Help me pick a new vape

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the vaporbros handfree - currently out on maint. repair

Also have a MFLB - don't really like it, will be up for sale

Thinking about getting a VHW, but they use metal screens right?

I want something all ceramic/glass ideally. Can someone help?

Need more than 1 vape around...

mod note: General section is "Vapor related but not model specific". Thread moved.

Mo Dynamico,
SD_haze said:
price range?

i don't really have a set number I guess ?? haha

I like the Cloud but dont know when that will actually be out

VHW looks cool for the price, what are the negatives with this one?

I want to use it with a bong or bubbler, etc.

Mo Dynamico,
biojuggernaut said:
it breaks easy. Might I recomend a wooden vape such as a log vape or the Supreme.

Ah shit, I would definitely break it then

Googling log vape and Supreme now as they are new to me...

Mo Dynamico,

Dberm

Do you use oils?

If so, check out either the Vape-or-smoke or the Omicron ecig.

Could also go for an Airizier Solo for portability or a Hakko soldering iron modded (or Herb Iron if you've got the cash!)

Dberm,

Nycdeisel

Google wont get you far, it will just lead you back to this site! :lol:
THIS is where the infos at, just search this site there are TONS of answers.

Now, lets talk about that VB of yours! its being repaired, thats a good step in the right direction. but how do you like the VB? do you like the whip type vaporizer?

the best WHIP TYPE vapes are the DBV and the SSV. period, function in a similar way but a lot better then the VB.

Nycdeisel,

thecragus

I would suggest you look into the Arizer Solo. There is a long thread about them here. I've had no problems with mine and they are addressing a problem with the ceramic coating....but still plan to continue making the "coated" version. Some put a screen in the bat but it's not necessary. I do use stainless steel screens (.5 inch) in mine. Very efficient IMHO.

thecragus,
Dberm said:
Do you use oils?

If so, check out either the Vape-or-smoke or the Omicron ecig.

Could also go for an Airizier Solo for portability or a Hakko soldering iron modded (or Herb Iron if you've got the cash!)

Ive seen some cool mods with the Hakko

Like putting a glass tip on it (looked like from SSV)

And then just touching that to bowls.

If you just use the Hakko with the ceramic tip and touch it to a bowl, will that vaporize? Or combust?

Mo Dynamico,
Nycdeisel said:
Google wont get you far, it will just lead you back to this site! :lol:
THIS is where the infos at, just search this site there are TONS of answers.

Now, lets talk about that VB of yours! its being repaired, thats a good step in the right direction. but how do you like the VB? do you like the whip type vaporizer?

the best WHIP TYPE vapes are the DBV and the SSV. period, function in a similar way but a lot better then the VB.

Yeah I wish I had know that before I got the VB. I do like whips instead of bags.

How about the arizer extreme: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-NEW-AR...376?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a65c9d968

Mo Dynamico,
thecragus said:
I would suggest you look into the Arizer Solo. There is a long thread about them here. I've had no problems with mine and they are addressing a problem with the ceramic coating....but still plan to continue making the "coated" version. Some put a screen in the bat but it's not necessary. I do use stainless steel screens (.5 inch) in mine. Very efficient IMHO.

Do you use it everyday?

I was looking at this one but got talked into buying the MFLB - what a pain that thing is

Mo Dynamico,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Imo Cloud will meet your requirements very well, I think it's coming out soon. DBV or SSV are also good choises.

Seek,
Seek said:
Imo Cloud will meet your requirements very well, I think it's coming out soon. DBV or SSV are also good choises.

Yeah the Cloud looks cool... everyone keeps saying "soon".... but when???

Also do you know if it uses a metal screen?

Mo Dynamico,

SD_haze

Mo Dynamico said:
Seek said:

Yeah the Cloud looks cool... everyone keeps saying "soon".... but when???

Also do you know if it uses a metal screen?

Before 2012 is a safe bet;)

SD_haze,

nr-cole

I'm not sure how many vapes there are that don't use some kind of screen, but the number is definitely small. The Solo springs to mind.

Most vape screens use the most inert stainless steel alloy available (304 I think), so there's no chance of it hurting you whatsoever. If you're interested in all-glass/ceramic airpaths for flavour there's many where the screen is the only metal involved and they are rated very high in that department. The VHW like you mentioned, as well as the SSV/DBV, the log vaporizers, and the Supreme.

nr-cole,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom