Help me choose a portable

blank

I am going around in circles.

My friend is letting me use his PAX3, which he will sell to me at a reasonable price, but after alot of research I feel there are better vapes.

I have only owned one vaporiser, the S&B Plenty, which i think is incredible. I loved it.

This makes me very interested in the Mighty or Crafty+, but they are so expensive.

I have looked at the following vapes but struggling to decide.

Firefly 2 - dont like stirring though
ArGo - was very keen on this but see people saying the vapour is not spectacular?
Air 2 or Solo 2 - love these but not very discrete
Pax 3 - makes me cough and not great to clean
Fury 2 - not available locally and would have to import it, battery seems limited

In a perfect world I would just get the crafty+ or mighty, I feel like the ArGo is pretty cool though, discreet and easy to clean with replaceable battery. It just looks a bit cheap to me.

How big of a difference is there between the ArGo and Solo2? The ArGo is so discreet I could use it anywhere but 90% of the time I'm getting high is at home or with friends where that doesn't matter.

Would just be awesome knowing i can medicate literally anywhere with the ArGo.

Thanks for any advise.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I remember buying the Firefly 1 when it was hot and in competition with the the first Pax. It was expensive, trendy, and underwhelming. I then decided to find good vapes that don't cost 300 fucking dollars. Storz and Bickel seems to charge a lot of money for a lot of plastic parts, and they are in the hot seat these days for their Volcano debacle. IMHO :uhoh:

I own a Fury 2 and it is a very good portable for flavor, decent hits and very good stealth. The battery has its limits to get the size down. The Edge is very similar with more battery power.

Recommendations are cheap, take them for what they are, and my recommendations change as my vape interests change. It also matters if you're looking to use it yourself mostly, or need a vape to get everyone high. In addition, for personal use I love the Dynavap vapcap and an induction heater. The vapcaps can be used anywhere, and you could pick up a @Pipes IH. A killer combo.

I am not knowledgable of the limitations for ordering outside the US.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I second the comments from @BabyFacedFinster about the high prices and old tech of s&b vapes as well as the relative strength the Fury Edge. I owned a Mighty for over a year and was never impressed.

The Argo is a nice idea that didn't really come together and the draw resistance of all the Arizer portables is a deal breaker for me.

I use an assortment of Splinters at home as well as an og Sticky Brick and some nice vapcaps (nearly always with an induction heater).

If you have a higher budget check out the Tinymight.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Let’s see if we can help you stop going around in circles...
How will you be using your vape?
Mostly out and about?
Mostly by yourself or with several people?
Do you use a lot of herb at once or just a hit or two and then go back to it later?
What is most important to you? Size? Battery life/flexibility? Flavor? price?
Also, where are you located to help us recommend ones that you can obtain easily.

blank

90% at home or friends. But I want something that can come with me out and about.

I am a long time bong smoker. I havnt combusted for 2 days since I borrowed my friends PAX3. I wasnt that impressed initially but Im warming up to it. Its good enough to keep me off the bong. Not as good as the Plenty which I loved.

I would normally just hit one bong and that would keep me good for about an hour or two.

Most important is price and quality/amount/strength of vapor. I want to smoke and move on. I dont want to spend too much time vaping a load.

Ive gone down the rabbit hole on these DynaVaps and im now very keen for a NonaVong.

Pros:

ultra portable
Inexpensive
No battery
Can be used with waterpieces or standalone
Huge clouds?
Vape quality normally seen on desktops?

Cons:

Not really discreet

vapognak

Huge clouds with Vapcap? Definitely! It requires a bit of learning time but clouds you will have.

Not as powerful as desktop because you will have bigger bowls with plenty or Extrem Q or Ditanium...

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I am a big fan of the Vapcap - and all of your pro’s are accurate, but want to throw out a few other cons for you to consider:
There is a learning curve as @vapognak mentioned - some find it very frustrating, others not so much.
This can also be a con when sharing with friends - some can pick up on it quicker than others.

The bowl is small - 1-3 hits is all you will get for each load (not a con if that is what you are looking for! - only when sharing with others)

As inexpensive as it is to get started, there are so many add ons and third party artisans out there, you may find yourself spending more than you initially intended (this can be good and bad)

With that said, it is an excellent choice, and if the cons don’t scare you off, I would suggest saving a few bucks, skip the Omni and start with the Nonovong XL. (Others may tell you differently, just my opinion).

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Im super intrigued by these DynaVaps. Want to get the NonaVong or OmniVong.

With Dynavaps there are so many options. They make their own nice stems, then there are folks who are members here that make all types of other stems that can easily pair with the DV tip and cap. They can be made out of titanium, SS, wood and glass. Like many of us, once you get one then eventually you end up with many others.

Torches are not discreet and can be a pain in the fucking ass for some (like me). Others master and become one with the torch. Induction heaters transformed the Dynavap hobby for me. For portability, there are battery powered induction heaters that you can take around with you. @Pipes makes the Portside mini and there is also the Fluxer IH's. Both have threads here.

Honestly, I use my DV at home and like the Fury 2 for the road, beach, park, etc. As @Jill NYC says, you have a lot of things to consider. But I don't know anyone that just owns one vape for very long. VAS is a disease that has no cure. Once you like vaping, you'll probably have a couple vapes for different purposes and a graveyard of past vapes that fell out of favor. My vape drawer looks like that surplus robot ship from Star Wars.

GoldenBud

I am going around in circles.

My friend is letting me use his PAX3, which he will sell to me at a reasonable price, but after alot of research I feel there are better vapes.

I have only owned one vaporiser, the S&B Plenty, which i think is incredible. I loved it.

This makes me very interested in the Mighty or Crafty+, but they are so expensive.

I have looked at the following vapes but struggling to decide.

Firefly 2 - dont like stirring though
ArGo - was very keen on this but see people saying the vapour is not spectacular?
Air 2 or Solo 2 - love these but not very discrete
Pax 3 - makes me cough and not great to clean
Fury 2 - not available locally and would have to import it, battery seems limited

In a perfect world I would just get the crafty+ or mighty, I feel like the ArGo is pretty cool though, discreet and easy to clean with replaceable battery. It just looks a bit cheap to me.

How big of a difference is there between the ArGo and Solo2? The ArGo is so discreet I could use it anywhere but 90% of the time I'm getting high is at home or with friends where that doesn't matter.

Would just be awesome knowing i can medicate literally anywhere with the ArGo.

Thanks for any advise.
TinyMight. small, clouds on demand, reliable (the manufacturer is a known guy), efficient heater. One 18650 20A battery is required, it'll be enough for like 8-12 sessions I think.

MasterChief

You can’t go wrong with the Solo 2 if you’ll be using it at home most of the time. Easy to use, easy to clean, consistent results, and a long battery life. I’ve had a Pax, DaVinci IQ, Custom Splinter Z, Crafty, and a Mighty. The Solo 2 is the only one I use now. I’ll sometimes pull out the ArGo for on the go.

MasterChief,
The DynaVap is my daily driver. Havnt combusted since I got it. I love it.

Its so quick to use, portable and easy to clean. Fat clouds. My friends all think its amazing.

I carry my hydravong, lighter and jar of weed with me anywhere i want and can vape on demand.

Hell yeah. The whole Dynavap set up is really great and can be super duper convenient in a ton of settings. When at home, ripping a vapcap through a bubbler is just an absolute delight. However, out and about you get some real 'oh, that guy is smoking some kind of rock-type substance' looks when you duck down alleys to cook up a delightful bowl of CBD Shark.

improved_slagzord,
Reactions: joner
Top Bottom