Help request: spouse quit, wants me also

florduh

My grandma says that the key to a good relationship are rare contacts.

I've been thinking about that. From an anthropological perspective, I wonder how "natural" the way couples live really is. Yeah, it's important to live together when raising children. But we evolved to live in small communities where everyone helped out with raising the next generation. Now, there is no community or society. Every family is an atomized unit, in competition with every other family. It's very unnatural.

I've definitely had best friends who became some of my least favorite people after we were roommates. COVID put a strain on a lot of relationships too, as couples started spending way more time together. My lady friend was unemployed for half of 2020. I love her but, I work from home and didn't really sign up for seeing her every moment of the day, 24/7. Sounds shitty, but I loved her more once she was out of the house 40 hours a week lol.

vapirtoo

By the grace of God my wife has accepted my pot use especially when
I kept it away from her sons when they were young. They were 16
when they knew. I thought they had no idea till 18, but hey they disclosed
all after college. They do not enjoy weed, maybe some edibles (10 mg.).
Wifey is now working at home, invading my man cave. Early on I
was in the middle of a wake and bake session, and she comes down
and sucks her teeth and says, "My God this early!"
I was stoned as all hell so I very calmly told her that on any regular day
I would have already dropped her off at work and this was how I enjoyed
my morning brew and vape. She laughed and booted up her work computer.

We just came back from Aruba, and I never travel well, but I used edibles
on the flight and my wife said it was the most enjoyable flight she ever
had with me.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I've been thinking about that. From an anthropological perspective, I wonder how "natural" the way couples live really is. Yeah, it's important to live together when raising children. But we evolved to live in small communities where everyone helped out with raising the next generation. Now, there is no community or society. Every family is an atomized unit, in competition with every other family. It's very unnatural.

I've definitely had best friends who became some of my least favorite people after we were roommates. COVID put a strain on a lot of relationships too, as couples started spending way more time together. My lady friend was unemployed for half of 2020. I love her but, I work from home and didn't really sign up for seeing her every moment of the day, 24/7. Sounds shitty, but I loved her more once she was out of the house 40 hours a week lol.
Yeah man ! The Future is Singular :)). The world is so busy these days and everyone has so much shit to do,that he doesnt have time to engage with other people's world/problems. My Gf is desk manager at her firm and she spends like 2 hours extra every day and she sleeps like 10 ,she's got like 4 hours'' free'' and one of them is her lunch break, the remaining three she uses to clean ,cook,work out and get ready for work/sleep.

Top Bottom