1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Help me please!! I have a question!!

Discussion in 'ABV' started by smokey27, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokey27

smokey27 New Member

So I have a Topoo...your basic vaporizer that you have to plug in and has a temp reading on it and has a whip that comes with it.

Well, my thing is that it makes a buzzing sound and overheats when I have it plugged into my inverter in my car. Why is it doing this? And what can be done to fix the problem?

Thanks for any answers!
  2. momofthegoons

momofthegoons vapor accessory addict Staff Member

Okay.... the first thing I'm going to do is direct you to our rules. Specifically this one:

I have closed down the other two threads you started with the exact same message. :cool:

Now that we've covered that, if I'm not mistaken, your vape is a cheap Chinese knock off of the Vapor Brothers. The buzzing sound could very well be the electronics overheating, especially when plugged into your car. A car will put out much more voltage than a standard wall adapter. Does this vape do the same thing when plugged into the wall?
    mvapes and Puffers like this.
  3. smokey27

smokey27 New Member

no, it does not do the same when plugged into a wall. Sorry about the multi posts :)
  4. momofthegoons

momofthegoons vapor accessory addict Staff Member

Then I think you are overheating it in the car.

And welcome to the forum. ;)
  5. OF

OF Well-Known Member

It's most l likely the result of the "square wave output" (rather than sine wave like domestic power) that's causing it. This is standard for cheap inverters, you need at least a good grade 'modified sine wave' unit, but the best fit will be with 'true sine wave' units:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_inverter

Often this is not a big deal because the transformer being driven has enough margin built into it's design to handle it, not so in the case of cheap ones. Doing this is not safe, the overheating can lead to an electrical fire when you really don't want one (like motoring down the highway of life, stoned?).

I advise against it.

OF
    ictus, NewVape, smokey27 and 2 others like this.
  6. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

^^ Great advice !!!
  7. smokey27

smokey27 New Member

thanks OF! I will try to find a sine wave inverter then
  8. Fully Melted

Fully Melted It's OK to enjoy your medicine.

You may hard pressed to find a pure sine wave inverter. The last one I bought cost $1100 usd
    Even a decent modified square wave inverter costs 3x your vape. Something to ponder.
  9. OF

OF Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Good luck.

OF
  10. smokey27

smokey27 New Member

found some that are just a little more than regular ones....you must have bought a heavy duty one
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors