_

Tommy,

2000pm

damn i really like that new switch - want!

Can anyone point me in the right direction for these two things:
1) a __mm GoG female "holder" for the injector? I know he sells them on the site but I won't pay dbl the price of it just to ship it over to the states. How big is that injector anyway? I'm guessing some lab supply store might suffice...

2) and on the same note, a 14mm to __mm adapter so I can use the injector in my illiadelph?

thanks!!

2000pm,

freaktech

wow, herborizer seems make me more high than vaporstar... It is suggestion or is normal? herborizer gives me very powerful effect, like tripping (more mellow of course, but same nature of high) with changes in perception, brightness and soft visuals and paranoid thoughts sometimes. Music sounds more "slowly"? Is this possible or maybe placebo? herborizer kick my ass hard xd

freaktech,

hanfhead

is high
No idea what the temps are, it works good on 7 but 7.5 to 8 seems about perfect.

Does anyone know if this has an auto off feature? Twice now it has cooled off unexpectedly while I was using it. The light stayed on but it just stopped working and someone noticed it had cooled off. I am going to be emailing the owner in case it is defective. I don't know what I would do without this thing.

Here is a picture of the holder I am using. It is a piece of lab glassware from an old pharmacy. 15ml

imag0085i.jpg

hanfhead,

Alpha

I used to have the same problem. I fixed it by inserting a small sliver of clean steel screen mesh inside the injectors connector(makes a better contact). The little pin inside the connector was the problem in my case. Hope you get the issue worked out quick ;-)

Alpha,

MichMartin

Hi.

I bought the classic version with a 14mm joint a couple of weeks ago and have been using it with my Little Sista. It is great. I usually just take a full breath with the bong. The product also last a lot longer.
The only thing I regret is getting the 14mm verson, but then if I was to buy the 18mm I'd have to get a new bong as-well and I just don't want to spend that money. But 14mm looks kinda weak to me. But it has worked fiiiiiiiine so far :)

Yesterday I broke the glass tip in the heater element :( I don't like to keep in/on the bowl while it heats up. The whole bowl gets really hot and I think it might vaporize away. So I usually suspend it in the air while it heats and yesterday it fell down. It was a 20-30cm fall to wooden floor.
The glass around the heater seems very fragile. I hope they can fix it. Too bad having to buy anther one not two weeks after I got it.

But I thought about the design. Why isn't the heater tip completely inside the ground joint? That would eliminate any danger to breaking it. And surely the joint is much stronger glass.

Well that's all I had on my mind. I hope you had a great Christmas and happy new year to everyone!

MichMartin,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
MichMartin said:
Hi.

I bought the classic version with a 14mm joint a couple of weeks ago and have been using it with my Little Sista. It is great. I usually just take a full breath with the bong. The product also last a lot longer.
The only thing I regret is getting the 14mm verson, but then if I was to buy the 18mm I'd have to get a new bong as-well and I just don't want to spend that money. But 14mm looks kinda weak to me. But it has worked fiiiiiiiine so far :)

Yesterday I broke the glass tip in the heater element :( I don't like to keep in/on the bowl while it heats up. The whole bowl gets really hot and I think it might vaporize away. So I usually suspend it in the air while it heats and yesterday it fell down. It was a 20-30cm fall to wooden floor.
The glass around the heater seems very fragile. I hope they can fix it. Too bad having to buy anther one not two weeks after I got it.

But I thought about the design. Why isn't the heater tip completely inside the ground joint? That would eliminate any danger to breaking it. And surely the joint is much stronger glass.

Well that's all I had on my mind. I hope you had a great Christmas and happy new year to everyone!
They sell injector stands. So you can heat the injector without leaving it in the bowl. I have also seen glass companies make bowl holders that the injector might fit in, like RooR maybe?

DevoTheStrange,

Jedu

I've been using XL herborrizer for a bit and can defiantly relate to the powerful high everyone seems to be talking about. This vape just kicks my ass...

Jedu,

djdna

just wanted to say im loving the herborizer, ive had a small problem with everybodydoesit.com though (which is that the herborizer bowls arm broke off in use, which MUST have been caused by damage during shipping or previously) but theyre trying to source a replacement, so they may completely fix the problem anyway :D

ive also noticed a tiny hairline fracture between the holes in the heating elements pointed end which must have been caused by temp changes (as ive been ULTRA careful with it so far) but i dont think thats a problem

the vaporizer itself is amazing though, i love it to bits, cleaning it out means iso-hash which is a nice bonus and it couldnt be easier to use/clean, also i honestly beleive the vapor from it is some of the densest and most fully flavoured ive tried

can anyone outline the main differences between the VHW and the herborizer if possible? i have a friend who is interested but doesnt know which to get

djdna,

MichMartin

Does anyone have a smart way to vape hash?
Getting green is pretty hard here, so I am stuck with hash til I get my grow on.
Usually I have to use like 2g for it to work properly. Otherwise there just is not enough material in the bowl.

MichMartin,
Top Bottom